#101 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,882 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 10:40 PM

Should get TDs though.

I actually like Hillis, especially in the mid-70s. Like you say he should get TDs and KC has spread the carries around (though maybe that changes now that Haley is gone) and I expect him to get most of the goal line work, so he'll have good value even if Charles is perfectly healthy.

#102 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,378 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 29 August 2012 - 10:40 PM

I could see Calvin over CJ. I have Calvin in 2 other leagues. I just expect CJ2K to have a big year this year.

I would rather have Jennings and Hernandez compared to Gronk and a guy like Harvin. I am really high on Hernandez...won't be surprised if he scores more fantasy points thn Gronk this year.

As for Austin. He was my gamble. I like him a lot and when he is healthy, he is a top 10 WR. I happen to like Austin better than Cruz but I do think Cruz is more of a sure thing because of Austins hammy.

I would have liked a better RB2 but i do think Turner should score TDs.

If Peyton is healthy, he will have a big year.

Even if Peyton is healthy, he's up there in age, was declining some before the injury, is with a new team, and has to play outdoors, often in poor weather compared to the dome in Indy. I think that all leads to a big drop in numbers.

But he certainly has the potential to be great.

#103 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 29 August 2012 - 10:42 PM

Yeah when I had a top-7 earlier, I was interested in who you had in your top-8 that I thought was in a lower tier. Turns out it was Chris Johnson. I don't think he's a bad pick there by any stretch, and he's obviously got tons of upside, but I think Calvin Johnson has pretty much just as high of an upside and not as much risk. I had Chris Johnson as my 8th best player, so it's a very minor nit pick.

I agree with this as well.

I was hoping one of the top 6 would fall to me and I wouldn't have to choose between the 2 CJs.

Calvin does have the madden curse to deal with too! Lol

#104 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 29 August 2012 - 10:47 PM

Even if Peyton is healthy, he's up there in age, was declining some before the injury, is with a new team, and has to play outdoors, often in poor weather compared to the dome in Indy. I think that all leads to a big drop in numbers.

But he certainly has the potential to be great.

All good points. But where I took him, I liked the upside.

#105 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,378 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 10:48 PM

Vick was the biggest mistake IMO. Ridley, Willis , or a Vincent Jackson would have been nice there.

Otherwise Im nitpicking a bit. I like say, Benson and Ingram over Williams or Boldin/Meachem over Tate.

Fair enough. I went more upside with those guys because I'm sure you'd agree that both are an injury away (and i'm not counting on injuries from guys who never get hurt) from being arguably a RB1. I actually would say comfortably within the top 10 RB's if Foster and/or Stewart get hurt. Williams has also shown he can be solid even with Stewart. If both he and Benson are healthy, I'll take Williams in his current role over Cedric in his, or I'll take Williams if Stewart gets hurt over Ced if Starks gets hurt.

I also don't see much value in Boldin inthe 9th. I was hoping Meachem would slide to me in the 10th, but barely had him above Floyd anyway.

#106 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,378 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 10:50 PM

At least I have the best name. :lol:

I need Sammy to make me a cool team logo.

#107 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,378 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 29 August 2012 - 10:51 PM

Yeah when I had a top-7 earlier, I was interested in who you had in your top-8 that I thought was in a lower tier. Turns out it was Chris Johnson. I don't think he's a bad pick there by any stretch, and he's obviously got tons of upside, but I think Calvin Johnson has pretty much just as high of an upside and not as much risk. I had Chris Johnson as my 8th best player, so it's a very minor nit pick.

I think that is the hardest spot in the first round, that 7/8 pick area. I thought for a minute about just reaching and taking Forte at 8 because RB is so thin, didn't know who would be left when it came back around. Don't really love Charles or Gore, that's why I don't really love my team. I much would have rather ended up with another pair up there.

Thought Megatron was too good to pass up at 8 though, and that FORCED me to go back to back RB in the 2/3rd. I think I did good getting depth at WR with Wayne and Decker, who Peyton apparently really likes.

I think my team is solid, but not spectacular. I should be in it most weeks, really just depends on what kind of offense KC runs, Gore staying healthy and who has a better year between Ryan and Cutler.
@JeremyMStrain

#108 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,378 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 10:52 PM

Speaking of Sammy, I really like his WR's (Nicks, Marshall, Maclin) along with Cam and McFadden. Ridley is key there.

#109 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,378 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 10:55 PM

Speaking of Sammy, I really like his WR's (Nicks, Marshall, Maclin) along with Cam and McFadden. Ridley is key there.

Yeah he beat me to Marshall (was already planning on Cutler late), and I really would have liked McFadden to drop back to me instead of Charles.
@JeremyMStrain

#110 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,378 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 10:57 PM

Yeah he beat me to Marshall (was already planning on Cutler late), and I really would have liked McFadden to drop back to me instead of Charles.

I would have been happy with any of Nicks, Cruz, or Marshall at 43. Luckily I was able to get one of them.

#111 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,378 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 11:01 PM

One of the most head scratching picks to me was Peterson at 13. He's just way too much of a risk to go that high imo.

Let me add Jones-Drew to that. Even if he comes back tomorrow, I would have taken one of the next 3 guys plus the top two TE's and a couple other guys over him simply because of the problems hold outs often have when they come back so late.

#112 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,378 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 11:03 PM

Let me add Jones-Drew to that. Even if he comes back tomorrow, I would have taken one of the next 3 guys plus the top two TE's and a couple other guys over him simply because of the problems hold outs often have when they come back so late.

Agreed. I wouldn't have taken him period. He was on my avoid list for sure.
@JeremyMStrain

#113 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,378 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 11:06 PM

With a brief look over at the teams, I'll give my vote to Mackus for best team. I liked the idea of having the first pick this year due to how high I am on Rodgers and the parity I perceive for RB's after the top 3 and for WR's other than Johnson.

#114 KRL224

KRL224
  • Members
  • 495 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 30 August 2012 - 07:00 AM

QB: Schaub, Smith
RB: Peterson, Forte, McGahee, Mendenhall, Jacobs, Goodson
WR: Colston, Bryant, Boldin, Moss
TE: Finley, Witten
K: Janikowski
D: Ravens

Not terribly disappointed for having the 12th pick but my bench is pretty poor, which could be a big factor with the injury concerns with my starters. This was my first draft this season, and I didn't get a chance to prepare much at all. Really wanted to get Wilson in the 8th, have big expectations for him up in NY this year.
@KRL224

#115 KRL224

KRL224
  • Members
  • 495 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 30 August 2012 - 07:05 AM

One of the most head scratching picks to me was Peterson at 13. He's just way too much of a risk to go that high imo.

Can't really argue with that, he will almost certainly make or break my year.
@KRL224

#116 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 30 August 2012 - 07:29 AM

They don't mean a lot but if you use the ESPN projections of each teams starters, everyone, outside of a few teams, are within 50ish points(or a difference of 2-4 points per week)..not a huge disparity.

The reality is that in a 12 team, non keeper league, everyone has a good team at this point.

Luck is what will win it at this point. Are you that team that scores a lot of points but still loses because you play the highest scoring team every week? Or, vice versa..are you the team that doesn't score much but you always play teams who are having off weeks? What about your health?

#117 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,615 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 30 August 2012 - 07:36 AM

Sammy stole McFadden from me..

QB: Stafford
RB: Murray, Sproles, Martin, Wilson, Benson, Hillman
WR: Bowe, V Jackson, Meachem, T Young, Jeffery, Randle
TE: Gresham
DEF: Giants
K: Bailey

I like my depth at RB. Upside at WR. Two or three times a TE was taken right before I was going to, so I waited and waited. I'm pretty happy with my team.

Might be willing to trade one of V Jackson or D Martin. Don't love having WR/RB from the same team.

#118 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,615 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 30 August 2012 - 07:37 AM

They don't mean a lot but if you use the ESPN projections of each teams starters, everyone, outside of a few teams, are within 50ish points..not a huge disparity.

The reality is that in a 12 team, non keeper league, everyone has a good team at this point.

Luck is what will win it at this point. Are you that team that scores a lot of points but still loses because you play the highest scoring team every week? Or, vice versa..are you the team that doesn't score much but you always play teams who are having off weeks? What about your health?

Exactly. If you don't like your team right after a draft that's not a good sign. It'll be clear in a few weeks what the best teams are.

#119 Adam Wolff

Adam Wolff

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,294 posts
  • LocationWaynesboro, PA

Posted 05 September 2012 - 05:58 PM

Can we get this thread added to the Fantasy section?

@AdamWolff

#120 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,238 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 09 September 2012 - 10:51 PM

KRL up on me 87-83. I have Rivers and Torrey, he has Ravens D and Janikowski.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=