612 replies to this topic

#21 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 05:29 PM

The last few years??. If you want to say that about '15 that's fine but I absolutely believe they hit their middle ground last year. If you think that was a 10 win team that underachieved and or got unlucky you're high. This franchise has mediocre written all over it right now.

#22 GabeFerguson

GabeFerguson

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,798 posts
  • LocationCity of Angels

Posted 28 July 2017 - 05:34 PM

The last few years??. If you want to say that about '15 that's fine but I absolutely believe they hit their middle ground last year. If you think that was a 10 win team that underachieved and or got unlucky you're high. This franchise has mediocre written all over it right now.

The Ravens got lucky and unlucky at times last season. There was some fluky shit that happened both ways. I think they were more like a 9-10 win team last year and most statistical analyses would suggest they performed better than their record.

@gabefergy

#23 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 05:36 PM

They played a cake schedule and won 10 games. They easily would have won 12 games if they were any good. Some of you only want to make excuses for this franchise.

#24 GabeFerguson

GabeFerguson

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,798 posts
  • LocationCity of Angels

Posted 28 July 2017 - 05:40 PM

Strength of schedule is probably the most overrated aspect of W/L. There's only like 2 bad teams in the league, and even then there is far greater parity than in any other major league sport.

Travel and short weeks have more to do with W/L. 

@gabefergy

#25 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,295 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 05:48 PM

They played a cake schedule and won 10 games. They easily would have won 12 games if they were any good. Some of you only want to make excuses for this franchise.

The defense has championship potential. And our special teams unit has playoff potential. The offense however, has very little to be excited about.

#26 MKlein76

MKlein76

Sports Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts
  • LocationGlen Burnie, MD

Posted 28 July 2017 - 05:48 PM

Per Hensley: Keep an eye on: Ryan Mallett. The backup quarterback looked awful in filing in for Joe Flacco (back) with the first team on Friday. He was intercepted at least five times and was nearly picked off two more times. On his last interception, Mallett threw his white towel in the air. His struggles were noticed by linebacker Terrell Suggs. "Hey Marty [Mornhinweg, offensive coordinator], tell Mallett to throw to the guys wearing the purple jerseys [the offense]," Suggs said. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
@MKlein76

#27 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,295 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 05:50 PM

And on to some positive notes, it sounds like Judon could break out. And Humphrey is looking like a hard worker that wants to earn his 1st rounder title. Everything I've read has said he's been like glue to whomever he is covering.

#28 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 05:53 PM

The defense has championship potential. And our special teams unit has playoff potential. The offense however, has very little to be excited about.

The defense was so overrated last year. If you are talking about this year's defense we will have to wait and see. I've got pretty high expectations on paper but they have to perform on the field. The offense looks like trash on paper

#29 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 28 July 2017 - 05:56 PM

Kaep should be brought in to be the back up.

If they cut Mallett, any cap savings? (Can't look it up at the moment)

#30 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 28 July 2017 - 06:01 PM

And you only want to prey on the negative. In game threads, you only speak up when something bad happens.

You just have a dreary outlook on many things and choose to ignore a lot of positives, stats, etc...

It's fine but don't sit there and cry that people look at things a different way just because you choose to be miserable.

They were a team that could have won 10 games last year..also could have won 5 games. The NFL, more than any of the sports perhaps, has a huge luck element in it because of injuries.

I have no problem saying they win 10 games (or more) if Jimmy Smith is healthy all year.
  • Icterus galbula likes this

#31 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 28 July 2017 - 06:03 PM

And on to some positive notes, it sounds like Judon could break out. And Humphrey is looking like a hard worker that wants to earn his 1st rounder title. Everything I've read has said he's been like glue to whomever he is covering.

Zrebiec mentioned to me on twitter how young and fast the defense looks. I love the sound of that. Been too slow on defense for way too many years.

The issue, of course, is that the youth has to grow up fast. That can be a lot to ask in the NFL.

#32 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,332 posts

Posted 29 July 2017 - 10:02 AM

Per Hensley:
Keep an eye on: Ryan Mallett. The backup quarterback looked awful in filing in for Joe Flacco (back) with the first team on Friday. He was intercepted at least five times and was nearly picked off two more times. On his last interception, Mallett threw his white towel in the air. His struggles were noticed by linebacker Terrell Suggs. "Hey Marty [Mornhinweg, offensive coordinator], tell Mallett to throw to the guys wearing the purple jerseys [the offense]," Suggs said.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

CBS Sports: Ryan Mallett takes over for injured Joe Flacco in practice and has total meltdown
http://www.cbssports...total-meltdown/

#33 Icterus galbula

Icterus galbula

Half-Member, Half-Amazing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,224 posts
  • LocationThe Big Easy

Posted 29 July 2017 - 11:04 AM

Zero problem cutting him if it comes to that. His history is that of a lazy dunce. Besides beating the Steelers that one time, he is a nothing player. 

• Mike in STL likes this

#34 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 29 July 2017 - 01:05 PM

Ryan Mink:

There were some good trench battles with the pads coming on. Tim Williams, Michael Pierce and Carl Davis all impressed me. Alex Lewis too.

#35 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 29 July 2017 - 01:06 PM

Jeff Z:

Tim Williams was giving Ravens offensive tackles fits today. In 1-on-1 pass rush skills, he cleanly beat Stanley, Hurst and Nembot

#36 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 29 July 2017 - 01:07 PM

Jeff Z:

Haven't heard anything definitive on Gillmore's status. Did hear team felt it dodged a bullet where it wasn't a major injury but we'll see

#37 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,619 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 29 July 2017 - 01:07 PM

What's the record for most TEs lost to injury in a 365 day period?

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#38 Icterus galbula

Icterus galbula

Half-Member, Half-Amazing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,224 posts
  • LocationThe Big Easy

Posted 29 July 2017 - 01:16 PM

Tim Williams is a real wild-card for us. Heres hoping he makes other teams look foolish for passing on him.

• BSLChrisStoner likes this

#39 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,332 posts

Posted 29 July 2017 - 10:25 PM

Jeff Z:

Haven't heard anything definitive on Gillmore's status. Did hear team felt it dodged a bullet where it wasn't a major injury but we'll see

WBAL saying looks serious... Canady also hurt today.

#40 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,650 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 29 July 2017 - 10:38 PM

Amazing the injuries already.

Missing camp Cream Puff right about now.

• You Play to Win the Game likes this
@mikeghg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=