• Please log in to reply
1729 replies to this topic

#1 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,338 posts

Posted 27 April 2016 - 08:31 PM

Can discuss all teams here.  (If there is a lot of other team specific talk, please use the team threads in the NFL section.)

No Twitter spoilers.

New threads will be created for each Ravens selection.

Prior General Draft Talk for the Ravens here.

Prior General Talk league wide here.

#2 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,338 posts

Posted 27 April 2016 - 10:19 PM

Baltimore Ravens.com: Eisenberg: Only Certainty Is Uncertainly In Ravens Draft
http://www.baltimore...7e-c3f32fd95341

#3 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,019 posts

Posted 28 April 2016 - 06:58 AM

Looking back at some of the final mock drafts from last year to get a glimpse of how accurate they are.  I looked through 14 picks, since there weren't any trades before that point to confuse things.

Asterisks on correct picks.

Pick	Team		Actual		        Mike Mayock		Todd McShay		Mel Kiper		WalterFootball		Don Banks
1	Buccaneers	Jameis Winston		*Jameis Winston		*Jameis Winston		*Jameis Winston		*Jameis Winston		*Jameis Winston
2	Titans		Marcus Mariota		*Marcus Mariota		*Marcus Mariota		*Marcus Mariota		*Marcus Mariota		*Marcus Mariota
3	Jaguars		Dante Fowler, Jr	*Dante Fowler, Jr	Amari Cooper		Leonard Williams	*Dante Fowler, Jr	Amari Cooper
4	Raiders		Amari Cooper		*Amari Cooper		Leonard Williams	*Amari Cooper		Leonard Williams	Leonard Williams
5	Redskins	Brandon Scherff		Leonard Williams	Dante Fowler, Jr	Dante Fowler, Jr	Amari Cooper		Dante Fowler, Jr
6	Jets		Leonard Williams	Kevin White		Vic Beasley		Kevin White		Alvin Dupree		Vic Beasley
7	Bears		Kevin White		Trae Waynes		*Kevin White		Brandon Scherff		*Kevin White		*Kevin White
8	Falcons		Vic Beasley		Alvin Dupree		Alvin Dupree		Alvin Dupree		*Vic Beasley		Alvin Dupree
9	Giants		Ereck Flowers		Brandon Scherff		Brandon Scherff		*Ereck Flowers		Brandon Scherff		Brandon Scherff
10	Rams		Todd Gurley		Ereck Flowers		Ereck Flowers		DeVante Parker		Ereck Flowers		Andrus Peat
11	Vikings		Trae Waynes		DeVante Parker		*Trae Waynes		*Trae Waynes		DeVante Parker		*Trae Waynes
12	Browns		Danny Shelton		*Danny Shelton		*Danny Shelton		*Danny Shelton		*Danny Shelton		*Danny Shelton
13	Saints		Andrus Peat		Vic Beasley		*Andrus Peat		Vic Beasley		Trae Waynes		DeVante Parker
14	Dolphins	DeVante Parker		Kevin Johnson		*DeVante Parker		Kevin Johnson		Todd Gurley		Todd Gurley

McShay got 7/14 right, Kiper and WalterFootball got 6/14, Mayock and Banks got 5/14.  Everybody got the two QBs and Cleveland's pick DT Danny Shelton at #12 right.  Nobody got the Redskins taking Scherff at #5, Jets taking Wiliams at #6, or Rams taking Gurley at #10 right.

All 5 mocks had the same top 5 guys in some order: Winston, Mariota, Fowler, Williams, and Cooper.  All but Williams did go in the first 4, Williams fell to #6.

• JordanKough and GabeFerguson like this

#4 Roll Tide

Roll Tide

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 28 April 2016 - 07:21 AM

McShay has Ronnie Stanley to the Chargers at 3. I find it hard to believe they would take him over Tunsil.
Roll Tide

#5 JordanKough

JordanKough

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 28 April 2016 - 07:26 AM

Is there the same kind of consensus in Mock Drafts this year? I don't get the feeling there is...but I've been busy and haven't been tracking various others. 

Also, given that the first two were gimmes, the performance was pretty poor for most of these guys, no? It's really like 5/12, 4/12, 3/12. That's pretty ugly, BUT it only takes one  guy to slide to make everything go awry, so it's also difficult to judge. Once Williams started to slide, everything goes into disarray. 

I still think SD is going to take a tackle or a tackle is going to come off the Board in that #3 spot...

I'm curious if Dallas will take Ramsey or if Jerry has fallen in love with Elliott or Bosa as we're hearing. And I'm curious what Jacksonville will do. Obviously Ramsey is also a fit, but if they like Jack's medicals he'd be a good fit too, especially behind their rebuilt d-line. 

Gonna be fun tonight, but really it starts at 8pm? It's what 10-15 minutes on the clock per team? I know I'm gonna sound old...but given all the trade options all over the place this year, I feel like this draft is going to go to the max time. Eesh. 

#6 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 28 April 2016 - 07:39 AM

A lot of people think Ramsey is 1 on Dallas' board

#7 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 28 April 2016 - 07:53 AM

McShay saying a lot of teams in the 4-12 range like Floyd and Lawson.

#8 Roll Tide

Roll Tide

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 28 April 2016 - 08:25 AM

On his top 300 , McShay has Floyd at 9th best and Lawson at 17th
Roll Tide

#9 esporter

esporter

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 937 posts

Posted 28 April 2016 - 08:32 AM

God, I hope we don't take Floyd. I think we are smarter than that. But everything I've heard all draft season is Eh, he's not really a great pass rusher or great in coverage, he's like an athletic tweener with upside. NO THANK YOU.

• Mike in STL likes this

wordsbyevanporter.com

@esporter

#10 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,338 posts

Posted 28 April 2016 - 08:45 AM

Is there the same kind of consensus in Mock Drafts this year? I don't get the feeling there is...but I've been busy and haven't been tracking various others. 

Also, given that the first two were gimmes, the performance was pretty poor for most of these guys, no? It's really like 5/12, 4/12, 3/12. That's pretty ugly, BUT it only takes one  guy to slide to make everything go awry, so it's also difficult to judge. Once Williams started to slide, everything goes into disarray. 

I don't think those %'s are ugly.  For me, the only thing that matters with Mocks are the players being named.  After the initial picks, it's too much to ask anyone to pin down who is going where. What 'mockers' should be held accountable for though, is getting players projected in the right ranges of the draft.

• Mike in STL and esporter like this

#11 esporter

esporter

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 937 posts

Posted 28 April 2016 - 08:49 AM

I don't think those %'s are ugly.  For me, the only thing that matters with Mocks are the players being named.  After the initial picks, it's too much to ask anyone to pin down who is going where. What 'mockers' should be held accountable for though, is getting players projected in the right ranges of the draft.

Exactly.

I always get kind of annoyed when people criticize draft analysts, like "You're gonna trust Kiper? He had Jamarcus Russell as the best player in the draft!"... But like, so did the entire NFL. Even the Ravens have said he still has one of the best draft grades they've ever given.

Mock drafts are just fiction. It's a little bit of what the guys are hearing, plus team needs, plus rankings, plus just playing with different scenarios. Look at guy's big boards to see if they really have a feel for the talent years down the line.

• BSLChrisStoner likes this

wordsbyevanporter.com

@esporter

#12 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,338 posts

Posted 28 April 2016 - 08:56 AM

McShay has Ronnie Stanley to the Chargers at 3. I find it hard to believe they would take him over Tunsil.

Yeah, seeing this.  This would be great for the Ravens in the sense that they'd have even more choices available.  You could argue that 3 picks into the draft, none of the teams had selected the best available talent.

If Stanley does go 3, I don't feel good at all about my selection of Elliott in the 'Make Your Pick' thread. 

#13 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 28 April 2016 - 09:15 AM

Jax likes the tackles too.

Still not out of the question that Stanley and Tunsil go top 5.

#14 Roll Tide

Roll Tide

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 28 April 2016 - 09:22 AM

Mayock has us trading out with Tennesses and selecting a WR at 15
Roll Tide

#15 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,019 posts

Posted 28 April 2016 - 09:42 AM

Has anyone heard of any of the teams in the twenties looking to move out of the first round?  Feel like every time the Ravens draft there that is a common subject.

#16 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,338 posts

Posted 28 April 2016 - 09:50 AM

SI / MMQB: 10 Things I’m Hearing Going into Draft Day
http://mmqb.si.com/m...ings-im-hearing

SI: 13 key storylines to follow as 2016 NFL draft begins

SI: Top 300 Players

http://www.si.com/nf...rs?noroute=true

#17 JordanKough

JordanKough

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 28 April 2016 - 09:59 AM

Has anyone heard of any of the teams in the twenties looking to move out of the first round?  Feel like every time the Ravens draft there that is a common subject.

I've heard the Skins might move back on DC radio...

#18 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,019 posts

Posted 28 April 2016 - 10:06 AM

I've heard the Skins might move back on DC radio...

That'd be a very long way for the Skins to trade back, but #36, #70, and #182 adds up to nearly equal pick value as #21.

#19 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 28 April 2016 - 10:09 AM

Mayock has us trading out with Tennesses and selecting a WR at 15

Very possible.

Probably get at least one second and likely more to do that.

That means Tenn wants a tackle and we don't see the upside in Bosa vs the other pass rushers, at least not when you consider the trade value.

#20 Markus

Markus

The Great Cornholio

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,363 posts
  • LocationIn-N-Out Sucks, CA

Posted 28 April 2016 - 10:12 AM

There are about 900 other things I'll tune into watch over the next few days instead of this.  For the most part could not care less.

I honestly didn't realize this was starting today until they talked about it on the local news last night.

Lemme get two claps and a Ric Flair

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=