399 replies to this topic

#81 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 11:01 PM

Here's a good piece by Barnwell on Chip's offense and the Skins game: http://www.grantland...p-kelly-offense

I don't know why youre so far up Barnwell's ass. He's not good at all 

Anyway, the problem with Philly will eventually be the inconsistency and mistake prone nature of Vick.

#82 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,356 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 12 September 2013 - 11:05 PM

Here's a good piece by Barnwell on Chip's offense and the Skins game: http://www.grantland...p-kelly-offense

I don't know why youre so far up Barnwell's ass. He's not good at all 

Anyway, the problem with Philly will eventually be the inconsistency and mistake prone nature of Vick.

So arbitrator of football journalism, tell me who's good?
  • You Play to Win the Game likes this

#83 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 11:21 PM

I read most of Barnwell's stuff and like more stuff from Grantland than dislike. He's more miss than hit, but you hang on every word he writes like it's gold.

As far as national media stuff goes  a lot  of them are horrible. Guys like Peter King and Prisco are even worse than Barnwell. .

#84 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,356 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 11:24 PM

I read most of Barnwell's stuff and like more stuff from Grantland than dislike. He's more miss than hit, but you hang on every word he writes like it's gold.

As far as national media stuff goes  a lot  of them are horrible. Guys like Peter King and Prisco are even worse than Barnwell. .

Umm, how do you know if I hang on every word like it's gold? Slight exaggeration.

So who is good. Give me some guys to read that are better than Barnwell.

#85 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,465 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 12 September 2013 - 11:25 PM

Umm, how do you know if I hang on every word like it's gold? Slight exaggeration.

BNickle - baltimoresportsandlife.com

Also, duh.

#86 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,356 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 11:29 PM

Well yes, that goes without saying.

#87 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 11:30 PM

Lets not hijack the thread.

#88 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,356 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 11:33 PM

Lets not hijack the thread.

Typing a few names for me to check out isn't hijacking the thread.

#89 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,465 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 12 September 2013 - 11:34 PM

Typing a few names for me to check out isn't hijacking the thread.

Especially since it was him who brought up your alleged boner for Barnwell. C'Mon BNick, give the man some names.

• mweb08 likes this

#90 Matt

Matt

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,571 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 11:37 PM

Don't really agree with some of that, especially about the 2nd half. Chip Kelly has NEVER been one to pull back on an offense, and he wouldn't pass up his first chance to do so in the NFL, he would have made a statement and scored 100 if he could.

The defense was finally getting some rest and was catching up to the offense, and catching on to how it was run. It's funny he shows that play of Vick running since that's the one he got hurt on, and it took away much of their read option power since he couldn't run as fast. (Kinda like Grif in the first half) Then WAS started keying in more on McCoy and worried less about the deep pass (did they throw the ball more than 10 yards in the air all night?)

They were clearly not rushing to call plays. I don't see how you can think otherwise. They went from calling plays with 15-20 seconds left on the clock to consistently calling plays with under 10 seconds on the clock. It's the NFL not college. Chip Kelly is smart enough to realize that.

• mweb08 likes this

#91 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,377 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 13 September 2013 - 07:23 AM

Don't really agree with some of that, especially about the 2nd half. Chip Kelly has NEVER been one to pull back on an offense, and he wouldn't pass up his first chance to do so in the NFL, he would have made a statement and scored 100 if he could.

The defense was finally getting some rest and was catching up to the offense, and catching on to how it was run. It's funny he shows that play of Vick running since that's the one he got hurt on, and it took away much of their read option power since he couldn't run as fast. (Kinda like Grif in the first half) Then WAS started keying in more on McCoy and worried less about the deep pass (did they throw the ball more than 10 yards in the air all night?)

They were clearly not rushing to call plays. I don't see how you can think otherwise. They went from calling plays with 15-20 seconds left on the clock to consistently calling plays with under 10 seconds on the clock. It's the NFL not college. Chip Kelly is smart enough to realize that.

Because like I said twice, they were too tired to keep up the pace in the 2nd half.
@JeremyMStrain

#92 Matt

Matt

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,571 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 11:59 AM

So they only called 7 pass plays in the 2nd half entirely because they were tired? It had nothing to do with a 20+ point lead?

#93 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,377 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 13 September 2013 - 12:31 PM

So they only called 7 pass plays in the 2nd half entirely because they were tired? It had nothing to do with a 20+ point lead?

Nope, that has more to do with their lack of possession in the half. 7 out of how many total plays? The game started getting much closer and they didn't change anything. Skins scored 20 unanswered points and at anytime in that stretch if they could have gone back to dominating on offense to keep the ball away from WAS they would have, but they didn't. Watch them play a couple more games and I bet it will be more of the same.

@JeremyMStrain

#94 Matt

Matt

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,571 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 12:39 PM

Nope, that has more to do with their lack of possession in the half. 7 out of how many total plays? The game started getting much closer and they didn't change anything. Skins scored 20 unanswered points and at anytime in that stretch if they could have gone back to dominating on offense to keep the ball away from WAS they would have, but they didn't. Watch them play a couple more games and I bet it will be more of the same.

We'll see. Seemed to me like they slowed down on purpose but time will tell.

#95 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,027 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 08:36 AM

SB Nation: Problems with Chip Kelly's offense
http://www.sbnation....ip-kelly-eagles

#96 Markus

Markus

The Great Cornholio

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,363 posts
  • LocationIn-N-Out Sucks, CA

Posted 29 September 2013 - 11:54 PM

Boy, quiet thread at the moment :)

Lemme get two claps and a Ric Flair

#97 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,027 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 08:37 AM

Boy, quiet thread at the moment :)

I didn't think their defense would be quite this horrible. The D-line needs a lot of help.

The offense misses having Maclin on the other side.

#98 Matt

Matt

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,571 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 02:59 PM

http://www.teamranki...hdowns-per-game

As of today they are tied for 2nd in offensive touchdowns per game.

#99 Markus

Markus

The Great Cornholio

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,363 posts
  • LocationIn-N-Out Sucks, CA

Posted 21 October 2013 - 10:39 AM

Chip Kelly's warp speed attack doesn't look so revolutionary anymore in the NFL

An offense, hailed at the beginning of the season as transcendent, had trouble transcending midfield on Sunday, piling up three points in a 17-3 home loss to a 4-3 Cowboys team that isn't known for its defense.

It's not that Kelly's system can't work; it's that the hype was preposterous and somewhat insulting to all the coaches and coordinators who get paid to come up with an edge every single week of every season.

Lemme get two claps and a Ric Flair

#100 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,027 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 11:32 AM

Philly is 3rd in Total Offense, with the best Rushing Offense in the league.

I think what Kelly is doing is working.... they get back Maclin next year, that will help as well. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=