#41 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,538 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 06 September 2017 - 04:57 PM

One time (I was 15), while working at McDonald's, this irate lady had her panties in a bunch because there was a line and I was the only cashier. She kept angrily insisting we open another line. So I went to the office, grabbed another tray and opened the line right next to me and resumed helping the same line. Most of the customers thought it was great and were laughing. She left.

• BSLChrisStoner likes this

#42 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 06 September 2017 - 05:20 PM

I can't stand lateness. Just, can't stand it at all.

I hate you if you are always late

Yep...that's the worst.

People in general just have no respect for each other.

#43 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,538 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 06 September 2017 - 05:27 PM

I think worse than the being late part is the BS, lame excuses you usually get. That's way more insulting.

#44 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 06 September 2017 - 05:33 PM

Somewhat related to rude behavior I suppose, but it can be completely unrelated as well.

For instance, one of my biggest pet peeves is seeing people wear socks and sandals. I really hate it. There is no good reason for me hating it other than the fact that it looks freaking stupid (especially thong sandals!), but it bothers me irrationally.

Ok so I'll do this if I'm going to play b-ball, softball, or golf. I don't want to put on cleats or basketball shoes before I get to the game

#45 GabeFerguson

GabeFerguson

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,798 posts
  • LocationCity of Angels

Posted 06 September 2017 - 05:36 PM

Ok so I'll do this if I'm going to play b-ball, softball, or golf. I don't want to put on cleats or basketball shoes before I get to the game

you would

• mweb08 and McNulty like this
@gabefergy

#46 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 06 September 2017 - 05:44 PM

One time (I was 15), while working at McDonald's, this irate lady had her panties in a bunch because there was a line and I was the only cashier. She kept angrily insisting we open another line. So I went to the office, grabbed another tray and opened the line right next to me and resumed helping the same line. Most of the customers thought it was great and were laughing. She left.

My dad would do this shit all the time. Get pissy with the cashier at a fast food joint or supermarket if it was taking too long or god forbid the ice cream machine was broke. Like it's the fucking kids fault the ice cream machine is broke. Super embarrassing even as a 10 yr old kid
  • BobPhelan likes this

#47 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts
  • LocationBeautiful Bel Air, MD

Posted 06 September 2017 - 07:15 PM

My mom still jokes with me about how as a teenager whenever she wanted to make breakfast for dinner instead of something she would really have to work to cook I would give her crap about it. I love breakfast food, but I also love "lunch" food and "dinner" food, and with rare exceptions want to eat them at their appointed times.

As for custom jerseys, my ex-brother-in-law once bought me a Brian McCann jersey so I could have a jersey with my name on it without ACTUALLY having a jersey with my name on it.

One of mine is people who play loud music in public. Headphones and earbuds are cheap, so buy a pair. If you are in your home or your car with the window open, that's one thing. But if you are, say, riding down the street on your bike with a boom box strapped to the back (seriously, seen it, in Philadelphia, multiple times, like it's 19-goddamn-85), I will seriously start wishing for your spokes to meet the wrong end of a broomstick.

When someone comes up to the desk at the library and insists that, no matter how many places you check and times you tell them, they most certainly DID return their library book yesterday (It was in the book drop! No, the other one! Well check again!), and get annoyed when you ask them to double check themselves. Because the stronger their indignant attitude, and the bigger the huff when they storm off, the exponentially higher the odds are that the book will magically appear in the bookdrop overnight (or even better, returned within minutes, sheepishly, after they checked under the car seat they swore they checked under a hundred times before coming in).

• BSLChrisStoner likes this
@DJ_McCann

#48 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 06 September 2017 - 08:07 PM

This should be ok, at least for golf.

#49 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 06 September 2017 - 08:08 PM

I think worse than the being late part is the BS, lame excuses you usually get. That's way more insulting.

Which is another pet peeve...lying.

Just tell the fucking truth. Why is that so hard?

#50 Icterus galbula

Icterus galbula

Half-Member, Half-Amazing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,224 posts
  • LocationThe Big Easy

Posted 06 September 2017 - 08:35 PM

Which is another pet peeve...lying.

Just tell the fucking truth. Why is that so hard?

Thats way up there among the worst. Its not really even a "pet peeve." Its just horrible for society. I work with someone like that. For every small thing someone like that thinks they are getting one over on, they lose all long term credibility and trust.

My biggest pet peeve is gum chompers. I can't stand gum, period. Its close to a phobia for me. I shudder at the mere sight. If you want to chew gum, I'm not going to raise a scene, but please be discreet with it. 

Also, to call back, I don't like dogs licking me either. 

#51 Cisc-O's

Cisc-O's

Back by no demand

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts
  • LocationFresh Prince of .......

Posted 06 September 2017 - 08:38 PM

Speed regulators who drive the speed limit in the left lane. Fuck you if you do it. You are an asshole. First people I mess with now when on patrol.
  • MKlein76, Nigel Tufnel and RShack like this
<p>I am pretty sure Shack is thinking of PBR.

#52 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,010 posts

Posted 06 September 2017 - 09:01 PM

Cops who drive aggressively, tailgate, and speed without their lights on :)

#53 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 06 September 2017 - 09:38 PM

People who pay too much for something and when they go to sell it, try and justify what they want by what they paid.

As if it's my fault you got screwed over, didn't do your research and drastically overpaid for it. I'm not paying for your stupidity.
  • Russ and Dupin like this

#54 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 07 September 2017 - 12:32 AM

Hold steady lyrics.

Mother in law

Three others that haven't been mentioned yet.

1. When pro athletes specifically in baseball don't hustle. It's 90 goddamn feet, sometimes 180 you have to bust your ass. Even on a homer you can sprint 90 feet and crawl the rest of the way for all I care. Your not running a marathon. Not even a 40-yard dash sometimes.

2. When die hard Ravens fans, the purple camo wearing type, don't have the slightest idea how the simplest parts of the salary cap work. Like dead money. And when you explain to them that Joe Flacco costs more to cut than to keep and 50 whatever million in dead money isn't feasible and the next Tom Brady isn't quite so easy to find they don't want to hear it. And keep going on with their own narrative.

3. Self checkout at the grocery store. Besides taking away jobs, the damn thing never works. It always makes you put something in the bag. Or take something out of the bag. Or clear the belt, or it doesn't scan, then it scans it twice. Or wait for help and someone has to come over anyway. If i scan a Snickers bar and put it in my pocket instead of the bag the machine breaks. If I'm getting more than 2 things I don't use them. And I never use them if I have produce.
@BSLMikeRandall

#55 McNulty

McNulty

la cerveza está muy fría

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,670 posts
  • LocationBS

Posted 07 September 2017 - 06:57 AM

I agree about self checkout but it should be MANDATORY that all CVS type places have it.  Coupon clippers for one, but mostly so you can buy some really embarrassing medicine/condoms and not have to interact with a human.

@fuzydunlop

#56 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 07 September 2017 - 06:59 AM

I always use self checkout even though I agree they are a pain in the ass.

The problem with regular checkout is the cashiers have no idea how to bag groceries.

I will get 15 things and get it in 7 bags. No matter whether I tell them to bag heavy or not, they always fuck it up.
  • BobPhelan likes this

#57 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,010 posts

Posted 07 September 2017 - 07:06 AM

I like self check-out, but it seems like they do zero pre-release testing.  Every time there is an upgrade to the scanners, it ends up taking way more time until they figure out the bugs and fix them so it gets back to as quick as the previous system.  They also seem to change things up as soon as the bulk of the self check-out population finally figures out how to use them.  And they should have a sign that if it's your first time using self check-out, to have the one employee manning all the stations to walk you through it.  I feel like most of the customer error is inexperience.

#58 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,538 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 07 September 2017 - 07:18 AM

I don't know... a pet peeve of mine is when the self checkout lanes are disabled and there are only 2 or 3 lanes open, and they all have crazy cat lady with 100 cans of food and an incompetent cashier scanning them 1 cup at a time. Self checkout is definitely the way to go, and if you're patient enough to follow the instructions, there usually aren't errors, at least in mu experiences. Wegman's is great because they always have an employee or two at self checkout to immediately resolve any issues they do arise.

#59 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 07 September 2017 - 08:29 AM

I agree about self checkout but it should be MANDATORY that all CVS type places have it.  Coupon clippers for one, but mostly so you can buy some really embarrassing medicine/condoms and not have to interact with a human.

They laugh at you when you buy the extra small condoms? How rude. :)

Anyone remember the first time they ever bought a pack of condoms? I probably lollygaged around Rite-Aid for about 2 hours hoping to god no one would see young me looking at the shelf, and scared to death to carry them up to counter. I ended up getting a magazine to hide them under and placed it on top of the box at the checkout. 

@BSLMikeRandall

#60 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,538 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 07 September 2017 - 08:34 AM

Amazon has been great for condom purchasing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=