• Please log in to reply
677 replies to this topic

#1 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,078 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 05:06 PM

A lot of forums have an introduction section. I was not sure that was needed here.

However, in this thread feel free to introduce yourself. If you have a website, or Twitter ID you want to share, you could add it here.

#2 Adam Wolff

Adam Wolff

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,294 posts
  • LocationWaynesboro, PA

Posted 19 December 2011 - 05:42 PM

I can start things off. I'm Adam Wolff. I just recently moved to Jacksonville, FL where I work as a Marketing Analyst with Web.com. I love the Orioles, Terps, Steelers, and Wizards. I also do some draft analysis work for DraftAmerica.com. You can follow me on twitter @adamwolff.
  • BSLChrisStoner likes this

@AdamWolff

#3 Greg Pappas

Greg Pappas

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,514 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 20 December 2011 - 07:24 PM

I'm Greg Pappas... shocked? LOL

I'm an author/writer, entrepreneur, and former staffer at the Orioles Hangout.

#4 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 21 December 2011 - 01:12 AM

I'm 26 years old originally from the DC suburbs in Montgomery County and currently work in Arlington, VA as a research assistant. Despite spending the vast majority of my life near DC, I have strong Baltimore roots, my mom grew up in Pikesville and both of her brothers still live in Baltimore County so yeah I spend a lot of time in Baltimore. I'm a diehard Orioles fan and big Terps fan, I'm a more casual fan of the Ravens and Caps, and not such a big fan of the NBA, but go Wizards! I graduated from the University of Colorado at Boulder, so I'm a pretty big Buffs fan as well. I love sports (don't we all) especially MLB, NFL, and college football; like college basketball/NHL as well. I'm also really into fantasy football and March Madness. I'm into social media, do a lot through Twitter but will try to contribute here somewhat regularly. Love interacting with other passionate sports fans! Feel free to give me a follow on Twitter @levineps.
@levineps

#5 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,758 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 08:26 AM

This is Mackus, used to post a ton at OH but haven't in a year or so. I didn't die or nothing. Hope Chris can get his forum up and running, been reading the blog pretty consistently and it's always interesting.

#6 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,544 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 28 December 2011 - 11:24 AM

Pedro Cerrano here. Most of you know me already.

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#7 MKlein76

MKlein76

Sports Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts
  • LocationGlen Burnie, MD

Posted 30 December 2011 - 12:27 PM

My name is Mike. I post once in awhile on the OH. My name used to be "Mpkdaman" over there, but I changed it recently to what I go by on here, "MPK76".

I am 35 years old. I have always lived in Maryland. I grew up in Anne Arundel County and I live in Glen Burnie. I work in Baltimore City for every central Marylanders favorite gas and electric company! ;)

I'm a sports fan and I love to follow the Orioles and Ravens. I don't post alot on the message boards, but I read them every day. I have learned alot from the message boards and I look forward to continuing to learn with this site!

Congratulations on this board Chris and good luck!
@MKlein76

#8 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,358 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 02 January 2012 - 10:53 PM

This is Mackus, used to post a ton at OH but haven't in a year or so. I didn't die or nothing. Hope Chris can get his forum up and running, been reading the blog pretty consistently and it's always interesting.

Whoa! I was going to say welcome back, but I guess that's wouldn't be appropriate.

But great to see you posting! You were one of my favorites over at the Hangout.

#9 Who's On 1st

Who's On 1st
  • Members
  • 9 posts
  • LocationAnnapolis, MD

Posted 06 January 2012 - 11:05 PM

My name is Wayne.
I was born and raised in Washington County MD. and have lived all over the county up there.
I am a retired firefighter after almost 30yrs. 24 of them at DCA, Ronald Reagan National Airport.
I have been a baseball fan for as long as I can remember. My first major league game was in Baltimore in 1964. Been going to minor league games since 2000. Season ticket holder at the AA Bowie Baysox team. I have seen many a player come through the system in that time. Even got close with a few over the years. Always hard to see them move on, where ever they end up.
Some of you that have been on the Hangout will know me. My old name over there was Baysoxfan. I changed it to Who's On 1st when we were talking bout a first baseman for the the Orioles. ;)

Good Luck to Chris and hope the message board is a success.

#10 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,234 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 07 January 2012 - 07:23 PM

I'm Chris, PrivateO on OH. I go to Xavier University so I'm a huge Musketeers fan. Although I frequent a Xavier forum, I'll probably still post about Xavier on the OH or BSL forums. Obviously huge Ravens/O's fan.

#11 MattCLund

MattCLund
  • Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 12:01 PM

It's Matt Lund here. I remember quite a few people on here as I used to post on OH a good bit (I think it was MCL1021) I'm a lifelong Baltimoron, 27 years old and a graduate of Towson University. I'm at what I think is a dream job, watching baseball every day and working for MASN with the O's. I also do some writing and podcasting for baltimoresportsreport.com and really enjoying what I'm doing. Huge fan of the Ravens as well.

Glad to be on board here with everyone and glad to see a lot of familiar names. Looking forward to talking sports with everyone. You can follow me on Twitter: MattCLund
@MattCLund

#12 vatech1994

vatech1994

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 710 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 08:25 PM

I think most of you know me from OH, but I'm Bruce Smith, 41, live in Atlanta, live and breathe baseball, and I'm a pretty passionate poster (LOL). I really hope this idea takes off. I look forward to interacting with everyone.

#13 SteveA

SteveA
  • Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 10:53 PM

I'm SteveA, you probably know me from OH (or perhaps as SteveInBaltimore on techsideline.com). Native Howard Countian (Centennial '82, Virginia Tech '88) and I live in Elkridge now. Raven fan, Baltimore Colt fan, Hokie fan, and of course Oriole fan.

#14 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,557 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 01:42 PM

NMS is about to get all negative up in here!
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#15 Tucker Blair

Tucker Blair

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts
  • LocationElkridge, MD

Posted 25 January 2012 - 03:05 PM

Tucker Blair, 22, from Elkridge MD

I am an Orioles season ticket holder, and probably go to about 30 games a year. I write for Orioles-Nation a little and also do my own personal Orioles blog as well. I'll post some stuff I write on here from time to time. Eventually in my life I would love to work in some form of a "baseball job", whether that would be with a front office, writing for a website, etc. It doesn't matter, I just want to do it. I currently am writing business plans for a small company and working as a manager at night at my Uncles Restaurant (Luna Bella Ristorante in Columbia, if you ever want to come!)

My Twitter is @TuckerBlair89, and I am pretty active on there, especially once the season starts up.
Looking forward to having discussions with you in the future!

#16 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,557 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 05:16 PM

Sean Jester, 32.

I've known Chris since Catonsville Elementary. Used to go to games with Chris and his dad a lot when OPACY first opened...I think I was there with him for the extra innings Ricky Dempsey bunt game during Dempsey's comeback in 92 or 93. I'm also still trying to finish the 99 inning game we started when we were...what was it, 11? 12?

Anyway, I played baseball until my freshman year of college, love the game, but the Orioles have made it a lot harder to watch it. Baltimore homer, mass transit apologist...all that stuff.

I'm glad Chris has started a board as an alternative to OH. Sometimes we all can use a break from that place.
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#17 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,078 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 06:35 PM

Sean Jester, 32.

I've known Chris since Catonsville Elementary. Used to go to games with Chris and his dad a lot when OPACY first opened...I think I was there with him for the extra innings Ricky Dempsey bunt game during Dempsey's comeback in 92 or 93. I'm also still trying to finish the 99 inning game we started when we were...what was it, 11? 12?

Anyway, I played baseball until my freshman year of college, love the game, but the Orioles have made it a lot harder to watch it. Baltimore homer, mass transit apologist...all that stuff.

I'm glad Chris has started a board as an alternative to OH. Sometimes we all can use a break from that place.

Must have been '92 with Dempsey. I think we were younger with our game. I liked our neighborhood games, and going to St. Tim's to play in the Summer.

I've heard from lots of OHers that that they appreciate the alternative.

#18 BSLShaneBauer

BSLShaneBauer

IT & Design Staff / BSL Technology Analyst

• Administrators
  • 23 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 10:35 AM

Tech guy. Work on the forums and stuff.

#19 FlavaDave10

FlavaDave10

Dave

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,972 posts
  • LocationBalmer

Posted 31 January 2012 - 04:11 PM

I'm Dave, huge O's Ravens and Capitals fan.

Twitter: @FlavaDave10. You probably know me as the guy who trolls idiots and judges everybody who watches Jersey Shore.
Websites: I'm the Capitals blogger for Maryland Sports Blog (http://marylandsportsblog.com) and I also write for my own website (http://410sports.wordpress.com
  • BSLChrisStoner and CA-ORIOLE like this

"We're not going to be f***ing suck this year" - Alex Ovechkin

@BaltimoreDavey

#20 TomPeace

TomPeace

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 111 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 03 February 2012 - 05:17 PM

My name is Tom Peace

You know me as Peace21 over on OH

I am TomPeaceESPNHS on twitter and you can find me on Facebook.

I am a producer and reporter for CBS Radio, mainly The Fan and ESPN 1300. I have a show on 1300 on Sunday mornings called the Gino's Super Sunday Sports Show. I have been with CBS since 2003 and I write for ESPNHS Lacrosse since 2009.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=