#61 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 09:08 PM

6 pt pass league actually.

Makes more sense why Vick was there at 54. There will be 10 + QBs who have more TDs than Vick and since passing and rushing count the same there is no value in Vick over a Cutler or a Schaub. So yeah,MWeb screwed the pooch. ;)

In the same vain Newton should have been sig devalued as well.

#62 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,377 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 29 August 2012 - 09:09 PM

Are you all happy with your teams?

Meh, mine is ok. I hate that i got autodrafted for a pick i wouldn't have made. And I think I did ok with what fell to me, but I didn't really go get a ton of guys i was excited about.
@JeremyMStrain

#63 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,355 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 29 August 2012 - 09:10 PM

Assuming it's a 4point passing td league Vick shouldn't have been there at 54 so you got good value. That said, unless youre able to trade him youre never going to start him over Brees outside of Brees's bye week. So I would need to know exactly who you passed on and what your team looked like at the time to be critical.

Well maybe Allstar will make the league public, but here's what I had:

Brees
Gronk
Richardson
Cruz

Guys picked after: Manning, Ryan, Greene, Ridley, Bowe, McGahee, Finley, Jackson, Maclin, V. Davis, Decker, Hernandez.

Then was my next pick: Antonio Brown

I would have likely went with Ridley or McGahee if I didn't take Vick.

Rest of team:
D. Williams
F. Davis (Flex/TE)
Tate
Malcolm Floyd
Felix Jones
Hankerson
Vereen
Hightower
Jets
Prater

Obviously some fliers toward the end and plenty of backup RB's. Of course my starting lineup would be better with a more secure RB instead of Vick and then a backup QB later instead of one of the later picks.

#64 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,377 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 29 August 2012 - 09:11 PM

Makes more sense why Vick was there at 54. There will be 10 + QBs who have more TDs than Vick and since passing and rushing count the same there is no value in Vick over a Cutler or a Schaub. So yeah,MWeb screwed the pooch. ;)

He made a valid point in that what would he have taken there? I backup RB? I don't think it was earth shattering, and if Vick gets off to a big start, I'm sure he'll flip him, if he doesn't he's got a solid backup in case NO falls apart or Brees gets hurt.

I took Cutler in the 9th though, I think he and Marshall have a big year, but I thought about him as early as the 7th.
@JeremyMStrain

#65 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,355 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 09:13 PM

In the same vain Newton should have been sig devalued as well.

Depends on health. If Vick is healthy, I suspect he'll be in the top 6 QB's in fantasy points with this scoring system. But I know you don't like him nearly as much as I do.

Newton was taken 15th.

#66 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 29 August 2012 - 09:15 PM

He made a valid point in that what would he have taken there? I backup RB? I don't think it was earth shattering, and if Vick gets off to a big start, I'm sure he'll flip him, if he doesn't he's got a solid backup in case NO falls apart or Brees gets hurt.

I took Cutler in the 9th though, I think he and Marshall have a big year, but I thought about him as early as the 7th.

Cutler was a nice pick.

MWeb got good value with Vick...took him right before i was going to.

#67 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,355 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 09:19 PM

I don't like where I picked. I felt like I had to go with Brees at 6, but I would have rather had Rodgers or just wait on a QB and I could have had Vick in the 5th and then Rivers/Cutler/RGIII/Big Ben/Luck later on.

I do love Gronk at 19 and Cruz at 43! Richardson should be good value if he's healthy. I think I got a lot of good value from rounds 5-11 as well. To be a strong contender, I'm probably going to need one of my backup RB's to emerge as a good starter and/or Vick to play well enough to deal him or Brees to get more help at RB.

#68 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 29 August 2012 - 09:24 PM

I don't like where I picked. I felt like I had to go with Brees at 6, but I would have rather had Rodgers or just wait on a QB and I could have had Vick in the 5th and then Rivers/Cutler/RGIII/Big Ben/Luck later on.

I do love Gronk at 19 and Cruz at 43! Richardson should be good value if he's healthy. I think I got a lot of good value from rounds 5-11 as well. To be a strong contender, I'm probably going to need one of my backup RB's to emerge as a good starter and/or Vick to play well enough to deal him or Brees to get more help at RB.

Brees will get you 20+ points a week though. At 6pts per TD, you had to take him although I do agree that Vick could give you similar points.

He is also a safe pick. Plays every game and will put up the stats.

#69 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,234 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 29 August 2012 - 09:33 PM

Eh, mine's ok. Prolly should've been better.

#70 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 09:34 PM

Well I like the Brees Gronk combo in the first two rounds MWeb. Cruz should be terrific value in the 4th as well. I worry about your RBs and yes I would have taken Ridley or Willis over Vick. Def could be a contender , will depend on Richardson and whether you can hit on another one of those questionable RBs. Brown was another good pick that late .

I would have really liked blank but Bradford as a starer(if im not missing someone).Yikes.

I like Mackus. Whoever picked 2nd did well too. High Flying did well for being later 1st. Its somewhat hard looking round by round instead of team by team.

Anyway good luck to you guys. I expect to see some trash talking in the thread.

#71 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 09:37 PM

You nailed the first two rounds. Nailed it with where you were picking. Potentially nailed the 3rd and 4th too. After that you blew it(outside of Brown ) but the first 4 rounds could carry you.

#72 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 29 August 2012 - 09:41 PM

Eh, mine's ok. Prolly should've been better.

Am I the only one who likes his team? Lol

#73 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts
  • LocationBeautiful Bel Air, MD

Posted 29 August 2012 - 09:43 PM

I do. But I'm also generally apathetic towards fantasy football beyond a certain point.

#74 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 09:44 PM

Who is team blank and who is Bacon???

#75 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,355 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 09:52 PM

You nailed the first two rounds. Nailed it with where you were picking. Potentially nailed the 3rd and 4th too. After that you blew it(outside of Brown ) but the first 4 rounds could carry you.

Other than Vick, what would you have done after the first 4 rounds, or I guess 6 rounds?

I think there's a reasonable chance that one of Williams, Tate, or Jones can end up starting due to injury or just they can each pick up occasional starts and all of those guys are quite good if starting, especially Tate. Or like I said, I may be able to add a RB by dealing one of the QB's or possibly Davis.

#76 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,355 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 09:56 PM

Team Bacon I assume?

I like the starters a lot besides TE; although, Johnson often disappoints.

I don't care much for Green-Ellis. Redman may be good, though.

#77 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 29 August 2012 - 10:03 PM

Team Bacon I assume?

I like the starters a lot besides TE; although, Johnson often disappoints.

I don't care much for Green-Ellis. Redman may be good, though.

Yea I like his team. Johnson needs to stay healthy. I took Jennings over him to go with the safer pick.

#78 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,701 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 10:05 PM

I like my team. Had first overall pick.

FUZZY DUNLOP
1 Aaron Rodgers, GB QB
24 Fred Jackson, Buf RB
25 Marshawn Lynch, Sea RB
48 Percy Harvin, Min WR
49 Brandon Lloyd, NE WR
72 C.J. Spiller, Buf RB
73 Pierre Garcon, Wsh WR
96 Nate Washington, Ten WR
97 Ryan Williams, Ari RB
120 Lance Moore, NO WR
121 Greg Olsen, Car TE
144 Taiwan Jones, Oak RB
145 Josh Freeman, TB QB
168 Eagles D/ST D/ST
169 Stephen Gostkowski, NE K
192 Danny Amendola, StL WR

I really wanted Torrey Smith at 72 (and then CJ Spiller at 73) but Chris Bacon took him the pick immediately before mine. I'd be pretty much in love with my team if I had been able to get him there. I reached a tiny bit on Spiller, but purposefully because I have Jackson. I'm really high on both Washington and Moore this year (have at least one of them on each of my 3 teams). Also high on Harvin and Lloyd as my starting WRs.

My biggest concern is I'm pretty lumped up with my bye weeks, so I'll either need to make some trades/FA pickups or could be in for a rough time in weeks 9-11. I've found that bunching isn't as major of a problem if it's late in the year, since there is so much turnover.

#79 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 29 August 2012 - 10:08 PM

I like my team. Had first overall pick.

FUZZY DUNLOP
1 Aaron Rodgers, GB QB
24 Fred Jackson, Buf RB
25 Marshawn Lynch, Sea RB
48 Percy Harvin, Min WR
49 Brandon Lloyd, NE WR
72 C.J. Spiller, Buf RB
73 Pierre Garcon, Wsh WR
96 Nate Washington, Ten WR
97 Ryan Williams, Ari RB
120 Lance Moore, NO WR
121 Greg Olsen, Car TE
144 Taiwan Jones, Oak RB
145 Josh Freeman, TB QB
168 Eagles D/ST D/ST
169 Stephen Gostkowski, NE K
192 Danny Amendola, StL WR

I really wanted Torrey Smith at 72 (and then CJ Spiller at 73) but Chris Bacon took him the pick immediately before mine. I'd be pretty much in love with my team if I had been able to get him there. I reached a tiny bit on Spiller, but purposefully because I have Jackson. I'm really high on both Washington and Moore this year (have at least one of them on each of my 3 teams). Also high on Harvin and Lloyd as my starting WRs.

My biggest concern is I'm pretty lumped up with my bye weeks, so I'll either need to make some trades/FA pickups or could be in for a rough time in weeks 9-11. I've found that bunching isn't as major of a problem if it's late in the year, since there is so much turnover.

Lynch and Harvin are really important to you. You get 25 points a week from Rodgers, so that's nice.

#80 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,355 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 10:08 PM

Very strong team Mac. I really like your WR's, especially considering where you took them. Other than TE and backup QB, you're looking really good.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=