#61 Nuclear Dish

Nuclear Dish

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 573 posts
  • LocationZichron Yaakov, Israel

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:11 PM

Hi, I'm Brian, and I posted for a couple years under the same name at OH. It's been a few years since I've been active there, though, and I'm very appreciative of the invitation from Chris to join here.

I grew up in Randallstown, went to Hopkins, worked for the O's in the PR and Productions departments from '91-'96, spent some time living in Toronto, and now live in Israel, where I'm Director of Technical and Marketing Communications for a documentation subcontractor.

I'm a long-suffering O's fan, a diehard Ravens fan, and a lifelong family legacy Tar Heel fan (in all sports other than lax, where Hopkins reigns supreme). I also tend to root for the St. Louis Blues (and, thanks to my wife, the Vancouver Canucks). I despise the NBA.

I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone (again) and engaging in some lively conversation.

Oh, and before anyone asks... Nuclear Dish comes from a nickname for Billy Ripken on his late '80's APBA card. For those of you who remember me, I had a bit of a run-in with Billy when I worked for the O's, and I always thought this nickname was fitting for him as a result.
  • BSLChrisStoner likes this

"Three thousand years of beautiful tradition, from Moses to Sandy Koufax..."

-Walter Sobchak

#62 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,355 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:16 PM

Hi, I'm Brian, and I posted for a couple years under the same name at OH. It's been a few years since I've been active there, though, and I'm very appreciative of the invitation from Chris to join here.

I grew up in Randallstown, went to Hopkins, worked for the O's in the PR and Productions departments from '91-'96, spent some time living in Toronto, and now live in Israel, where I'm Director of Technical and Marketing Communications for a documentation subcontractor.

I'm a long-suffering O's fan, a diehard Ravens fan, and a lifelong family legacy Tar Heel fan (in all sports other than lax, where Hopkins reigns supreme). I also tend to root for the St. Louis Blues (and, thanks to my wife, the Vancouver Canucks). I despise the NBA.

I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone (again) and engaging in some lively conversation.

Oh, and before anyone asks... Nuclear Dish comes from a nickname for Billy Ripken on his late '80's APBA card. For those of you who remember me, I had a bit of a run-in with Billy when I worked for the O's, and I always thought this nickname was fitting for him as a result.

Great to see you posting here (anywhere) again ND. I remember enjoying your posts quite a bit.

#63 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,701 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:20 PM

Great to see you posting here (anywhere) again ND. I remember enjoying your posts quite a bit.

I agree! Excellent to hear from you.

#64 Remember The Alomar

Remember The Alomar
  • Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 07:43 PM

Same RTA that posts on over on the OH. Born and raised in Baltimore--currently a senior at American University. Nice to see so many familiar faces here.

#65 GlennGulliver

GlennGulliver
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 08:52 AM

GlennGulliver - longtime lurker and infrequent poster at OH - originally from Baltimore, childhood friend of Nuclear Dish, now living in Israel - looking forward to agonizing with the rest of you over our O's.

#66 bOhs01

bOhs01
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 09:50 AM

I'm Keith, Also posted over at the OH but became annoyed with Tony's belittling of anyone that disagree'd with him. I'm from bel air and have been a huge Baltimore sports fan for as long as i can remember!

#67 OrangeJerseys

OrangeJerseys
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 09:59 PM

Hey Guys.

Joshua
age 37
from Towson
Live in Arcata, CA

Good to see everyone.
@joshuarobi

#68 BirdsofPrey

BirdsofPrey
  • Members
  • 5 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 17 April 2012 - 11:25 PM

I'm Tim, been posting on numerous message boards over the years. Was a lurker on OH until the whole "Tony vs. O's" thing. I look forward to talking Baltimore sports with everyone.

#69 Greg Pappas

Greg Pappas

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,514 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 18 April 2012 - 10:36 AM

Great to see so many new members... welcome to each and every one of you.

#70 BustaJ2632

BustaJ2632
  • Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 12:11 PM

BustaJ2632 (Sam) here. Used to post at OH, haven't posted or basically read anything over there in a long time until I saw all the drama regarding this site linked to another site I read (InsideMDSports). Not a very frequent message board poster anywhere these days, but I'm glad to check this place out and hopefully chime in from time to time. Great to see some old familiar people like Mackus and Nuclear Dish are here!

As for me personally, I now live in Philadelphia and work at Drexel University. As many of you who knew me back in the OH days know, I went to UMD. Graduated in '07, then came up here to Philly to do an internship at Penn, then was briefly back in Maryland to do an internship with the '08 Ravens and some part-time work at Maryland. Spent the last two years at the University of Hartford in CT before moving down here. Hoping to stay here for a long time. I live a few blocks from Pats/Genos (Pats >>>> Genos, but Jims and Abners >>>>> either), and get to a bunch of Phillies games. Don't have anything against the Phils or Sixers or Flyers...but I'd be alright with the Iggles never winning a game. No idea why that is, to be perfectly honest haha.

Anyway, good to be here.
@samangell2007

#71 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 18 April 2012 - 12:48 PM

BustaJ2632 (Sam) here. Used to post at OH, haven't posted or basically read anything over there in a long time until I saw all the drama regarding this site linked to another site I read (InsideMDSports). Not a very frequent message board poster anywhere these days, but I'm glad to check this place out and hopefully chime in from time to time. Great to see some old familiar people like Mackus and Nuclear Dish are here!

As for me personally, I now live in Philadelphia and work at Drexel University. As many of you who knew me back in the OH days know, I went to UMD. Graduated in '07, then came up here to Philly to do an internship at Penn, then was briefly back in Maryland to do an internship with the '08 Ravens and some part-time work at Maryland. Spent the last two years at the University of Hartford in CT before moving down here. Hoping to stay here for a long time. I live a few blocks from Pats/Genos (Pats >>>> Genos, but Jims and Abners >>>>> either), and get to a bunch of Phillies games. Don't have anything against the Phils or Sixers or Flyers...but I'd be alright with the Iggles never winning a game. No idea why that is, to be perfectly honest haha.

Anyway, good to be here.

Good to see you on here Sam...are you doing journalism stuff?

#72 BustaJ2632

BustaJ2632
  • Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 01:11 PM

Good to see you on here Sam...are you doing journalism stuff?

Sports information at Drexel...writing for their website, specifically women's basketball, men's soccer, softball. Women's basketball had a good year, nearly beat Delaware and Delle Donne, but lost on a buzzer-beater. Ended up losing (again to Delaware) in the CAA title game, and making the 2nd round of the WNIT. So far so good around here overall.
@samangell2007

#73 SkyyHokie

SkyyHokie
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 01:16 PM

Long-time lurker of the OH. Never posted there much but after Tony's whole foxhole crap I think i'm going to stop giving him the page views. Dude's got a real inferior complex. Anyways I am a 2010 Virginia Tech grad and the only thing I care about as much as the Hokies are the O's. Been an avid supporter through thick and thin. My least favorite thing in the world are Red Sox games at Camden. Having 300 pound men named Sully and Murph yell in your ear the whole game while smelling like cabbage and b.o. doesn't make you feel at home. Anyways, ill pop in every once in a while and try to add to the discussions.

#74 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 18 April 2012 - 01:20 PM

Sports information at Drexel...writing for their website, specifically women's basketball, men's soccer, softball. Women's basketball had a good year, nearly beat Delaware and Delle Donne, but lost on a buzzer-beater. Ended up losing (again to Delaware) in the CAA title game, and making the 2nd round of the WNIT. So far so good around here overall.

Nice..shame the men's team didn't get a tourney invite.

#75 CrimsonTribe

CrimsonTribe

Your Mom

• Members
  • 267 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 18 April 2012 - 01:29 PM

I'm Adam. Most everyone knows me by the same name over on the OH. Originally born in DC and had Sunday season tickets to the O's from '88-'90 before we moved to central VA. If you didn't know, the name comes from the fact that I went to Alabama for law school and William & Mary for undergrad. I now reside in Birmingham, AL.

crimsontribe at twitter dot com

#76 SakataCatching

SakataCatching
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 02:47 PM

I'm John. I've posted under the moniker sakata_catching at OH for the past 6-7 years, much less so over the past year. Don't really want to speak to the board war that has flared up this week, except to say that the fact that I signed up here tells you what you need to know about my sympathies on the matter.

It's nice to see a number of people here who have disappeared from OH's rolls over the years. Now if we can only track down Rollie Fingers. . .

#77 BustaJ2632

BustaJ2632
  • Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 03:32 PM

I'm John. I've posted under the moniker sakata_catching at OH for the past 6-7 years, much less so over the past year. Don't really want to speak to the board war that has flared up this week, except to say that the fact that I signed up here tells you what you need to know about my sympathies on the matter.

It's nice to see a number of people here who have disappeared from OH's rolls over the years. Now if we can only track down Rollie Fingers. . .

I'm 99% sure that I'm remembering the right person for the right handle, but assuming Rollie Fingers was who I think he was, he is on Twitter at @sidewalkperspec.

SG...yeah, they got robbed. Tough game in Richmond vs. VCU, it's even worse than Maryland having to go to Greensboro for the ACC Tournament, since the CAA loser so often doesn't get in, and it's not like the other fans hung around. When I've been to ACCTs, you see fans of many if not most of the schools making up a decent percentage of the championship game crowd. Down in Richmond, it was about 97% VCU fans, 2.8% Drexel fans, and 0.2% miscellaneous. I still can't comprehend leaving a 27-win, 19-in-a-row win team out, but I guess that's what happens when you lose to Norfolk State in the Virgin Islands. Since Norfolk State turned out to be so horrible and all... :roll:
@samangell2007

#78 Nuclear Dish

Nuclear Dish

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 573 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 04:50 AM

Anyway, good to be here.

Hey, Sam! Great to see you on the board! Of course, I already knew where you were these days thanks to Facebook, but it's always nice to have another outlet for communicating.

You aren't alone about the Eagles. I don't care for them either. I have nothing against the Phils or Sixers (as long as Elton Brand remains a so-so player), but I am not a big Flyers person. Something left over from so many years of considering them bullies.

-Walter Sobchak

#79 Nuclear Dish

Nuclear Dish

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 573 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 04:52 AM

Having 300 pound men named Sully and Murph yell in your ear the whole game while smelling like cabbage and b.o. doesn't make you feel at home.

Quote of the day, IMO.

-Walter Sobchak

#80 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,701 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 08:15 AM

My man! Great to hear from you, Sam.

Gonna have to get in touch with you if I'm ever up in Philly. A real good friend of mine is moving up there this summer so I'll probably visit a couple times a year. And I'm still in Canton if you ever are in Baltimore, should meet up and have some beers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=