BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,288 posts

Posted 21 January 2016 - 10:19 AM

LaDerrien Wilson  commits to MD....

http://247sports.com...en-Wilson-79237

@gerrydinardo

B1G Recruiting Update Maryland Commit L.Wilson RB 5’10”210 3*Stg,downhill back,Vry good acceration/balance,pad level,gr8 get wil play as fr.

#42 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,642 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 21 January 2016 - 01:00 PM

Mike London had to play a big role in this.

@mikeghg

#43 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,288 posts

Posted 21 January 2016 - 01:34 PM

@YancyPorter 19h19 hours ago 

Freeze visits with Scout100 DL Terrell Hall @_TrillTrell_ today. He'll take an official visit to #OleMiss the last weekend in January.

@Hokie_Haven 16h16 hours ago

HokieHaven.com Retweeted KS

Defensive coordinator Bud Foster made a big in-home visit today with four-star LB keith Simms https://twitter.com/kpsyo/status/689962839327506432  @RivalsFriedman

@danieljtgallen Jan 19

Daniel Gallen Retweeted JJ Givens

Mike London & Aazaar Abdul-Rahim dabbing? Mike London & Aazaar Abdul-Rahim dabbing with Atlee (Va.) 3* JJ Givens.

#44 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,496 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 21 January 2016 - 01:40 PM

Terps just got a verbal from Aaron Thompson, a DT from Ft. Lauderdale.

http://247sports.com...-Thompson-53811

• BSLChrisStoner likes this

#45 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,288 posts

Posted 21 January 2016 - 01:41 PM

@TerrapinSports 2h2 hours ago

Rivals250 LB Jaquan Yulee recaps his 'amazing' #Terps visit: http://bit.ly/1lzlLFr 

@syracusedotcom Jan 19

#Syracuse football recruiting: Florida DBs Elisha, Elijah Daniels have SU, Maryland on top http://ow.ly/XihTq

#46 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,288 posts

Posted 21 January 2016 - 01:43 PM

Up to 12... wonder how many they will wind-up with?

#47 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,496 posts

Posted 21 January 2016 - 01:47 PM

Alex Hall is supposedly gray shirting, so I don't think he technically counts towards the 25 maximum. Not sure how it works with McLean and Funk, who are already enrolled. Seems like Funk would count but McLean doesn't based on the lists they show.

EDIT: Forgot about the Australian punter (#Turps) who is also an early enrollee.

#48 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,496 posts

Posted 21 January 2016 - 01:56 PM

I'm still curious about Diggs' interest. Is it just a courtesy to the new staff, or is he that close to Abdul-Rahim that he'd flip? I read somewhere that Alabama is telling him they want him as a DB, but he really prefers WR. If the Terps are okay with him at WR, maybe that seals it.

EDIT: Haven't heard anything about how the storm is going to impact the visits they have set for this weekend. Usually the kids arrive Friday evening....will it be really bad by then?

#49 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,288 posts

Posted 21 January 2016 - 01:58 PM

I'm still curious about Diggs' interest. Is it just a courtesy to the new staff, or is he that close to Abdul-Rahim that he'd flip? I read somewhere that Alabama is telling him they want him as a DB, but he really prefers WR. If the Terps are okay with him at WR, maybe that seals it.

EDIT: Haven't heard anything about how the storm is going to impact the visits they have set for this weekend. Usually the kids arrive Friday evening....will it be really bad by then?

Storm will be hitting by afternoon drive tomorrow... so better be on campus by early afternoon.

With Diggs... I don't want to lie to the kid... I'd offer him the chance to play WR, but tell him starting at CB is where he could most help the program.... but if he wants the chance to be a WR first, he gets that opportunity.

#50 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,288 posts

Posted 21 January 2016 - 02:03 PM

It's odd with losing Haskins and Jones... and going through a new staff getting setting-up... but still feels like MD has a chance to finish strong with this class.

Glad to see the couple of pick-ups the last two days... be nice to see some other things land right for the program.

#51 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,496 posts

Posted 21 January 2016 - 02:04 PM

Storm will be hitting by afternoon drive tomorrow... so better be on campus by early afternoon.

With Diggs... I don't want to lie to the kid... I'd offer him the chance to play WR, but tell him starting at CB is where he could most help the program.... but if he wants the chance to be a WR first, he gets that opportunity.

Well, if they can just get them on campus maybe the storm will be so bad they can't leave until after signing day....is weather-related hostage taking in NCAA violation?  :lol:

I agree, if you're talking about a kid with that kind of talent I'm fine with taking him at a different position and letting him know he can compete there as long as he wants, but that you think his best chance at seeing the field is elsewhere....usually it works itself out and the player chooses on his own to switch.

#52 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,356 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 21 January 2016 - 02:52 PM

The University is closed all weekend. Extremely doubtful that anyone will be there, will have to reschedule visits.

@BSLZackKiesel

#53 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,288 posts

Posted 21 January 2016 - 04:39 PM

Testudo Times: Maryland 3-star WR commit DJ Turner plans to visit Syracuse, considers joining Orange, per report
http://www.testudoti...2543.1421091664

Start feeling a bit better... and then....  ugh...

You have to know that the guys you have are secure, so you can spend time on the guys still available. If you have to spend all your time retaining the guys you 'have', it's time lost.

#54 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,496 posts

Posted 21 January 2016 - 06:40 PM

The University is closed all weekend. Extremely doubtful that anyone will be there, will have to reschedule visits.

Well, there's only one more weekend before signing day, and some of these guys may have already scheduled other visits for then. The weather may end up costing them a valuable opportunity.

EDIT: It seems a few of them are still coming, set to arrive before the worst of the weather hits. Hope they decide they like snow.

247 Sports: Mother Nature not slowing down Maryland recruiting

#55 RShack

RShack

Fair-weather ex-diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,994 posts

Posted 21 January 2016 - 07:17 PM

Well, there's only one more weekend before signing day, and some of these guys may have already scheduled other visits for then. The weather may end up costing them a valuable opportunity.

EDIT: It seems a few of them are still coming, set to arrive before the worst of the weather hits. Hope they decide they like snow.

247 Sports: Mother Nature not slowing down Maryland recruiting

Mother Nature vs. D.J. Durkin & Co...  sounds like it won't be a KO but instead by decision...

"The only change is that baseball has turned Paige from a second-class citizen to a second-class immortal." - Satchel Paige

#56 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,356 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 21 January 2016 - 10:49 PM

Testudo Times: Maryland 3-star WR commit DJ Turner plans to visit Syracuse, considers joining Orange, per report
http://www.testudoti...2543.1421091664

Start feeling a bit better... and then....  ugh...

You have to know that the guys you have are secure, so you can spend time on the guys still available. If you have to spend all your time retaining the guys you 'have', it's time lost.

Turner just announced he wouldn't be visiting Syracuse, and is committed to the Terps.

• BSLChrisStoner likes this
@BSLZackKiesel

#57 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,496 posts

Posted 21 January 2016 - 11:04 PM

Turner just announced he wouldn't be visiting Syracuse, and is committed to the Terps.

Translation: My flight got canceled.

(the storm could work in the Terps' favor too)

• You Play to Win the Game likes this

#58 RShack

RShack

Fair-weather ex-diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,994 posts

Posted 22 January 2016 - 04:45 AM

Translation: My flight got canceled.

Translation:  I was only going there to find some college girls...

"The only change is that baseball has turned Paige from a second-class citizen to a second-class immortal." - Satchel Paige

#59 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,356 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 22 January 2016 - 12:04 PM

Testudo Times: Jaquan Yulee commits to Marshall: Maryland loses out on 4-star LB

http://www.testudoti...5458.1451507014

Terps have 0 linebackers in the 2016 class.

@BSLZackKiesel

#60 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,288 posts

Posted 22 January 2016 - 12:40 PM

Testudo Times: Jaquan Yulee commits to Marshall: Maryland loses out on 4-star LB

http://www.testudoti...5458.1451507014

Terps have 0 linebackers in the 2016 class.

Marshall?  Who would rather play in the MAC vs. the Big Ten?  That's horrible.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=