#121 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,365 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 03 February 2021 - 12:47 PM

I watched parts of the game against the Wizards on Sunday. They must have figured it out between then and now, because they were not good. They must be quick studies. :-P

Well their defense has been historically bad, which cost them that night, but they have figured out the offense part, as that has been historically good.

When I say historically, I mean worst and best ever in those cases. Super small sample of course, but this is not a situation where they're having difficulty meshing star pieces on offense.

#122 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,633 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 03 February 2021 - 01:11 PM

Well their defense has been historically bad, which cost them that night, but they have figured out the offense part, as that has been historically good.

When I say historically, I mean worst and best ever in those cases. Super small sample of course, but this is not a situation where they're having difficulty meshing star pieces on offense.

No, but it is hard to seeing them ever stopping anyone.  if they are going to win the East they need to score in the 130's which in the playoffs is a big ask.    I am a little biased though because I hate Harden and Irving's games.  To much "me" in their games.

@mikeghg

#123 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,365 posts

Posted 03 February 2021 - 01:19 PM

No, but it is hard to seeing them ever stopping anyone. if they are going to win the East they need to score in the 130's which in the playoffs is a big ask. I am a little biased though because I hate Harden and Irving's games. To much "me" in their games.

The good news for them is defense can be improved with stronger effort much more so than offense can, which bodes well for the playoffs.

#124 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,633 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 03 February 2021 - 02:04 PM

The good news for them is defense can be improved with stronger effort much more so than offense can, which bodes well for the playoffs.

You may be right, but I am skeptical that they can become a better than decent defense.  That said, decent may be enough in the East.

@mikeghg

#125 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,365 posts

Posted 03 February 2021 - 02:25 PM

You may be right, but I am skeptical that they can become a better than decent defense. That said, decent may be enough in the East.

When you're as good as they're on offense, decent on defense is all that is needed. We'll see if they can get to decent though.

#126 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,633 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 03 February 2021 - 02:49 PM

When you're as good as they're on offense, decent on defense is all that is needed. We'll see if they can get to decent though.

I like Durant, so I will be watching more Brooklyn games, than I should. :-P

@mikeghg

#127 BSLJalonDixon

BSLJalonDixon

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 09 February 2021 - 01:16 PM

On a scale of 1-10 how much faith do you guys have in Brooklyn to turn into at least a top 20 defense? Cause I think that will be the biggest turning point for this team.
@jalonsworld

#128 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,633 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 09 February 2021 - 02:13 PM

On a scale of 1-10 how much faith do you guys have in Brooklyn to turn into at least a top 20 defense? Cause I think that will be the biggest turning point for this team.

Maybe a 4.  I don't think a team with Harden and Irving can be very good on defense.

• You Play to Win the Game likes this
@mikeghg

#129 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,145 posts

Posted 20 February 2021 - 12:26 PM

The Ringer: The Nets’ Superteam Experiment Is Working—Thanks to James Harden

#130 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,145 posts

Posted 07 March 2021 - 06:29 PM

CBS Sports: Blake Griffin expected to sign with Nets after clearing waivers, per report

https://www.cbssport...ers-per-report/

#131 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,633 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 08 March 2021 - 01:04 PM

CBS Sports: Blake Griffin expected to sign with Nets after clearing waivers, per report

https://www.cbssport...ers-per-report/

It's official.  Griffin is a Net.  1.2 M for the rest of the year.  The Nets are getting serious.

@mikeghg

#132 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,365 posts

Posted 08 March 2021 - 01:38 PM

It's official. Griffin is a Net. 1.2 M for the rest of the year. The Nets are getting serious.

Not sure if this helps or not tbh. I could see it either way as he may just be washed, but if he has something left, this is a situation to bring it out of him.

#133 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,633 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 08 March 2021 - 01:45 PM

Not sure if this helps or not tbh. I could see it either way as he may just be washed, but if he has something left, this is a situation to bring it out of him.

I think he is a 13-15 minute a game guy at this point.  But if he can be quality for those 15 minutes, he could help.

@mikeghg

#134 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,145 posts

Posted 27 March 2021 - 07:13 AM

Harden states case: I'm the MVP. That simple

#135 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,145 posts

Posted 28 March 2021 - 04:31 PM

Also going to get Aldridge. 

#136 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,145 posts

Posted 07 April 2021 - 07:02 AM

The Ringer: Brooklyn Has Turned the Regular Season Into Its Laboratory 

#137 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,145 posts

Posted 15 April 2021 - 05:23 PM

Aldridge retired... irregular heartbeat. 

#138 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,145 posts

Posted 15 April 2021 - 05:23 PM

CBS Sports: Nets built to win titles ... and yet questions remain: Here's what NBA sources say about superteam's chances

https://www.cbssport...rteams-chances/

#139 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,441 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 15 April 2021 - 06:18 PM

Aldridge retired... irregular heartbeat. 

I remember him having an issue with that very early in his tenure here in Portland. Great career, and best of health in retirement.

#140 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,145 posts

Posted 16 June 2021 - 08:50 AM

The Ringer: Kevin Durant Re-stakes His Claim As the Greatest Hooper Alive

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=