#6261 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,401 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 14 October 2022 - 07:20 AM

You're right that you didn't say it's a mistake that can't be made, that was an impression I got but wasn't explicitly said, so sure that was unfair.

I know your experience wasn't really directed at anyone in particular, it just seemed to me that 2035 didn't really do anything all that different than what you were saying. Words were said that shouldn't be, he has acknowledged he was wrong and it shouldn't be said. Well, written not said, which yes is easier to get right, but mistakes can still be made. I don't know him but I've never gotten the impression he's one of those defiant DBs that refuse to change their terminology. The follow up posts seemed more like they were addressing that kind of guy, that's all.

Yeah, those posts were addressing that kinds of guy plus those that aren't defiant but don't really care. So yeah, that part of your prior post didn't mesh with that.

#6262 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,312 posts

Posted 16 October 2022 - 02:55 AM

I have a question about Fedex Field Parking. I'm going to the Packers game next weekend. Any suggestions from anyone on where to park? I have only been to that stadium for work events and have not had to deal with any crowds.
<p>"F IT!, Let's hit." Ted Williams

#6263 Steve55

Steve55

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,899 posts

Posted 16 October 2022 - 06:17 AM

I have a question about Fedex Field Parking. I'm going to the Packers game next weekend. Any suggestions from anyone on where to park? I have only been to that stadium for work events and have not had to deal with any crowds.

I've heard its terrible to park there. Hours to get off the lot. There is a Metro stop about a mile away, don't know how crowded it gets. With the Packers in town there will be plenty of GB fans that will fill the place up.

#6264 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,312 posts

Posted 16 October 2022 - 08:33 AM

I've heard its terrible to park there. Hours to get off the lot. There is a Metro stop about a mile away, don't know how crowded it gets. With the Packers in town there will be plenty of GB fans that will fill the place up.

Thanks.

I think I'll check into the Metro spot. I believe You're referring to the Greenbelt stop.

#6265 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,745 posts

Posted 17 October 2022 - 07:27 AM

Good luck and don't expect to get home until four hours after the game ends.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#6266 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,745 posts

Posted 17 October 2022 - 07:29 AM

Thanks.

I think I'll check into the Metro spot. I believe You're referring to the Greenbelt stop.

It's Largo Town Center and Morgan Ave stations are about equal-distant from the stadium. However, Largo is the terminus so you could just park there and walk over. I considered doing that for a concert over the summer but decided to Uber in and out from the Laurel MARC station which was fine getting to the concert but it took 2.5 hours to find a ride back and was lucky to even find one. Didn't get home until 2 AM.

That stadium is a nightmare all the way around.

• russsnyder likes this
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#6267 Old Man

Old Man

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 17 October 2022 - 08:19 AM

Parking is expensive, but most NFL teams do the same.

I was just at the Titans game, left immediately when the game was over. Most of the fans did stick around, as they still had a chance. I was in the green lot. Exiting the parking lot, wasnt too much, took about 20 minute from my parking spot to I-95.

• russsnyder likes this

#6268 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,978 posts

Posted 17 October 2022 - 08:32 AM

Thanks.

Greenbelt is like 20 miles away.  Morgan Blvd or Largo Town Center are the closest stops.

#6269 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,504 posts

Posted 18 October 2022 - 08:23 AM

#6270 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,550 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 18 October 2022 - 04:01 PM

Albert Breer

Colts owner Jim Irsay on Dan Snyder: “I believe there is merit to removing him as owner of the (Commanders).”

Irsay said he doesn’t care if Snyder might have dirt on other owners. “He can investigate me till the cows come home, it’s not going to back me off.”

I never would have imagined I'd have something positive to post about someone named Irsay. Though deeds will mean more than words.

#6271 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,479 posts

Posted 18 October 2022 - 04:15 PM

And Breer put Commanders in () because Irsay used the other word, seemed appropriate to point out given the recent discussion in this thread.

#6272 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,550 posts

Posted 18 October 2022 - 04:17 PM

And Breer put Commanders in () because Irsay used the other word, seemed appropriate to point out given the recent discussion in this thread.

It was probably your typical drunken Irsay rant (insert whichever first name you choose) and he won't remember any of it tomorrow.

#6273 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,550 posts

Posted 18 October 2022 - 04:40 PM

https://twitter.com/...484143665213440

#6274 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,550 posts

Posted 18 October 2022 - 04:41 PM

1ySa.gif

#6275 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,312 posts

Posted 18 October 2022 - 05:30 PM

It's Largo Town Center and Morgan Ave stations are about equal-distant from the stadium. However, Largo is the terminus so you could just park there and walk over. I considered doing that for a concert over the summer but decided to Uber in and out from the Laurel MARC station which was fine getting to the concert but it took 2.5 hours to find a ride back and was lucky to even find one. Didn't get home until 2 AM.

That stadium is a nightmare all the way around.

Thanks Sean.

I'm not really looking forward to it.

A customer of mine invited me and it would be rude for me to say no. I bought him two tickets to a Ravens game last year.

#6276 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,312 posts

Posted 18 October 2022 - 05:32 PM

Greenbelt is like 20 miles away. Morgan Blvd or Largo Town Center are the closest stops.

Thanks.

I was confused.

I used the Greenbelt stop to go to a Nationals game a while back and it stuck with me for some reason.

#6277 Old Man

Old Man

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 19 October 2022 - 07:35 AM

I never would have imagined I'd have something positive to post about someone named Irsay. Though deeds will mean more than words.

I thought Daddy Irsay was the evil one?

#6278 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,312 posts

Posted 24 October 2022 - 02:06 AM

It was a pretty good game day experience. My customer gave me a parkimg pass for one of the Orange lots. I stayed for the entire game and was on the road within 30 minutes of reaching my vehicle. The game was excellent.
  • You Play to Win the Game and NewMarketSean like this

#6279 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,401 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 02 November 2022 - 10:14 AM

Apparently Danny Boy is selling!

At least according to Forbes.
https://twitter.com/...9ear2pX3CSYWbuA
  • BSLChrisStoner and Nigel Tufnel like this

#6280 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,504 posts

Posted 02 November 2022 - 10:19 AM

Apparently Danny Boy is selling!

At least according to Forbes.
https://twitter.com/...9ear2pX3CSYWbuA

That's good news for Washington fans and the NFL as a whole.  Washington had a proud history and passioned fans.  Horrible seeing a fanbase become apathetic due to the owners incompetence. 

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=