649 replies to this topic

#81 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,361 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 10:12 PM

Lynch and Harvin are really important to you. You get 25 points a week from Rodgers, so that's nice.

Yeah Jackson and Lynch were kind of flashes in the pan so it's not a guarantee they stay as top level talent. I like both, though.

And I feel similarly, but lower down, about both Harvin and Lloyd. Neither jumps to the front of your mind as huge impact WR, but I think both could be major studs this year. Harvin gets tons of touches, including carries and kick/punt returns. Lloyd had an amazing season under McDaniels with Denver, and now you add in Brady to the mix. He could just be a fringey WR#2, or he could be one of the better WR#1's.

I hate when I feel confident in my team, as it usually leads to embarrassing ruin. We'll see what happens. I've never gone into the season with a true stud QB in any of my fantasy leagues, so having Rodgers will be a big change (and I've got Brady and Stafford in my two other leagues).

#82 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 29 August 2012 - 10:12 PM

QB: Manning, Luck
RB: C Johnson, Turner, Helu, Dwyer, Thomas, Pead
WR: Jennings, Austin, Holmes, Michael Floyd
TE: Hernandez, Pitta
Def: Hou
K: Hartley

I think Dwyer ends up Pitts starter. Need Peyton and Austin to stay healthy.

#83 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 29 August 2012 - 10:13 PM

Yeah Jackson and Lynch were kind of flashes in the pan so it's not a guarantee they stay as top level talent. I like both, though.

And I feel similarly, but lower down, about both Harvin and Lloyd. Neither jumps to the front of your mind as huge impact WR, but I think both could be major studs this year. Harvin gets tons of touches, including carries and kick/punt returns. Lloyd had an amazing season under McDaniels with Denver, and now you add in Brady to the mix. He could just be a fringey WR#2, or he could be one of the better WR#1's.

I hate when I feel confident in my team, as it usually leads to embarrassing ruin. We'll see what happens. I've never gone into the season with a true stud QB in any of my fantasy leagues, so having Rodgers will be a big change (and I've got Brady and Stafford in my two other leagues).

Lloyd will be fine. I worry about Harvins health and if Ponder is good enough. Still, good value where you got him.

You took Moore before me...like the Ryan Williams pick.

#84 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,361 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 10:15 PM

Very strong team Mac. I really like your WR's, especially considering where you took them. Other than TE and backup QB, you're looking really good.

Yeah I made a decision before any of my drafts that if I couldn't get Gronk or Graham, I would be one of the last teams to take a TE. Not that there won't be a couple guys to step up as clear #3-5 TEs in the league, but I've got no idea which guys it'll be out of the next 7 or 8 guys.

And as to the backup QB, I avoided it because I've got Rodgers. If he goes down, I'm pretty screwed anyways, so I figured it wasn't a major priority. Just gotta hope he doesn't get any minor injuries where he misses one or two games. Rodgers isn't really any more prone to that than anyone else, IMO, so it'll just be if he can avoid some random minor injury.

#85 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,373 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 29 August 2012 - 10:15 PM

** (8) Team allstar1579 - Calvin Johnson WR
** (17) Team allstar1579 - Jamaal Charles RB
** (32) Team allstar1579 - Frank Gore RB
** (41) Team allstar1579 - Ahmad Bradshaw RB
** (56) Team allstar1579 - Matt Ryan QB
** (65) Team allstar1579 - Eric Decker WR
** (80) Team allstar1579 - Tony Gonzalez TE
** (89) Team allstar1579 - Reggie Wayne WR
** (104) Team allstar1579 - Jay Cutler QB
** (113) Team allstar1579 - Denarius Moore WR
** (128) Team allstar1579 - LeGarrette Blount RB
** (152) Team allstar1579 - Kellen Winslow TE
** (161) Team allstar1579 - Mason Crosby K
** (176) Team allstar1579 - Bills D/ST D/ST
** (185) Team allstar1579 - Mario Manningham WR
@JeremyMStrain

#86 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,226 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 29 August 2012 - 10:16 PM

Who is team blank and who is Bacon???

Bacon is me.

QB: Rivers
WR: Andre Johnson, Wes Welker
RB: Arian Foster, Reggae Bush
W/R: The Law Firm
TE: Tamme
K: Akers
DEF: Chicago
Bench: Ryan Fitzpatrick, Torrey Smith, Isaac Redman, Sidney Rice, Mike Tolbert, Greg Little, Brian Quick

#87 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,294 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 29 August 2012 - 10:16 PM

I agree with Brandon about Team blank (who is this btw?). I'm a little confused how anyone can end up with that bad of a QB duo, but otherwise the team is very strong.

#88 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 29 August 2012 - 10:17 PM

Jamaal is your big key.

#89 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 29 August 2012 - 10:20 PM

I agree with Brandon about Team blank (who is this btw?). I'm a little confused how anyone can end up with that bad of a QB duo, but otherwise the team is very strong.

I like that them a lot more if Britt comes back strong.

#90 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,226 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 29 August 2012 - 10:21 PM

Really interested to see if Blount is the starter in TB. IF he is and produces, you could probably swap him or your other RBs to upgrade at WR. I know a lot of people love him this year, but I'm just not sold on Decker. Otherwise, strong team. You'll be able to play matchups for your QB tandem. Both will put up good numbers.

#91 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 29 August 2012 - 10:23 PM

Really interested to see if Blount is the starter in TB. IF he is and produces, you could probably swap him or your other RBs to upgrade at WR. I know a lot of people love him this year, but I'm just not sold on Decker. Otherwise, strong team. You'll be able to play matchups for your QB tandem. Both will put up good numbers.

Cutler is the better fantasy QB.

#92 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,294 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 10:24 PM

As for SG's team, I'm pretty down on Peyton, so it's hard for me to be high on the team. I question picking Chris Johnson over Calvin even though I do expect a comeback for the former, I question taking Jennings over Gronk, and I really question taking Austin over Cruz. But I was very happy with the latter two decisions. :D

My boy Helu could be great if he's actually given the playing time.

#93 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,361 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 10:26 PM

Yeah outside of QB, a major weakness, and Beanie Wells (who I just personally dislike and is a major reason I picked Ryan Williams) I really like that team. If one of those guys could sneak into the top 10-15 range, then he'll be ok.

I think Bacon is really solid, Andre Johnson is the key player on his squad.

A couple other teams I really like, and the other ones don't have anything wrong with them, just they drafted guys that I'm not particularly high on, not necessarily are bad picks.

Only one team who's roster I don't like overall. Sorry, DJ. On the upside, I think I just pretty much guaranteed you beat me during our match-up!

#94 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 10:30 PM

Other than Vick, what would you have done after the first 4 rounds, or I guess 6 rounds?

I think there's a reasonable chance that one of Williams, Tate, or Jones can end up starting due to injury or just they can each pick up occasional starts and all of those guys are quite good if starting, especially Tate. Or like I said, I may be able to add a RB by dealing one of the QB's or possibly Davis.

Vick was the biggest mistake IMO. Ridley, Willis , or a Vincent Jackson would have been nice there.

Otherwise Im nitpicking a bit. I like say, Benson and Ingram over Williams or Boldin/Meachem over Tate.

#95 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,294 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 10:32 PM

One of the most head scratching picks to me was Peterson at 13. He's just way too much of a risk to go that high imo.

#96 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 29 August 2012 - 10:34 PM

As for SG's team, I'm pretty down on Peyton, so it's hard for me to be high on the team. I question picking Chris Johnson over Calvin even though I do expect a comeback for the former, I question taking Jennings over Gronk, and I really question taking Austin over Cruz. But I was very happy with the latter two decisions. :D

My boy Helu could be great if he's actually given the playing time.

I could see Calvin over CJ. I have Calvin in 2 other leagues. I just expect CJ2K to have a big year this year.

I would rather have Jennings and Hernandez compared to Gronk and a guy like Harvin. I am really high on Hernandez...won't be surprised if he scores more fantasy points thn Gronk this year.

As for Austin. He was my gamble. I like him a lot and when he is healthy, he is a top 10 WR. I happen to like Austin better than Cruz but I do think Cruz is more of a sure thing because of Austins hammy.

I would have liked a better RB2 but i do think Turner should score TDs.

If Peyton is healthy, he will have a big year.

#97 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,294 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 10:35 PM

I like Adam's team quite a bit, at least the starters and Big Ben as a backup. Not much at RB after the top 2, though, not even much upside if someone gets hurt imo. Maybe Hillis can bounce back and Charles will get hurt, but I'm not high on him even if there is an injury.

#98 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 29 August 2012 - 10:36 PM

I like Adam's team quite a bit, at least the starters and Big Ben as a backup. Not much at RB after the top 2, though, not even much upside if someone gets hurt imo. Maybe Hillis can bounce back and Charles will get hurt, but I'm not high on him even if there is an injury.

Should get TDs though.

#99 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,361 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 10:38 PM

I could see Calvin over CJ. I have Calvin in 2 other leagues. I just expect CJ2K to have a big year this year.

Yeah when I had a top-7 earlier, I was interested in who you had in your top-8 that I thought was in a lower tier. Turns out it was Chris Johnson. I don't think he's a bad pick there by any stretch, and he's obviously got tons of upside, but I think Calvin Johnson has pretty much just as high of an upside and not as much risk. I had Chris Johnson as my 8th best player, so it's a very minor nit pick.

#100 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 10:39 PM

I would swallow hard and take CJ over Calvin just because of depth at WR vs RB. Im betting on a rebound by CJ. I want to emphasis swallow hard though because Calvin is a beast.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=