Posted 23 April 2019 - 10:13 AM

The Ringer: The Brooklyn Nets Are the New Process Team

#82 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,325 posts

Posted 29 May 2019 - 03:50 PM

The Ringer: Brooklyn Is Quietly Emerging as the Most Intriguing Anthony Davis Suitor

#83 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,325 posts

Posted 29 October 2019 - 01:13 PM

CBS Sports: Kyrie Irving's mood swings reportedly a concern for Nets, but Kevin Durant supports his style '100 percent'
https://www.cbssport...le-100-percent/

#84 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,325 posts

Posted 28 November 2019 - 09:43 AM

Irving is a hard guy to like imo.

#85 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,325 posts

Posted 17 January 2020 - 08:27 PM

CBS Sports: Nets' Kyrie Irving fires back at critics: 'You're not in our locker room -- stay the f--- out'
https://www.cbssport...stay-the-f-out/

#86 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,325 posts

Posted 06 June 2020 - 06:54 AM

KD dismisses '19-20 return: 'My season is over'

#87 KWebz

KWebz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 722 posts

Posted 06 June 2020 - 07:00 AM

KD dismisses '19-20 return: 'My season is over'

Makes sense but still a bummer for Nets fans. Obviously the Nets with any combination of KD and Kyrie would make them a much more dangerous 7th seed. 

• BSLChrisStoner likes this

#88 B00E00N00

B00E00N00

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,810 posts
  • LocationSouthern Maryland

Posted 06 June 2020 - 08:48 AM

After what happened with Golden State, Durant is understandably being careful here.  

• BSLChrisStoner likes this

#89 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,650 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 06 June 2020 - 09:05 PM

Makes sense but still a bummer for Nets fans. Obviously the Nets with any combination of KD and Kyrie would make them a much more dangerous 7th seed. 

I think Durant is doing the right thing, but can his season be over, if it never got started.

@mikeghg

#90 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,325 posts

Posted 03 September 2020 - 08:47 AM

Steve Nash named Head Coach.

#91 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,383 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 03 September 2020 - 08:56 AM

Wow, I had no idea he even wanted to coach. I know he has a good relationship with KD from their time together with the Warriors, so I assume that was a big factor.

#92 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,325 posts

Posted 03 September 2020 - 09:23 AM

There's a modern history of retired guards getting head coaching jobs without stints as assistant coaches, including Doc Rivers (Magic), Isiah Thomas (Pacers), Mark Jackson and Steve Kerr (Warriors) and Jason Kidd (Nets).

The blackest coaching pool in years: Ty Lue Ime Udoka Sam Cassell Jacque Vaughn Adrian Griffin Mark Jackson Stephen Silas Darvin Ham Jahmahl Mosley Jason Kidd Wes Unseld Jr David Vanterpool Roy Rogers Nate McMillan Alvin Gentry Mike Brown And Steve Nash got a job w/0 experience

#93 The Epic

The Epic

^^ That's my name. Don't wear it out.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,147 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 03 September 2020 - 09:35 AM

#1: Tyler Ricky Tynes is an amazing follow. Fantastic get for The Ringer.

#2: It's definitely a headscratcher...and the biggest thing is that he'll be set up to succeed from the jump. If everyone is healthy, that's a top 3 East squad before a coach is even named, right?

#3: However, I think "Steve Nash would make a good head coach" has always been a thing. Maybe he blew them away in the interview. I wouldn't be too shocked.

#94 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,383 posts

Posted 03 September 2020 - 09:51 AM

#1: Tyler Ricky Tynes is an amazing follow. Fantastic get for The Ringer.

#2: It's definitely a headscratcher...and the biggest thing is that he'll be set up to succeed from the jump. If everyone is healthy, that's a top 3 East squad before a coach is even named, right?

#3: However, I think "Steve Nash would make a good head coach" has always been a thing. Maybe he blew them away in the interview. I wouldn't be too shocked.

I think this is all true, but what I said regarding Nash's relationship with KD was likely paramount imo.
  • The Epic likes this

#95 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,383 posts

Posted 03 September 2020 - 10:16 AM

Woj
Jacque Vaughn will stay as the lead assistant and become the league’s best compensated assistant coach, sources tell ESPN.

#96 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,650 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 03 September 2020 - 12:09 PM

This feels like a players coach type thing.  I wonder how much input KD and Kyree had.

Nash was a very smart player..  Let's see if that translates.

@mikeghg

#97 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,325 posts

Posted 02 October 2020 - 08:35 AM

Kyrie...You can't say what he said and act later like that isn't a shot at Jamea.

#98 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,650 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 02 October 2020 - 09:12 AM

Kyrie...You can't say what he said and act later like that isn't a shot at Jamea.

I thought all his quotes were childish.  He definitely took a shot at James, then he says the Nets really do not have a head coach.  If I am Nash, I am questioning the wisdom of taking the Net's job.

@mikeghg

#99 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,380 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 02 October 2020 - 10:36 AM

This feels like a players coach type thing. I wonder how much input KD and Kyree had.

Nash was a very smart player.. Let's see if that translates.

Yeah one of the most successful traits of coaches seems to be good playmaking point guards. Makes sense since they drive the offense and are constantly evaluating I guess.

If I were going to look at recent players to give a coaching job to, he’d be on the list.

I’m surprised Stockton never got into it but I’ve heard he’s a little reclusive.
@JeremyMStrain

#100 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,650 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 02 October 2020 - 11:25 AM

Yeah one of the most successful traits of coaches seems to be good playmaking point guards. Makes sense since they drive the offense and are constantly evaluating I guess.

If I were going to look at recent players to give a coaching job to, he’d be on the list.

I’m surprised Stockton never got into it but I’ve heard he’s a little reclusive.

Stockton seemed to spend a lot of time with his kids after playing.  He was always at his sons games.  Good for him.

I think Nash has his hands full.  It seems like Kyrie and to a lesser extent KD, thinjk they are going to call the shots a lot like LBJ does in LA.

@mikeghg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=