75 replies to this topic

#41 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 08:54 PM

And tell me again how ZB isn't similar to Jim Johnson. Johnson had better numbers in '13 than Britton in '17. They'll hold onto Zach and pay him 13-14 mil next year but it's to save face for not trading him at the deadline.

#42 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 12 September 2017 - 08:57 PM

One of the dumbest things this organization has done is not trade Britton last offseason.

The inability to cash in on value at that level is going to haunt them.

#43 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,563 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 08:58 PM

Super excited for next year!!!!
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#44 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 08:59 PM

One of the dumbest things this organization has done is not trade Britton last offseason.

The inability to cash in on value at that level is going to haunt them.

Easy to say in hindsight. They still should have taken the best deal at the deadline though. That's where you bash PA. DDDD is horrible at his job but there is no doubt in my mind he wouldve traded him at the break if it were up to him.

#45 CA-ORIOLE

CA-ORIOLE

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,323 posts
  • LocationSOCAL

Posted 12 September 2017 - 09:01 PM

Does this mean Buck isn't gong to win Manger of the Year? 

• Mike in STL likes this

#46 CA-ORIOLE

CA-ORIOLE

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,323 posts
  • LocationSOCAL

Posted 12 September 2017 - 09:03 PM

Seriously, can we play Hays (an Sisco) now. 

#47 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 09:06 PM

If Buck doesn't think they deserve to be on the roster then he shouldn't play them much. It's may be DDDD job to put them on the roster, it's Bucks job to decide if they're ready and deserve to play. BTW I have nothing against Hays or Sisco but you cant force a manager to take on extra players in the clubhouse of a contending team if he doesn't want them.

#48 CA-ORIOLE

CA-ORIOLE

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,323 posts
  • LocationSOCAL

Posted 12 September 2017 - 09:08 PM

If Buck doesn't think they deserve to be on the roster then he shouldn't play them much. It's may be DDDD job to put them on the roster, it's Bucks job to decide if they're ready and deserve to play.

Yeah and Buck has done a fine job this year with so many players overperformimg. More Trumbo and Davis will be great if Buck God deems Hays/Sisco unworthy of playing time. What was I thinking. . 

#49 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 12 September 2017 - 09:11 PM

Easy to say in hindsight. They still should have taken the best deal at the deadline though. That's where you bash PA. DDDD is horrible at his job but there is no doubt in my mind he wouldve traded him at the break if it were up to him.

even easier to say when I said it during the offseason.

No hindsight here. It was the absolute obvious move for a team that had a deep pen, the money to spend on another reliever(if you felt the need) and, of course, the need for more talent that is cheap and controlled.

#50 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 09:14 PM

Your boy is the one that gave them stupid contracts. Buck is doing the exact same thing every manager in the game would do. Keep playing the guys making 13 mil and 18 mil in the early years of their deals. There might come a point where a manager/team cuts bait but it's not when there is this much money left on a deal and the player hasn't completely bombed.

#51 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 12 September 2017 - 09:16 PM

Davis is here because of PA, not DD. Buck definitely wanted Davis here over DD as well.

#52 CA-ORIOLE

CA-ORIOLE

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,323 posts
  • LocationSOCAL

Posted 12 September 2017 - 09:19 PM

Your boy is the one that gave them stupid contracts. Buck is doing the exact same thing every manager in the game would do. Keep playing the guys making 13 mil and 18 mil in the early years of their deals. There might come a point where a manager/team cuts bait but it's not when there is this much money left on a deal and the player hasn't completely bombed.

Yeah I thought the managers job was to try and win and make the playoffs.  When winning wasn't possible then, at least,  look towards the future. Again, what was I thinking. 

#53 Cisc-O's

Cisc-O's

Back by no demand

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,096 posts
  • LocationFresh Prince of .......

Posted 12 September 2017 - 09:19 PM

Does this mean Buck isn't gong to win Manger of the Year? 

If he can find away to finish this thing out strong maybe but low blow lol. This losing streak sucks they are breaking my heart.
<p>I am pretty sure Shack is thinking of PBR.

#54 Cisc-O's

Cisc-O's

Back by no demand

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,096 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 09:20 PM

Davis is here because of PA, not DD. Buck definitely wanted Davis here over DD as well.

If DD did not want Davis here I doubt he would be here.

#55 CA-ORIOLE

CA-ORIOLE

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,323 posts
  • LocationSOCAL

Posted 12 September 2017 - 09:21 PM

Yep, thank god they didn't cave to him in Wieters.

#56 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 12 September 2017 - 09:22 PM

Lol..guess this is the first season you have paid attention to how this organization works.

And btw, I don't doubt that DD wanted Davis back but only at a certain price and that price wasn't what they paid him.
  • CA-ORIOLE likes this

#57 Cisc-O's

Cisc-O's

Back by no demand

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,096 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 09:24 PM

Lol..guess this is the first season you have paid attention to how this organization works.

Yes it's Buck and PA vs DD who PA would not let leave....

#58 CA-ORIOLE

CA-ORIOLE

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,323 posts
  • LocationSOCAL

Posted 12 September 2017 - 09:24 PM

I really don't think that's how it works ... in some cases (including this one) anyways.  

#59 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 12 September 2017 - 09:26 PM

Every single piece of evidence points to PA being the reason that davis is here.
  • CA-ORIOLE likes this

#60 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 09:26 PM

Buck wants enough talent to win. If it was Cespedes instead of Davis he wouldve been fine with it. Putting any part of a FA signing on Buck is BS. He doesn't get credit for Nelly Cruz or blame for Mark Trumbo.

And if you go to any manager in the bigs and ask him if he'd like to have back the 1B that put up the numbers Davis put up from '13-15 all of them are saying yes. Especially when it's unknown how or if it's even possible that you'll adequately replace him.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=