#41 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 29 July 2017 - 10:38 PM

WBAL saying looks serious... Canady also hurt today.

Ugh

http://www.baltimore...0729-story.html

#42 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 12:00 AM

If they ran two a days anymore this team would have to forefit the season.
  • Mike B likes this
@BSLMikeRandall

#43 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,022 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 12:23 AM

All the cap space dedicated to the IR is going to make Kaepernick and O-Line help moot discussions.

#44 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,339 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 07:42 AM

Hensley:
Best play of Ravens camp (Day 3): Breshad Perriman's deflected reception. Cornerback Jimmy Smith initially made a nice play when he jumped a route and got his hands on the ball. But it went off his hands and right to Perriman, who continues to make a good impression at training camp.

Worst play of Ravens camp (Day 3): The collision between quarterback Ryan Mallett, running back Terrance West and wide receiver Mike Wallace. The play was designed for Mallett to fake a handoff to Wallace (who was running a reverse) and give the ball to West. But all three met in the backfield at the same time, sending West and Mallett to the ground. No one was hurt, but there was plenty of head-shaking.

#45 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,339 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 07:44 AM

ESPN: Marlon Humphrey a rookie in name only at Ravens training camp

ESPN: Tim Williams puts on a pass-rush show in Ravens' first practice in pads

#46 RobHabib

RobHabib

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 10:38 AM

ESPN: Marlon Humphrey a rookie in name only at Ravens training camp

ESPN: Tim Williams puts on a pass-rush show in Ravens' first practice in pads

http://www.baltimore...b3-3f94c72b6002

Interesting listen from Dean Pees. Talks about the potential of the defense. 

I know it's early but really looking forward to watching this defense play this year. They're young, fast, and physical. Between Humphrey, Smith, and Carr they've got some big physical corners.

Great depth on the defensive line, especially if guys like Urban and Carl Davis can make a leap this year. Lets not forget about Bronson Kaufusi, Willie Henry, Mchael Pierce, Chris Wormley. Patrick Ricard is another young name to keep an eye on. Wouldn't be surprised if he made the final roster. This will be one of the most interesting battles to watch in training camp. May be a few surprising cuts. 

The linebacker group is a bit inexperienced with Kamalei Correa, Judon, Bowser, Tim Williams, Za'Darius, and Patrick Onwuasor but there is a lot of speed at this position. 

Can't wait to watch this defense take the field. 

• BSLChrisStoner and You Play to Win the Game like this

#47 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,541 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 30 July 2017 - 10:57 AM

Lol Mallett seems like he's still at the beach. What a train wreck. The injuries are so frustrating. Just not enough margin for error with this team, so I deflect the fluff pieces and scour Twitter to check out the injury scene. Seems like a decent, cheap piece falls everyday.

#48 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,339 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 09:10 PM

@jamisonhensley
Robert Griffin III is no longer in play for Ravens. Team had talked about bringing him in for a workout.

#49 JordanKough

JordanKough

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 07:33 AM

Love all the early chatter about the defense and it's nice to see Perriman doing some good work in camp. He's always gotten rave reviews in camp or at least practices though, so we need to see it on the field. To be fair to him, he really didn't get any preseason reps in the past two years, so perhaps that's worth keeping an eye on. 

Really great news that Judon seems to have slimmed down and is seemingly improving. You have to love the chatter about Williams. And Correa seems to be back into the good graces of killing it in practice. He's a guy definitely to watch in 10 days. Should see a lot of preseason reps if you ask me. Disappointing not to hear much about Bowser to this point. 

Would obviously not want to hear about Young, Dixon, Gilmore and Canady, but all in all, so far, camp has been pretty good. Correa holding down ILB, Williams flashing pass rush skills / Judon in good shape, Stanely/Lewis seem to not have significantly regressed. 

• BSLChrisStoner likes this

#50 JordanKough

JordanKough

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 07:56 AM

Also, seriously the first pre-season game is on August 10th? Sheesh. I am not ready for the NFL season right now on a whole lot of levels (life related) but it really seems to have snuck up on us. 

#51 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,022 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 09:53 AM

Kaep should be brought in to be the back up.

If they cut Mallett, any cap savings? (Can't look it up at the moment)

$1M in savings if he's cut.  He signed a 1/$2M deal that was a $1M bonus and $1M base salary.  Bonus is already paid out, so the base salary is what would be saved by cutting him.

Doubt we could sign another vet backup for just $1M at this point, so it likely would be a cap-negative move to cut Mallett and bring in someone else.  May be necessary anyways.  We'll see.

#52 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 31 July 2017 - 10:04 AM

Bisciotti getting some backlash for his comments yesterday,

#53 Cisc-O's

Cisc-O's

Back by no demand

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts
  • LocationFresh Prince of .......

Posted 31 July 2017 - 10:36 AM

Camp has passed his physical and ready to begin camp.

<p>I am pretty sure Shack is thinking of PBR.

#54 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,671 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 10:39 AM

As he should. They were just strange.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#55 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 31 July 2017 - 11:44 AM

Camp has passed his physical and ready to begin camp.

How long until he gets hurt again?

#56 JordanKough

JordanKough

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 12:52 PM

How long until he gets hurt again?

It hasn't happened yet? He's the kind of where I'd carve out his role, limit his reps in practice and unleash him during the week until it burns him out. Great returner, great 4th WR, great change of pace from the slot. Don't try and make him durable just use him for what you can get. 

#57 The Epic

The Epic

^^ That's my name. Don't wear it out.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,147 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 31 July 2017 - 10:49 PM

As he should. Ray is catching a bit of shit too...as he should. Shannon really made him talk in circles, and it was actually really sad.

I don't know why they didn't just flat-out say, "Let's see how Joe feels" and cut the shit otherwise. If you want to talk about the fact that you don't like what he did, at the least say that you understand WHY he did (which, to his credit, Ray actually did).

People want to talk about perception when it comes to Kaep, but do the Ravens brass not understand how bad those comments make them look if they DON'T sign him? In the most ironic(?) way, they could have made it about football and avoided the circus entirely, but swerved right into the fray instead.

• GabeFerguson likes this

#58 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 10:58 PM

Getting backlash for what comments specifically?? Unless I'm missing something there should be no backlash

#59 The Epic

The Epic

^^ That's my name. Don't wear it out.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,147 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 31 July 2017 - 11:12 PM

Getting backlash for what comments specifically?? Unless I'm missing something there should be no backlash

The two bigger things were 1) the omission of why, 2) saying he didn't agree with his sitting BUT AGAIN the omission of why, and 3) "pray for us". In addition, 4) noting that they talked with Ray Lewis and the hypocrisy therein, though I 100% understand that part and actually agree with Steve's actions there.

And I've been hearing about this at work, on the radio, on Undisputed, on ATH. Whether you agree with him or not, his little diatribe was seen as a net negative.

#60 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 11:29 PM

When you say why you mean why Steve didn't elaborate on his disagreement with Kaep sitting??

Biscotti or any other owner saying last year's actions are a factor are fair and it's being genuine. You'd rather an owner lie and say his actions aren't a factor in a potential signing. Kaep put himself in this position by being controversial and mediocre. Teams at every single level of every single sport weigh the benefits and drawbacks of controversial athletes. If this was 2013 he could have done what he did and he'd still have a starting gig and be making lots of $.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=