#21 Icterus galbula

Icterus galbula

Half-Member, Half-Amazing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,224 posts
  • LocationThe Big Easy

Posted 28 April 2016 - 10:37 AM

There are about 900 other things I'll tune into watch over the next few days instead of this.  For the most part could not care less.

I honestly didn't realize this was starting today until they talked about it on the local news last night.

Neat.

• Mackus and Chris B like this

#22 Roll Tide

Roll Tide

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 28 April 2016 - 10:43 AM

Very possible.
Probably get at least one second and likely more to do that.
That means Tenn wants a tackle and we don't see the upside in Bosa vs the other pass rushers, at least not when you consider the trade value.

Casserly thinks the Ravens would want a #1 Next year to drop from 6 to 15
Roll Tide

#23 JordanKough

JordanKough

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 28 April 2016 - 10:45 AM

Very possible.

Probably get at least one second and likely more to do that.

That means Tenn wants a tackle and we don't see the upside in Bosa vs the other pass rushers, at least not when you consider the trade value.

I still think SD takes a tackle and LA jumps up past us to draft the other one. Perhaps to Dallas who would move back and then up again to take Elliott who they want but might not think is worth #4 in the process. 

Just as likely though there are no trades in the first round though, lol...and all this conjecture just passes us by. 

#24 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,015 posts

Posted 28 April 2016 - 10:46 AM

Casserly thinks the Ravens would want a #1 Next year to drop from 6 to 15

That'd be worth about 710 points on the draft scale (halfway between a mid-1st, #16, and mid-2nd, #48, pick this year).  The difference between #6 and #15 is only 550 points.  Pick #33 is worth 580.

I think that's a reasonable opening request from the Ravens, but it's definitely asking for more than chart value.

The Rams paid pretty much exactly chart value to move up from #15 o #1, as did the Eagles to go from #8 to #2.

#25 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 28 April 2016 - 10:47 AM

If 2 tackles go top 5, the Ravens won't be trading back unless someone is in love with one of the pass rushers.

If one of the tackles is there at 6 and Ramsey isn't there, I think the Ravens trade back.

If the Ravens trade back with Tenn, I think they could then look to move up 3-5 spots.

#26 Roll Tide

Roll Tide

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 28 April 2016 - 10:47 AM

I still think SD takes a tackle and LA jumps up past us to draft the other one. Perhaps to Dallas who would move back and then up again to take Elliott who they want but might not think is worth #4 in the process. 

Just as likely though there are no trades in the first round though, lol...and all this conjecture just passes us by. 

How would LA (Rams) have the picks to move up ?
  • Mackus likes this
Roll Tide

#27 Roll Tide

Roll Tide

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 28 April 2016 - 10:49 AM

That'd be worth about 710 points on the draft scale (halfway between a mid-1st, #16, and mid-2nd, #48, pick this year).  The difference between #6 and #15 is only 550 points.  Pick #33 is worth 580.

I think that's a reasonable opening request from the Ravens, but it's definitely asking for more than chart value.

The Rams paid pretty much exactly chart value to move up from #15 o #1, as did the Eagles to go from #8 to #2.

What is the value of next year versus this year?
Roll Tide

#28 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,015 posts

Posted 28 April 2016 - 10:49 AM

How would LA (Rams) have the picks to move up ?

Yeah, he must mean someone else.  Oakland?

#29 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,015 posts

Posted 28 April 2016 - 10:53 AM

What is the value of next year versus this year?

Halfway between the value of a pick in the middle of the same round and the value of a pick in the middle of one round later.  A future one would be worth the average of the current 16th (1000 points) and current 48th (420) points, so 710 points.  A future two would be worth the average of the current 48th (420 points) and current 80th (190) points, so 305 points.  And so on...

At least, that methodology works out almost exactly when analyzing both trades up this year.  Other teams may value the picks differently.

#30 Markus

Markus

The Great Cornholio

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,363 posts
  • LocationIn-N-Out Sucks, CA

Posted 28 April 2016 - 10:53 AM

Neat.

Though I hope you all regale me with excellent tales and analysis of the 134th, 4th round pick and how he'll be a 'game-changer' or 'sleeper' for the team that selects him.

Lemme get two claps and a Ric Flair

#31 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,015 posts

Posted 28 April 2016 - 10:56 AM

Though I hope you all regale me with excellent tales and analysis of the 134th, 4th round pick and how he'll be a 'game-changer' or 'sleeper' for the team that selects him.

Just don't read it if you don't care.  Certainly don't come into the thread and make multiple posts about how much you don't care.  Unless you're trying to be a troll.

• Icterus galbula likes this

#32 Icterus galbula

Icterus galbula

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,224 posts
  • LocationThe Big Easy

Posted 28 April 2016 - 10:58 AM

Its fun to add new players to a team your root for. Thats all there is to it. I think you should go back to the Star Wars and Beatles threads to remind everyone how you aren't interested in them too. Its really important to hear what you don't care about. Adds a lot to the conversation.

#33 Markus

Markus

The Great Cornholio

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,363 posts

Posted 28 April 2016 - 11:00 AM

Just don't read it if you don't care.  Certainly don't come into the thread and make multiple posts about how much you don't care.  Unless you're trying to be a troll.

I'm not trying to troll.  My initial post was really about how I had no idea until last night that the draft was this weekend.  Then some passive-aggressiveness took place because I'm not as gung-ho as others.  Oh no.  Run for the hills Ma Barker.

And while I'll take your advice into consideration, ultimately, I'll decide what threads I want to post in or not. 

#34 Markus

Markus

The Great Cornholio

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,363 posts

Posted 28 April 2016 - 11:01 AM

Its fun to add new players to a team your root for. Thats all there is to it. I think you should go back to the Star Wars and Beatles threads to remind everyone how you aren't interested in them too. Its really important to hear what you don't care about. Adds a lot to the conversation.

There's no doubt I look forward to who the Redskins pick.  I'm just not gonna sit by my tv for x-amount of hours and flip through 100 different websites with predictions and analysis of who'll come off the board and when. 

And I'm glad that you're the one who sets the bar on what does or doesn't add to conversation.

#35 Markus

Markus

The Great Cornholio

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,363 posts

Posted 28 April 2016 - 11:06 AM

Plus it's obvious a lot of you all don't care about the Redskins.  Doesn't seem to stop some of you all from still posting in Redskins threads, most of which is just "Redskins are stupid" "Dan Snyder is dumb."  Yeah, real conversation starters there........

#36 Icterus galbula

Icterus galbula

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,224 posts
  • LocationThe Big Easy

Posted 28 April 2016 - 11:11 AM

Plus it's obvious a lot of you all don't care about the Redskins.  Doesn't seem to stop some of you all from still posting in Redskins threads, most of which is just "Redskins are stupid" "Dan Snyder is dumb."  Yeah, real conversation starters there........

Call those people out. I don't do that.

The very first thing you wrote was "There are about 900 other things I'll tune into watch over the next few days instead of this.  For the most part could not care less."

I don't know why you are getting so defensive and trying to spin what happened.

#37 Icterus galbula

Icterus galbula

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,224 posts
  • LocationThe Big Easy

Posted 28 April 2016 - 11:13 AM

Anyway, back to the draft.

Who would you dread falling into the Steelers lap?

#38 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,332 posts

Posted 28 April 2016 - 11:15 AM

Anyway, back to the draft.

Who would you dread falling into the Steelers lap?

Help for their secondary.  Or another weapon like Coleman.

#39 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,332 posts

Posted 28 April 2016 - 11:16 AM

NFL.com:  Mayock Mock

http://www.nfl.com/d...e-mayock/326209

#40 GabeFerguson

GabeFerguson

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,798 posts
  • LocationCity of Angels

Posted 28 April 2016 - 11:16 AM

Mayock has us trading out with Tennesses and selecting a WR at 15

That's just like my 2nd mock draft. I wouldn't be opposed to the idea. Good value at WR in mid 1st imo.

@gabefergy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=