94 replies to this topic

#21 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,290 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 11:16 AM

@NJ_RutgersFB Jan 15

Alabama quarterback Tyrrell Pigrome previews Rutgers official visit http://dlvr.it/DHPzXk  #ChopNation

@TyrekTisdale Jan 9

My College Decision Will Be Made On National Signing Day On February 3rd

@psufootballu 13h13 hours ago

Penn State in Florida tonight for a BIG In-Home visit with Dredrick Snelson Jr. (@D_Snelson2)

• BSLMikeLowe likes this

#22 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,290 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 11:21 AM

@RivalsFriedman Jan 17

#Terps official visit "eye-opening" for 5-star DE Terrell Hall http://rvls.co/1NeuZgG  #Bama #FSU #OleMiss

@BuckeyesNews 12h12 hours ago

Terrell Hall is currently going through our page and has liked about 5 tweets about him/Maryland

Terrell Hall @_TrillTrell_ 13h13 hours ago

I can't wait to play Ohio state! It's even more too it now.

• BSLMikeLowe likes this

#23 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,290 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 11:29 AM

Ramar Williams vs. Lindsey Scott is interesting.... wonder if there is any chance they would take both?

Williams having the local support should mean something.

#24 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,979 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 11:37 AM

Respect the effort here, Chris.

• You Play to Win the Game likes this

#25 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,290 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 11:45 AM

Ramar Williams highlights:
http://www.hudl.com/...ts/300746375/v2

Lindsey Scott highlights:

• BSLZackKiesel likes this

#26 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,290 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 12:57 PM

Ramar Williams vs. Lindsey Scott is interesting.... wonder if there is any chance they would take both?

Williams having the local support should mean something.

IMS says MD wants to take 2 QBs.... and that MD has also offered Chase Fourcade (committed to Nicholls State).

Lock up both Williams and Scott, and I'll be pretty happy.  Both have some upside. See what you can do development wise.

#27 clapdiddy

clapdiddy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 874 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 01:02 PM

After watching video of both Scott and Williams, I think I like Scott a bit better.   He seems to have a little more zip on balls in the tight windows.    

I think the Terps would do well getting either or both of these guys, though.

• BSLChrisStoner likes this

#28 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,290 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 01:13 PM

After watching video of both Scott and Williams, I think I like Scott a bit better.   He seems to have a little more zip on balls in the tight windows.    

I think the Terps would do well getting either or both of these guys, though.

Definitely had the same thoughts on Scott... but with the idea MD wants to take two QBs, I think it's a win all around.

Hopefully the staff can close with them.

#29 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,645 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 19 January 2016 - 01:52 PM

Durkin needs to limit the damage as much as possible and take off with 2017 class.

This had to be expected.   Md, can offer a chance to play...and while the offense Bell is going to run, may not be what Haskins wanted to run, it is appealing to the kids who like to show flashy numbers.

Maryland has not been a good program for a lot of years.  Patience while not is short supply may pay off.

@mikeghg

#30 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,290 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 01:55 PM

Durkin needs to limit the damage as much as possible and take off with 2017 class.

This had to be expected.   Md, can offer a chance to play...and while the offense Bell is going to run, may not be what Haskins wanted to run, it is appealing to the kids who like to show flashy numbers.

Maryland has not been a good program for a lot of years.  Patience while not is short supply may pay off.

Mostly I agree with this... but there is some good talent still on the board. If all the recruiters on the staff (Durkin included) can close with some of these guys, their chances at longer-term success will only be increased.

After that, they can settle into preparing for the '16 season, and having a full recruiting cycle building towards the '17 class.

The disappointment about Haskins can definitely be mitigated a bit if they can land some of these guys still available.

#31 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,645 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 19 January 2016 - 02:27 PM

Mostly I agree with this... but there is some good talent still on the board. If all the recruiters on the staff (Durkin included) can close with some of these guys, their chances at longer-term success will only be increased.

After that, they can settle into preparing for the '16 season, and having a full recruiting cycle building towards the '17 class.

The disappoinmentt about Haskins can definitely be mitigated a bit if they can land some of these guys still available.

Absolutely, I just watched the two QB's you posted about, and it is tough to tell with limited look, but it seems Scott moves well from side to side, showed some running skills, but what I liked it seemed like his arm was stronger.  He made the one over top of the dropping LB(I think) that showed great touch.  

BEll from what I can see and read is going to demand his QB have a quick trigger and utilize the read-option, throw a lot of different type screens, etc. so those traits are important.

By no means should he punt this years class, but I think he should get graded on the curve for his first year.  It is a shame that the kids decommitted, but they basically signed up to play for Lox and the old staff.  Maryland made the right move to get rid of Edsall and his staff,  and the repercussions were painful, but the old group including Lox, had 4 or 5 years to show improvement and really went the other way. 

@mikeghg

#32 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,290 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 07:07 PM

Ramar Williams' entire timeline is him RTing people saying they want him at MD, The Movement, etc....  seems like MD should be able to land him.

#33 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,496 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 19 January 2016 - 07:46 PM

Ramar Williams' entire timeline is him RTing people saying they want him at MD, The Movement, etc....  seems like MD should be able to land him.

Have they actually offered him? Considering all the support from other recruits and his obvious desire to go to MD, I would think that'd mean something to the coaching staff....especially after what just transpired.

#34 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,290 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 07:57 PM

Have they actually offered him? Considering all the support from other recruits and his obvious desire to go to MD, I would think that'd mean something to the coaching staff....especially after what just transpired.

247 lists an offer, but I don't see any recent news.  Just guessing, but I have to think it (the offer, and his commitment) will happen.

#35 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,496 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 10:54 PM

Is anyone else hearing that Keandre Jones may not be 100% on board with OSU and that the MD staff, and a couple players/recruits, are still trying to get him back in the fold?

Also read where a certain MD native already committed elsewhere is taking an official visit to UM this weekend....young lad by the name of Diggs.

Any chance the weather messes things up this weekend?

Lindsey Scott got offered by LSU today. The 24/7 experts now say that's where he's headed. If so, that would probably make it more likely the Terps offer Ramar.

#36 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,290 posts

Posted 20 January 2016 - 05:08 PM

Sounds like Williams has not been offered yet by MD....  wonder what the issue is...

Testudo Times: 3-star QB Ramar Williams says Maryland offer would be 'very special'
http://www.testudoti...j-durkin-offers

#37 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,496 posts

Posted 20 January 2016 - 05:41 PM

Sounds like Williams has not been offered yet by MD....  wonder what the issue is...

Testudo Times: 3-star QB Ramar Williams says Maryland offer would be 'very special'
http://www.testudoti...j-durkin-offers

I understand that as a coaching staff you want to do your homework to make sure you offer a kid that you really believe has a chance to compete at the level you want to compete at. Seems there are some shortcomings in Williams' arm in that regard. Maybe it's something that could be improved with teaching him better mechanics, but even that has its limitations as to how much more zip you can get on a ball. Anyway, this kid almost sounds like someone you'd want to add from a strategic standpoint, even if you aren't 100% sure about his abilities. Given the near universal respect and admiration he has in the area HS football circles, it might be worth it to burn a scholarship for the future recruiting dividends it could pay.

Interesting about the "character concerns." While I wouldn't dismiss it, it seems odd that would be a thing when he is not only as well-liked among players and area coaches, but also holds offers from all 3 service academies....considering what they are looking for, you would think they'd stay away from someone with legitimate character issues.

#38 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,290 posts

Posted 20 January 2016 - 09:34 PM

LaDerrien Wilson  commits to MD....

http://247sports.com...en-Wilson-79237

#39 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,496 posts

Posted 20 January 2016 - 10:08 PM

Welcome....now, learn the actual name of the school you will be attending and playing for.

vrfWw5p.png

#40 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,524 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 20 January 2016 - 10:15 PM

Their crystal ball had him 67% Virginia and 33% MD... so that feels good.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=