SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 28 July 2017 - 10:55 AM

More good news!! (From Jeff Z)

With about five minutes left in practice, Crockett Gillmore went down with right leg injury. Spiked his helmet. Didn't look good.

#2 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,671 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 10:56 AM

More good news!! (From Jeff Z)

With about five minutes left in practice, Crockett Gillmore went down with right leg injury. Spiked his helmet. Didn't look good.

Jesus F Christ.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#3 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 28 July 2017 - 11:07 AM

See how bad it is...Barnidge still sitting there.

Not drafting Howard could come back to haunt us.

#4 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,022 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 11:43 AM

We're gonna have to restructure some contracts to have enough space just to fill out an active roster.

#5 Cisc-O's

Cisc-O's

Back by no demand

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts
  • LocationFresh Prince of .......

Posted 28 July 2017 - 11:43 AM

Speaking of a Howard.  Raiders are letting go of Austin Howard a tackle started 39 games but is coming off an injury plagued season.

<p>I am pretty sure Shack is thinking of PBR.

#6 JordanKough

JordanKough

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 12:29 PM

Counting on production from Gilmore seems to me to be about as smart as counting on Campanaro to be healthy.

Sometimes guys just can't stay healthy, I really like Gilmore and like what he brings when he's on the field, but this isn't a big shocker to me. Nor do I expect Camp to give us anything more than a couple exciting drives in one game and then an injury and then be out for the year. 

#7 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 28 July 2017 - 12:32 PM

Counting on production from Gilmore seems to me to be about as smart as counting on Campanaro to be healthy.

Sometimes guys just can't stay healthy, I really like Gilmore and like what he brings when he's on the field, but this isn't a big shocker to me. Nor do I expect Camp to give us anything more than a couple exciting drives in one game and then an injury and then be out for the year. 

Dixon belongs in this category too.

#8 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,753 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 28 July 2017 - 12:34 PM

There's only one Crockett I ever count on and he was the king of the wild frontier...

#9 JordanKough

JordanKough

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 12:37 PM

Dixon belongs in this category too.

Jimmy Smith too.

Also this note from Hensley...

https://twitter.com/...986869508395008

Best play in Ravens' second day of camp: First-round pick Marlon Humphrey doesn't look like a rookie out on the field. He made two interceptions on Friday, including one in which he jumped in front of Breshad Perriman along the sideline for the pick. Humphrey showed great anticipation and got to the ball just as it reached Perriman.

#10 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,753 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 28 July 2017 - 12:46 PM

Jimmy Smith too.

Also this note from Hensley...

https://twitter.com/...986869508395008

Meh who threw the ball,  Mallett, the Arena league they signed,  a digital recreation of a shark.  Let me know when he jumps in front of AJ Green and picks off a ball from Andy Dalton.

• Mike in STL likes this

#11 JordanKough

JordanKough

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 12:52 PM

Meh who threw the ball,  Mallett, the Arena league they signed,  a digital recreation of a shark.  Let me know when he jumps in front of AJ Green and picks off a ball from Andy Dalton.

He's still a rookie on his second day of camp. In the same way that I don't believe the sky is falling because Joe has a tight back, Gilmore and Camp and Smith are all hurt and I do wish they were all healthy, hearing the best-looking play of the day is Humphrey picking someone off (twice) and being heralded as the top play of camp is definitely a good and positive thing. 

#12 GabeFerguson

GabeFerguson

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,798 posts
  • LocationCity of Angels

Posted 28 July 2017 - 01:07 PM

This season is going to be like 2000 in terms of offensive play. Can the defense be good enough to win games? Limit teams under 15 point per game and count on Tucker to nail 50 FGs?

Kind of an aside,  but I am going to draft Tucker in like round 8 of every fantasy league I am in. This team is not going to score TDs but they should get great field position quite often.

@gabefergy

#13 JordanKough

JordanKough

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 01:19 PM

This season is going to be like 2000 in terms of offensive play. Can the defense be good enough to win games? Limit teams under 15 point per game and count on Tucker to nail 50 FGs?

Kind of an aside,  but I am going to draft Tucker in like round 8 of every fantasy league I am in. This team is not going to score TDs but they should get great field position quite often.

You say that, but last year, and our offense was pretty bad (I think we all agree), they were handed what, at least 3 games the defense gave the games right back? 

Oakland we got up 27-21 with 3:36 left. 

NYG up 23-20 2:04 left

Steelers up 20-17 with 11:41 left and 27-24 with 1:18 left. 

Joe was Joe in those games and go us leads all in the last 4 minutes of the game. We just blew those games on the other side. 

Not to mention having leads in the Jets and Redskins game (Mosely fumble...oh my) and not being able to hold onto those.

#14 GabeFerguson

GabeFerguson

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,798 posts
  • LocationCity of Angels

Posted 28 July 2017 - 01:48 PM

You say that, but last year, and our offense was pretty bad (I think we all agree), they were handed what, at least 3 games the defense gave the games right back? 

Oakland we got up 27-21 with 3:36 left. 

NYG up 23-20 2:04 left

Steelers up 20-17 with 11:41 left and 27-24 with 1:18 left. 

Joe was Joe in those games and go us leads all in the last 4 minutes of the game. We just blew those games on the other side. 

Not to mention having leads in the Jets and Redskins game (Mosely fumble...oh my) and not being able to hold onto those.

Last year was last year. Both the offense and defense have undergone pretty significant changes.

@gabefergy

#15 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,671 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 02:45 PM

And at some point, the bounces that have gone against us, will start to go in our favor. Especially if they remain in close games.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#16 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,541 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 28 July 2017 - 02:48 PM

They already did. See the 2012 SB run.

#17 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 04:40 PM

They already did. See the 2012 SB run.

Yeah and not just the Den game.

#18 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 28 July 2017 - 04:47 PM

Every team in sports history that has won a title has had the ball bounce their way. Luck is a huge part of winning...ALWAYS

#19 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 05:23 PM

Same for the opposite. Things never go perfect either. There is always some adversity

#20 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 28 July 2017 - 05:26 PM

Same for the opposite. Things never go perfect either. There is always some adversity

Of course. That's why I have said the Ravens haven't been as bad as the record showed the last few years.

Most pro sports teams enter the season as a 500 level team...luck sways them one way or another. The NBA is an exception to this, as are teams that are tanking but generally speaking, the talent differences aren't huge from team to team...health and luck are major differences.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=