#101 Matt

Matt

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,571 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 02:29 PM

Chip Kelly's warp speed attack doesn't look so revolutionary anymore in the NFL

I just love how these articles are only posted when they do bad. When they put up more points against Tampa than New England and New Orleans did nobody said a word. Like Chris said they are still 3rd in total offense and 1st in rushing offense.

#102 Markus

Markus

The Great Cornholio

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,363 posts
  • LocationIn-N-Out Sucks, CA

Posted 21 October 2013 - 03:26 PM

I just like posting 'em b/c like it was pointed out in the article the hype around this team/offense was borderline-preposterous.  Well, that and I just hate the Eagles.  Sure they're without Vick or Maclin or whomever but they're still under .500.   And their 3 wins are against teams that have 2 wins, total, on the year.

And like the story mentioned they were only 9th in the league in plays run.  After week 1 and the 50-some-odd plays in the 1st half against the 'Skins (who gave 'em the ball like 4 extra times) everyone was in first class cabin on the Chip Kelly train.  I'm not saying that once he's able to fully implement his system and get all of his "type" of people in there his offense won't be Oregon-esque.  I just thought, and think, the hype about this offense after 1 game or 3 games or whatever was a bit, "preposterous."   I'd like to see a full year or 2 before declaring this offense the next "big thing" in the nfl.

Lemme get two claps and a Ric Flair

#103 Matt

Matt

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,571 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 07:30 PM

I just like posting 'em b/c like it was pointed out in the article the hype around this team/offense was borderline-preposterous.  Well, that and I just hate the Eagles.  Sure they're without Vick or Maclin or whomever but they're still under .500.   And their 3 wins are against teams that have 2 wins, total, on the year.

And like the story mentioned they were only 9th in the league in plays run.  After week 1 and the 50-some-odd plays in the 1st half against the 'Skins (who gave 'em the ball like 4 extra times) everyone was in first class cabin on the Chip Kelly train.  I'm not saying that once he's able to fully implement his system and get all of his "type" of people in there his offense won't be Oregon-esque.  I just thought, and think, the hype about this offense after 1 game or 3 games or whatever was a bit, "preposterous."   I'd like to see a full year or 2 before declaring this offense the next "big thing" in the nfl.

I don't see what their record has to do with anyone that expected this offense to be great. Everyone knew their defense would be atrocious and I don't know one person who thought they would even have a .500 season.

#104 Markus

Markus

The Great Cornholio

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,363 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 07:45 PM

The offense isn't "great," imo, though, despite how hyped it was in the offseason and during/after week 1.

Plus the Broncos have a pretty bad defense but they still have a good record. Just as a counter point.

#105 Matt

Matt

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,571 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 08:34 PM

They have pretty much the same skill position players as Philly did last year and they were 15th in yards per game and 29th in points last season. How have they not lived up to the hype? What do you want them to be #1 across the board in every single offensive statistic?

I know a lot of people watched week 1 and were all "OMG CHIP KELLY" but most level headed NFL fans expected an above average running attack that put up points. That is exactly what they are doing.

#106 Markus

Markus

The Great Cornholio

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,363 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 08:37 PM

They have pretty much the same skill position players as Philly did last year and they were 15th in yards per game and 29th in points last season. How have they not lived up to the hype? What do you want them to be #1 across the board in every single offensive statistic?

I know a lot of people watched week 1 and were all "OMG CHIP KELLY" but most level headed NFL fans expected an above average running attack that put up points. That is exactly what they are doing.

Again, fair enough.  I guess my point of contention is the media-hype that surrounded the team/offense at the beginning of the year.  That seems to have trailed off lately.  But whatever.

#107 Matt

Matt

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,571 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 11:23 PM

Again, fair enough.  I guess my point of contention is the media-hype that surrounded the team/offense at the beginning of the year.  That seems to have trailed off lately.  But whatever.

I agree you're right about the media. Don't hear too much about them anymore.

#108 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,145 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 12:40 PM

Another huge game for McCoy yesterday, and another huge year for him in-general.

I don't think the Eagles can win the NFC, but I do think they are capable of 1 upset in the Playoffs.

#109 Matt

Matt

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,571 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 01:17 PM

Boy, that offense sure is a gimmick.

#110 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,145 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 11:13 AM

Have won 3 of 4, and 6 of 7.  Still not a lot of people talking about them, mainly I think due to the strength of the NFC as a whole... and people also not believing in Foles.

#111 Matt

Matt

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,571 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 04:09 PM

Have won 3 of 4, and 6 of 7. Still not a lot of people talking about them, mainly I think due to the strength of the NFC as a whole... and people also not believing in Foles.

The people who were convinced Kelly's style wouldn't work in the NFL don't want to admit they were wrong.

#112 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 26 February 2014 - 11:58 PM

CBS SportsReport: WR Riley Cooper close to new deal with Eagles

Cooper is set to become a free agent on March 11, but it's not likely that will happen. Cooper's representatives have been negotiating with the Eagles and a multi-year contract is expected to be announced in the 'next few days,' according to the Inquirer.

@levineps

#113 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,145 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 11:16 AM

Sports on Earth: GM for a Day
http://www.sportsone...roken-secondary

#114 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,145 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 09:23 AM

Sproles on the Eagles should make that offense even more dynamic.

#115 Dupin

Dupin

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,316 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 01:55 PM

Sproles on the Eagles should make that offense even more dynamic.

Perfect spell for McCoy. Excellent fit of player and system.

#116 SammyBirdland

SammyBirdland

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,019 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 01:59 PM

Is Bryce Brown staying?  If so, that's some three-headed monster.

¡Hasta la vista, pelota!

#117 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,234 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 28 March 2014 - 11:46 AM

@Eagles: After careful consideration this offseason, Eagles decide to part ways with DeSean Jackson. The team informed him of his release today.

Ties with gang.

#118 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,477 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 28 March 2014 - 11:47 AM

This is out of left field. I thought earlier this week they were closing in on an extension.

#119 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 28 March 2014 - 11:48 AM

Yea..like Aaron Wilson said, they are probably worried about a potential Aaron Hernandez situation.

#120 SammyBirdland

SammyBirdland

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,019 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 11:48 AM

I had been reading that Chip Kelly doesn't like his attitude.

¡Hasta la vista, pelota!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=