318 replies to this topic

#41 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,717 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 03:53 PM

Only Y3 for Gurley. 

4.8 ypc as a rookie... 3.2 last year.  (Receptions doubled though.)

Rams passing offense should be better this year... (almost has to be). That will help pull defenders from the box some you'd think. 

Don't know what their line looks like though.

#42 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,717 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 05:06 PM

Sports on Earth: Fantasy Football Draft Cheat Sheet

#43 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,686 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 16 August 2017 - 06:37 AM

So about that auction draft ESPN aired yesterday....

• The Epic likes this

#44 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,229 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 22 August 2017 - 10:14 AM

Had my draft this weekend, 7th overall.

1. (7) LeSean McCoy (Buf - RB)

2. (18) Michael Thomas (NO - WR)

3. (31) Drew Brees (NO - QB)

4. (42) Joe Mixon (Cin - RB)

5. (55) Jimmy Graham (Sea - TE)

6. (66) Tevin Coleman (Atl - RB)

7. (79) Pierre Garcon (SF - WR)

8. (90) Theo Riddick (Det - RB)

9. (103) Randall Cobb (GB - WR)

10. (114) Corey Davis (Ten - WR)

11. (127) Jamaal Williams (GB - RB)

12. (138) Philip Rivers (LAC - QB)

13. (151) Houston (Hou - DEF)

14. (162) Kevin White (Chi - WR)

15. (175) James Conner (Pit - RB)

16. (186) Adam Vinatieri (Ind - K)

I loved getting the Brees/Thomas combo, especially with 6 points/TD for quarterbacks. Mixon is a bit of a reach but he could be a huge hit there (but I hate that CIN backfield). WR is definitely a weakness but I have high hopes for Pierre Garcon with Kyle Shanahan. 

I'll likely start Thomas/Garcon at WR, McCoy/Mixon at RB, and then rotate between Riddick/Coleman/Cobb depending on matchups.

#45 The Epic

The Epic

^^ That's my name. Don't wear it out.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,147 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 24 August 2017 - 07:59 AM

So about that auction draft ESPN aired yesterday....

LOL I just saw this. 

it was...something. It was definitely that.

#46 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,686 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 24 August 2017 - 08:05 AM

LOL I just saw this. 

it was...something. It was definitely that.

So ESPN didn't see the problem with that auction episode, but they don't want Robert Lee to call a football game?

• You Play to Win the Game likes this

#47 The Epic

The Epic

^^ That's my name. Don't wear it out.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,147 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 24 August 2017 - 08:13 AM

So ESPN didn't see the problem with that auction episode, but they don't want Robert Lee to call a football game?

Dude, nothing makes sense anymore. Someone should have taken a step and been like...hold on bruh.

• DuffMan likes this

#48 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,462 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 08:27 AM

So I am keeping Cooks for $32 and Matt Ryan for $10.

$175 salary cap, 12 team league.

Can't keep Zeke for $64. Going to try to get him back for cheaper though. Willing to go to $30.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#49 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,462 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 09:59 AM

So the best remaining RB's available in our league are:

McCoy -- I imagine he'll go for $60

Fournette - that ankle injury is worrisome, and he'll probably go for close to $50

Murray - I like him but Henry is at his heels. $40-50.

Gurley - might be better this year but that Rams offense is to be avoided. $30-50

Elliott - suspended for 6 games. Still go close to $40.

Lynch - intriguing... Probably in the $30's.

I am going to shoot for McCoy and Dalvin Cook and wait and see on Elliott. Hope to steal Cook early when everyone is focused on the bigger name backs, then blow my load for McCoy and if Elliott stays around $30 he's worth the stash and keeper. Then I can trade McCoy later if Cook is a beast. I'll just need someone for when McCoy is on bye week 6.

Wouldn't be opposed to Murray either. The Titans offense this year could be awesome.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#50 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 10:05 AM

Like all of Fournette, Elliott, Murray, and Lynch. Lynch is running behind a great O-line. Latavius Murray is not good at all and averaged 4.0 gov and 12 TDs last year. They'll give Beast Mode more carries than Murray received and he should be able to at least match the 4.0 ypc. He's also going to get the ball a lot on the goalline so double digit TDs is a great bet as well.

#51 Bmore Irish

Bmore Irish

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,635 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 10:21 AM

Murray is in Minnesota now, so it's gonna be all Beast Mode anyway. There was another guy who got some carries last season whose name I can't remember, but I doubt he'll eat much into Lynch's workload. And ya, that Raiders line is great. Only worry with Lynch is whether he's still got it, I guess. Year to rest but also a year away from the game.

#52 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,462 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 11:36 AM

Like all of Fournette, Elliott, Murray, and Lynch. Lynch is running behind a great O-line. Latavius Murray is not good at all and averaged 4.0 gov and 12 TDs last year. They'll give Beast Mode more carries than Murray received and he should be able to at least match the 4.0 ypc. He's also going to get the ball a lot on the goalline so double digit TDs is a great bet as well.

Rotoworld seems to suggest the Raiders are going to hold him to around 200 or less carries. I think he's the riskiest RB of the ones I mentioned but a big potential reward guy too.

#53 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 12:04 PM

Yeah, I'm betting he gets over 200 carries. I think he's one of the safest guys. Pretty high floor. He's gonna be the man there. Also, as I've said before, Elliott is the top RB in the league when hes playing. It's all about weighing how many games you think he's ultimately suspended. I think it'll be 3 or 4.

#54 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,462 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 12:52 PM

Yeah, I'm betting he gets over 200 carries. I think he's one of the safest guys. Pretty high floor. He's gonna be the man there. Also, as I've said before, Elliott is the top RB in the league when hes playing. It's all about weighing how many games you think he's ultimately suspended. I think it'll be 3 or 4.

It's a shame this appeal is being heard after a lot of FF drafts.

#55 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,462 posts

Posted 28 August 2017 - 09:17 AM

Here's my team:

Ryan

Cook

Mixon

Cooks

Green

Tate/Cobb

Prater

Jacksonville

Kamara

Yeldon (just found out he's hurt, put in a waiver claim for Chris Thompson)

Perine

Burkhead

Gabriel

Brown

Cobb/Tate

Matthews

RB's, as usual, went for a ton so I focused on getting high-ceiling rookie RB's. I'm hoping that Burkhead gets more of the goalline touches in NE, although Gillislee will get a lot too.

I like my WR's. Tate is a receptions monster and even though this is a non-PPR league he's a nice #3 and Cobb could bounce back big this year. I'll start with Tate and see how Cobb does in the GB offense.

I'm hoping the Jags defense reaches that next level...they play HOU week 1 but I will probably do some D streaming throughout the season.

Not in love with my squad but there is some potential there if Cook/Mixon hit the ground running...literally.

#56 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,435 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 28 August 2017 - 10:15 AM

So after having three drafts, in which I have taken a WR in the first round in each, I have learned that you need to lock up RB early.

Man it dries up. 

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#57 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 28 August 2017 - 10:18 AM

So after having three drafts, in which I have taken a WR in the first round in each, I have learned that you need to lock up RB early.

Man it dries up. 

It always does.

#58 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,255 posts

Posted 28 August 2017 - 04:40 PM

Man it dries up.

Everyone taking WR's super early has helped me a lot the past few years. I typically grab two RB's in rounds 1 and 2, unless a top WE is there in the second. RB has such a steep drop off from the guys who get 20+ touches. After Bell, Johnson, Elliott, McCoy, Freeman, Howard and Gordon, you don't have much guarantee of a really good RB from week to week. You have 7-9 guys that give you true feature back status. After them it's guys that are TD or catch dependent.

Had a draft Saturday picking 8th and I was lucky enough to grab McCoy in the first and Gordon in the second. I'm a little weak at WR, but not terrible.

My team is:

QB Rodgers
QB Newton

RB McCoy
RB Gordon
RB K. Hunt
RB Perkins

WR Kelvin Benjamin
WR Golden Tate
WR Maclin
WR Cobb
WR Torrey Smith
WR Robby Anderson

TE Gronk
TE Hooper

K Janikowski

DEF Baltimore

#59 Icterus galbula

Icterus galbula

Half-Member, Half-Amazing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,224 posts
  • LocationThe Big Easy

Posted 28 August 2017 - 08:21 PM

Everyone taking WR's super early has helped me a lot the past few years. I typically grab two RB's in rounds 1 and 2, unless a top WE is there in the second. RB has such a steep drop off from the guys who get 20+ touches. After Bell, Johnson, Elliott, McCoy, Freeman, Howard and Gordon, you don't have much guarantee of a really good RB from week to week. You have 7-9 guys that give you true feature back status. After them it's guys that are TD or catch dependent.

Had a draft Saturday picking 8th and I was lucky enough to grab McCoy in the first and Gordon in the second. I'm a little weak at WR, but not terrible.

My team is:

QB Rodgers
QB Newton

RB McCoy
RB Gordon
RB K. Hunt
RB Perkins

WR Kelvin Benjamin
WR Golden Tate
WR Maclin
WR Cobb
WR Torrey Smith
WR Robby Anderson

TE Gronk
TE Hooper

K Janikowski

DEF Baltimore

How many teams are in your league? Going RB in 1 and 2 and then still getting the best QB and TE is quite the boon for you. 

#60 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 28 August 2017 - 09:11 PM

Joined a new league. Checked out the settings. 1 point for 10 passing yards! The hell is that?! Premire QBs gonna score 50 a week? Think drafting a QB round 1 is a must. Drafting one in round 2 might be as well. Say your elite guy goes down, your left throwing a dart and saying your prayers with waiver pickups without a decent backup.
@BSLMikeRandall

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=