#41 Coker

Coker

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,553 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 05:22 PM

Where to begin....

Well, I'm Drew and I've been a longtime lurker over at OH for years. Some of you guys might recognize me, as I have the same username as over there; and for those that do not recognize me, well....you're not missing much :lol: Like I said, longtime lurker. For comparison's sake, my original OH handle was registered two days BEFORE SG. And all said, I've got about .005% of his posts. But hey - gotta start somewhere.

Gotta say I'm enjoying everything so far, as I think Chris (and everybody else) has really assembled a nice group of posters over here. I believe I read somebody call it "Prime OH", and I think that's going to be pretty spot on.

Edit: I should clarify that I know Rob was on OH before me. Those registered dates just deal with when they moved to the new boards in '03.

#42 Why Not?

Why Not?

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 327 posts
  • LocationCharles Town, W.Va.

Posted 23 February 2012 - 12:29 AM

I'm Matt. I make newspapers.

I posted on OH for several years under this handle, became disenchanted with the place and bailed. I've been away from message board-land for quite a while.

I grew up in Dundalk watching Bill Hagy drive his cab, then Northern Virginia and now I live in the Eastern Panhandle of West Virgnia. I encourage any and all jokes about inbreeding. I have three sons between 3 and 8. As a result, I am rarely lucid.
  • BSLChrisStoner likes this

#43 PD24

PD24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,070 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 01:15 AM

I posted on OH for several years under this handle, became disenchanted with the place and bailed. I've been away from message board-land for quite a while.

I grew up in Dundalk watching Bill Hagy drive his cab, then Northern Virginia and now I live in the Eastern Panhandle of West Virgnia. I encourage any and all jokes about inbreeding. I have three sons between 3 and 8. As a result, I am rarely lucid.

Hey Matt. Where in Dundalk are you from? I live in Eastwood.
@PeterDiLutis

#44 PD24

PD24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,070 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 01:17 AM

I've been around here but haven't officially introduced myself. I'm Pete...used to be Ravenbird on OH. Then I started my sports blog "Charm City Sports Talk." Interned at Fox 1370 for a while covering the Ravens and O's, and now I think I've found a home with WNST.

I work a lot on the sales side, while also blogging (although not nearly as much as I'd like) on the site and co-hosting a Saturday show from 9-noon.

Looking forward to talking sports with you guys....
@PeterDiLutis

#45 Why Not?

Why Not?

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 327 posts
  • LocationCharles Town, W.Va.

Posted 26 February 2012 - 07:55 PM

Hi Pete. I lived in West Inverness, but only until second grade.

#46 dantra

dantra
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 12:55 AM

My name is Dan, 40 years old, life long Orioles fan. I own a dog walking/pet sitting business in the city. I've been a lurker at OH for over 10 years but rarely post. I'm planning to be more active over here.
@DanJTracy

#47 MattCLund

MattCLund
  • Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 06:22 PM

Peter, you live in Eastwood huh? I have family that lives in that area, spent a lot of my youth down there.
@MattCLund

#48 Big Mac

Big Mac
  • Members
  • 47 posts
  • LocationWilmington, DE

Posted 04 March 2012 - 03:46 PM

Sean, 20 years old and a student at the University of Alabama. I posted on the OH for a while under the same handle, but hadn't posted much recently. Originally from Northern Va, and moving back there this winter (at least briefly). Die hard O's, Alabama, Redskins, Capitals and Wizards fan. Hoping I'll be able to post more here than I have at the OH over the past year or so and was glad to notice a lot of familiar names while scrolling through this thread.

@s_sully91 on twitter
@s_sully91

#49 Adam Wolff

Adam Wolff

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,294 posts
  • LocationWaynesboro, PA

Posted 04 March 2012 - 09:14 PM

Sean, 20 years old and a student at the University of Alabama. I posted on the OH for a while under the same handle, but hadn't posted much recently. Originally from Northern Va, and moving back there this winter (at least briefly). Die hard O's, Alabama, Redskins, Capitals and Wizards fan. Hoping I'll be able to post more here than I have at the OH over the past year or so and was glad to notice a lot of familiar names while scrolling through this thread.

@s_sully91 on twitter

Welcome! Glad to see you back posting, certainly a lot of familiar faces here!

@AdamWolff

#50 MattyB828

MattyB828
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 10:51 PM

I'm Matt. Born and raised and currently live in Baltimore.

Been cheering for the Orioles and Terps all my life and the Ravens since they arrived from Cleveland. I'm old enough to remember the Colts leaving, the Orioles winning the World Series in 1983, and the death of Len Bias.

Kills me to see how far the Orioles have fallen but I'll love them till the day I die, just the way it is. Hope for better days ahead. Fortunately we also have the Ravens, one of the best franchises in all of pro sports.

I firmly believe the Cal Ripken Jr. is the greatest baseball player of all-time.

Joined Twitter to connect with other local sports fans and that's how I ultimately got to this site. You can follow me @MattyB828.
@MattinBaltimore

#51 oriolefan123

oriolefan123
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 11:52 AM

Hello, my name is Austin... Born and raised in Baltimore. I am 13 game plan season ticket holder for the Orioles. I was on OH for awhile until I maxed out my posts and I wasn't going to pay for something that I thought should be free... Some would say I am care about the Orioles more then most people should but I love them to death. But I love that there is a site for Baltimore Sports!

#52 PD24

PD24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,070 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 05:38 PM

Peter, you live in Eastwood huh? I have family that lives in that area, spent a lot of my youth down there.

Yup. Stratton Way.
@PeterDiLutis

#53 bhrusty

bhrusty
  • Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 09:37 PM

Hiya! I think I had an OH login, but didn't spend much time there. I'm a mid 30's writer wannabe from Columbia. Ravens/O's/Caps/Wiz fan. I have season tix to Navy Football and pretend to care about the Terps when the spirit moves me.

I write about sports and w/e for Gunaxin.com when I have a chance, though I'm back in school now so my time is limited.
@bbhrusty

#54 Stotle

Stotle

2080 Baseball

• Members
  • Pip
  • 529 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 11:17 AM

Thanks to Chris for the invite and encouragement to post here. For those who don't know me, I do some writing for Jon Shepherd's CamdenDepot blog, which is the Orioles representative on the ESPN Sweetspot network. I also do some draft-centric writing at DiamondScape Scouting, focusing on a combination of traditional scouting write-ups and video, hopefully modified enough to make the reports more accessible for those outside of the industry.

I'm currently in my second year as part of a scouting department with a national league organization.

I hope to check in here throughout the season and talk a little draft and a little O's. I look forward to lots of good discussions, and will share some video from time to time and will link pieces that I think might be of interest as they post at Camden Depot or DSS.

My schedule is pretty hectic, so I'll very likely disappear for periods of time. If I'm not around and you want to get a hold of me, feel free to send me a private message on here, which routes to my baseball-related email account and I will get back to you as soon as I can.

See you out there...
@NickJFaleris

#55 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,234 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 13 March 2012 - 10:48 PM

Name Change:

PrivateO >>>>> Chris B

#56 LanceRinker

LanceRinker

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,736 posts
  • LocationPlano, TX

Posted 21 March 2012 - 04:04 PM

Hey everyone - my name is Lance. I'd like to thank Chris for the invitation and looking around the forum, it seems like there is a really good community here. I used to do some posting over at OH and the Baltimore Sun Forum, I haven't done much of anything at either of those places in a while. The BSF kind of died when they started charging and the OH can be a bit emotional among some of it's members.

Some of you here may know me from one of those other boards and some of you may know me from BDTY - I am the chief editor and contributor there - an O's and mid-atlantic focused sports site.

I'm looking forward to getting into some debates with those of you that enjoy that sort of thing.

Go O's!

#57 Kevin Ebert

Kevin Ebert
  • Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 03:58 PM

Hi everyone. I'm new to the site, but from looking around it looks like a great site. I run an Orioles blog over at http://eutawstreetblues.blogspot.com/. I write about the Orioles from an advanced stat perspective. You can find me on twitter @EutawStBlues.

Cheers.
@BSLKevinEbert

#58 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,435 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 04 April 2012 - 01:37 PM

I somehow missed this thread until the redesign.

Most of you probably know me by the same name at OH, where I've posted since ~2005. Here's the rest:

I'm Mike (42), a Baltimore native who has bounced around the country a good bit and am now living in Portland, OR. Despite the nomadic lifestyle I've never lost my passion for all things B'more, especially the sports teams...and thanks to the man-made miracles of the internet, satellite TV and the DVR (time difference, you know) I can now follow the O's, Ravens and Terps more than ever. I was starting to think I was one of the only fans of Baltimore teams out here until last fall when I went up to Seattle for the Ravens game, and through the Ravens 24x7 board hooked up with a few dozen other fans at a tailgate, many of whom made the trip up from here in Portland. So we're a bigger legion than many of you might think!

Anyway, congrats to Chris on the successful launch of a new blog/board that will hopefully grow into a thriving community of fans. Life has had me pretty occupied recently, so I've had to cut back my message board time somewhat, but I'll definitely make time to come by as often as possible. It's great to know that I still have access to the excellent interviews and coverage Chris does on the Terps.

#59 RNL25

RNL25
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 05:36 PM

Hey everybody! My name is Randy Lerman. I live in Owings Mills, MD and am a HUGE Baseball fan! I graduated from Towson University in 2009 with a Marketing degree and am currently looking for a job in business world. Orioles are my team and I just love talking baseball! Many people that know me even use the word "obsessed" when describing my baseball craziness.

I do a bit of blogging. I write on Maryland Sports Blog founded by my friend, Brian Hradsky (http://oriolesbaseballblog.blogspot.com.

Anyways, enough of the shameless plugging. My dream job is to one day work for the Orioles in Marketing/Promotions. Can't wait to start on the message boards with all you guys!
@RandyLerman
@OriolesBB
@MDSportsBlog

#60 Andrew_G

Andrew_G
  • Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 10:47 AM

Hello all. My name's Andrew Gibson, I'm one of the writers for Camden Chat. I can't honestly say I've spent a day on Orioles Hangout, and I know a lot of you guys are from that corner of the blogOsphere, so I guess I'm a new guy to most of you all.

I was born in Baltimore, grew up in York County, PA and then went to school in Rochester, NY. When people ask me where I'm from, nowadays I usually say Rochester, which is a pretty underrated town as far as I'm concerned. I also spent a year living in Arlington, VA but it didn't take well to me. Nowadays I live in Allentown, PA where I work at Baseball Info Solutions. Living the dream, such as it is. My work can now be found hidden within both of the books BIS has published within the past six months: The Bill James Handbook 2012 and The Fielding Bible Vol. 3.

I also lost in Stoner's BSM March Madness poll in the first round to Dan Connolly. Two people voted for me, and I wasn't one of them, so that was probably the highlight of my life so far. Thanks, you two mysterious strangers.
@gibsonandrew

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=