#61 The Epic

The Epic

^^ That's my name. Don't wear it out.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,147 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 14 August 2018 - 08:16 AM

We had this before, but it was forever ago and it got locked. I think we're overdue. 

Besides the obvious people I shout out (Seth, Ricker, Stoner...Rob, I GUESS)...I think Mackus is my favorite poster on the site. If I actually kept track of the percentages of times that I read a post, pause, and go, "Hm. Good point," I think he'd be far in front of everyone. 

I'm also a fan of Weber, on the raw ability to call people out on their shit. To be fair, a lot of people here think they do that well (I am perfectly fine with saying that I don't), but only a few people do. 

You guys are pretty great in general. 

• You Play to Win the Game, JeremyStrain, Mackus and 2 others like this

#62 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 14 August 2018 - 09:21 AM

Pitbull. Thanks for the fun week.

But seriously, I want to name a few.

I wish Primetime would post more here. I know he shows up when Ravens season begins. But he's probably the most knowledgable football guy on this board. He comes with quality instead of quantity and it's an insta-like everytime because it's just so damn good. In addition to Mackus who seems like he has the salary cap breakdowns at the ready. I laugh when other posters challenge him on that stuff. Lol.

I think Steve Birrer and myself should take over day to day operations of the Orioles. I don't think we have disagreed on one thing O's related, ever. Don't worry, you can have the month off when the World Cup comes around and I'm the only one not watching.

Met Rob Habib in person for the first time last weekend when we covered Ravens practice. Great guy, professional in that media setting where it can feel a little stuffy or uptight. He is a personal trainer and wanted to seek an interview with the Ravens Strength and Conditioning Coach. This being the day after the Maryland "Toxic Culture" story broke. Given his background, the recency, the relevance of the story in the area, it would make for a great piece to get the Ravens reaction to it, insight into their protocols. Hopefully since he's met with Patrick Gleason (Ravens PR Director) they can arrange that. Something that would set us apart because local media isn't asking those questions. It's all about this 4th string TE, or this 6th round rookie, etc...

bmore_ken has the best avatar here and although new, has chimed in with some good quick hits. Keep it coming.

Shack, when I lost my dad, suggested I write a little about him, the good times, share some stories. After a few days of grieving, writing a post here about my dad that made me re-live in my head some of the proud moments we had put a smile on my face for the first time in days. Was one of the best things I could have done at that point that I never would have thought of. Huge difference in feeling, in a good way, putting words in print, out loud, rather than being alone with your thoughts.

A lot of guys here have reached out with sound advice when life throws you a curveball and it's always welcomed. Stoner, Weber, Ricker, Bacon, Shields, Epic, Strain...probably missing a few.

Pedro is great at lightening the mood when things get heated. "It's sports talk on the internet". So true.
  • The Epic and Mackus like this
@BSLMikeRandall

#63 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,757 posts

Posted 14 August 2018 - 10:11 AM

I've really enjoyed the added volume of discussions with the new blood from the Sun boards.  Many have contributed, but in particular Slide, weirdO, crouseman, Thirteen, and MDrunning have added lots of good discussion to multiple areas of the board (apologies to all I've forgotten to list here as well).

Its nice that there are very few down periods where nobody is talking about anything.  Also nice that we've added these new posters and still kept a high signal level with very little nuisance noise.  Pitbull was fun for a few days, but it'd be super obnoxious to have lots of similar inanity and I think we have avoided that.

• BSLChrisStoner likes this

#64 Hooded Viper

Hooded Viper

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,655 posts

Posted 14 August 2018 - 10:18 AM

I agree with The Epic, Mackus is must read posting.  

• The Epic likes this

#65 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 14 August 2018 - 10:42 AM

I have always liked Mark Carver.  I am not into WW2 stuff but I appreciate the education he tries to give on it.  Just seems that he always posts things that are interesting.  Not a high volume poster but a good under the radar guy.

• Hooded Viper and Mike in STL like this

#66 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 14 August 2018 - 10:47 AM

Is there really anyone that you can't stand seeing their posts?

What I mean by that question isn't too turn this into a negative thread.  Quite the opposite actually.

I can't think of anyone where I see their name pop up and I cringe at what they are saying.  Yes, there are some tired arguments that go back and forth and yes, you know all of us have our broken record moments but overall, I think everyone contributes well to the conversations.

One thing I have always found interesting about this site (and OH before) was the knowledge a group of random people have about any topic.  There always seems to be at least 1 person that can bring legit knowledge to things and some of those things are pretty obscure at times.

#67 The Epic

The Epic

^^ That's my name. Don't wear it out.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,147 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 14 August 2018 - 10:49 AM

Hm. Actually...no. 

And that's pretty remarkable.

#68 Hooded Viper

Hooded Viper

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,655 posts

Posted 14 August 2018 - 11:46 AM

What I mean by that question isn't too turn this into a negative thread.  Quite the opposite actually.

I can't think of anyone where I see their name pop up and I cringe at what they are saying.  Yes, there are some tired arguments that go back and forth and yes, you know all of us have our broken record moments but overall, I think everyone contributes well to the conversations.

One thing I have always found interesting about this site (and OH before) was the knowledge a group of random people have about any topic.  There always seems to be at least 1 person that can bring legit knowledge to things and some of those things are pretty obscure at times.

I have to admit, there are 2 posters who I pass when they are posting.  I don't block them, but I don't read much of what they contribute.  For better or worse, that probably says more about my short sightedness (A direct quote from my wife lol) than them.  

#69 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,544 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 14 August 2018 - 12:09 PM

I wouldn't say can't stand, but there are 2-3 where I don't often read what they write. 

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#70 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,544 posts

Posted 14 August 2018 - 12:10 PM

I also had Shack on block for a while, then I remembered this is sports talk on the internet (s/o Randall) and I undid that. 

@bopper33

#71 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 14 August 2018 - 12:30 PM

I love pretty much everybody, but will say it's good to see "Glenn Davis" posting here again. Dan's always been a favorite of mine from the OH days. 

The usuals know how i feel about them, much love. 

@beginthebegin71

#72 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,358 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 14 August 2018 - 12:34 PM

What I mean by that question isn't too turn this into a negative thread. Quite the opposite actually.

I can't think of anyone where I see their name pop up and I cringe at what they are saying. Yes, there are some tired arguments that go back and forth and yes, you know all of us have our broken record moments but overall, I think everyone contributes well to the conversations.

Kinda surprising to see you post this.

But yeah, pretty much everyone is worthwhile reading.

And thanks Antoine!
  • The Epic likes this

#73 tennOsfan

tennOsfan

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,372 posts
  • LocationJonesborough, TN

Posted 14 August 2018 - 12:38 PM

I'm pro-Shack because he gave me a Baltimore restaurant recommendation one time that was on point. I never forget a good meal.

#74 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,580 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 14 August 2018 - 01:27 PM

There are a couple where my eyes glaze over and I skim/skip most of their posts but you make a good point. You can’t choose your family but we got pretty lucky here.

#75 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,544 posts

Posted 14 August 2018 - 03:23 PM

Bob Phelan is the man

@bopper33

#76 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 14 August 2018 - 03:24 PM

Bob Phelan is the man

Stop kissing up to the mods.

#77 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,544 posts

Posted 14 August 2018 - 03:25 PM

Stop kissing up to the mods.

I once told the owner of this site to perform fellatio on me. I’m good.
  • SportsGuy and Nigel Tufnel like this

@bopper33

#78 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 14 August 2018 - 03:28 PM

I once told the owner of this site to perform fellatio on me. I’m good.

There is a great zinger there. I just havent found it yet.

#79 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 14 August 2018 - 03:30 PM

Would like to see Icterus back . He called me a chump once. I deserved it. Know he was struggling a bit awhile back. Hope all is good.

#80 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,580 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 14 August 2018 - 03:31 PM

Bob Phelan is the man

That’s going on my gravestone.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors