93 replies to this topic

#21 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,092 posts

Posted 14 March 2016 - 03:58 PM

Is the problem you guys or Them?

Part of my frustration is that issues like this are areas in which I have zero knowledge.

The site is hosted through GoDaddy. My understanding is that their sites are frequently 'attacked.'  We've experienced similar issues before... none to this scale.

Will move off GoDaddy to something else hopefully later tonight.

I think it's fair to expect there will be additional time the site is down tonight.  Hopefully past this by tomorrow.

• JeremyStrain likes this

#22 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,092 posts

Posted 14 March 2016 - 04:00 PM

Well for what we pay for the board, I expect much better :)

No worries, Chris.  I'm sure you guys will get it back running smooth as soon as possible.  Don't stress yourself out too much over it.

Thanks Mack...

We are going to introduce 'Plus Membership' soon to address. JK.

• Mackus and SammyBirdland like this

#23 SammyBirdland

SammyBirdland

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,019 posts

Posted 14 March 2016 - 04:12 PM

Thanks Mack...

We are going to introduce 'Plus Membership' soon to address. JK.

I'd like to see a multi-level system in place, where you sign up for Plus and then you get a cut when other people sign up under you.  We could assign regional territories and give out pink Cadillacs when you reach a certain threshold.

• BSLChrisStoner and CA-ORIOLE like this
¡Hasta la vista, pelota!

#24 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,092 posts

Posted 14 March 2016 - 04:18 PM

I'd like to see a multi-level system in place, where you sign up for Plus and then you get a cut when other people sign up under you.  We could assign regional territories and give out pink Cadillacs when you reach a certain threshold.

• SammyBirdland likes this

#25 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,378 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 14 March 2016 - 04:25 PM

Part of my frustration is that issues like this are areas in which I have zero knowledge.

The site is hosted through GoDaddy. My understanding is that their sites are frequently 'attacked.'  We've experienced similar issues before... none to this scale.

Will move off GoDaddy to something else hopefully later tonight.

I think it's fair to expect there will be additional time the site is down tonight.  Hopefully past this by tomorrow.

Have you tried Wix.com? I don't have a lot of feedback for you, but I know a couple clients of mine have moved their own sites over from GoDaddy there and had a little more success.

@JeremyMStrain

#26 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,092 posts

Posted 14 March 2016 - 08:34 PM

Site is going down shortly for maintenance.

#27 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,092 posts

Posted 15 March 2016 - 02:19 PM

The server change was made last night... when that happened we crashed again.
Due to that, we reverted back.

Shane looked into the issues a little more. There were roughly 1.5 million requests for the site in the preceding 24 hour period. That's way more than usual.

The latest issue we had today was with the old server...  Shane will be flipping to the new server later tonight, with changes made to avoid the crash that happened last night.

Once that is in place, we should be past this.

#28 Matt_P

Matt_P

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,552 posts

Posted 15 March 2016 - 03:22 PM

Shane looked into the issues a little more. There were roughly 1.5 million requests for the site in the preceding 24 hour period. That's way more than usual.

DDOS?

• BSLChrisStoner likes this

#29 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,378 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 15 March 2016 - 04:22 PM

DDOS?

HaXorZ.

@JeremyMStrain

#30 Dupin

Dupin

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,316 posts

Posted 15 March 2016 - 04:33 PM

DDOS?

Our takes are too strong IMO.

#31 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,471 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 15 March 2016 - 05:49 PM

Tapatalk isn't working properly since this all started. I assume it's been disabled until this is resolved? Will it be restored?

Good luck guys. Thanks for all you do.

#32 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,580 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 15 March 2016 - 06:37 PM

Tapatalk isn't working properly since this all started. I assume it's been disabled until this is resolved? Will it be restored?

It's been working off and on for me but seems to be back to normal now.
  • You Play to Win the Game likes this

#33 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,471 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 15 March 2016 - 10:16 PM

Yep. I'm good. Thanks!

#34 Cisc-O's

Cisc-O's

Back by no demand

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,087 posts
  • LocationFresh Prince of .......

Posted 16 March 2016 - 03:21 PM

Ricker with the gut jab every chance he can sneak it in there.....  At the next meet up I bet he silently whispers in Chris's ear Tapa tapa every chance he gets lol....

• You Play to Win the Game and SammyBirdland like this
<p>I am pretty sure Shack is thinking of PBR.

#35 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,471 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 17 March 2016 - 12:16 PM

Proving Cisc-O's right...

Tapatalk isn't working currently. :)

#36 BSLShaneBauer

BSLShaneBauer

IT & Design Staff / BSL Technology Analyst

• Administrators
  • 23 posts

Posted 17 March 2016 - 03:54 PM

Proving Cisc-O's right...

Tapatalk isn't working currently. :)

Should be better. Give it a shot.

• You Play to Win the Game and JeremyStrain like this

#37 RShack

RShack

Fair-weather ex-diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,993 posts

Posted 15 September 2016 - 10:19 PM

Is there a link on the BSL main page to get to the board?  

If so, where is it?  

(I occasionally end up there, and to get back I have to click on a sport, then click on an article, then skim the article until I find the link to the board post for that article, and only then do I get where I wanted to go...)

"The only change is that baseball has turned Paige from a second-class citizen to a second-class immortal." - Satchel Paige

#38 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,092 posts

Posted 15 September 2016 - 11:42 PM

Left hand side. Links to archives for Os, Ravens, Terps Basketball and Football, the Board, and link to the contributor bios.

Been this way since March 15...with the same icons showing from the board.

This really wasn't known by someone here all the time?

Ugh, that is a big problem.

#39 RShack

RShack

Fair-weather ex-diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,993 posts

Posted 17 September 2016 - 02:18 PM

Left hand side. Links to archives for Os, Ravens, Terps Basketball and Football, the Board, and link to the contributor bios.

Been this way since March 15...with the same icons showing from the board.

This really wasn't known by someone here all the time?

Ugh, that is a big problem.

Well, now that you've explained it to me like I'm an idiot, well, there it is, plain as day...   :smile:

Here's what had happened:  I saw a bunch of logo's, recognized what most of them were, and somehow just did not see or recognize the one for the board... which says that my eyes kinda floated over that one... dunno why, except maybe that the icons above it were all links to articles re: topical subcategories, and my brain just quit looking there and instead started scanning everything else on the page...

"The only change is that baseball has turned Paige from a second-class citizen to a second-class immortal." - Satchel Paige

#40 RShack

RShack

Fair-weather ex-diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,993 posts

Posted 17 October 2016 - 11:46 PM

For the last several whiles, I've experienced a couple kinds of weirdness with the site... it's not just one machine, and it's not just at one location... but maybe it's somehow just me anyway...

1. About half the time, I quote somebody but the quote never shows up... this happens in spurts... it might do it all the time for hours and then not do it for hours... or it might do it one or twice and then quit doing it...

2. Lots of time, I'll submit a post but it doesn't appear to be submitted... it is submitted, but I have to hit refresh to see evidence of that...

3. If I edit a post, and then submit it, often-but-not-always it appears to be submitted but with all the normally-hidden formatting tags visible... after a refresh, they're still there... to get rid of them I have to go into the advanced editor, fix what has become goofy line spacing and extra formatting tags, and submit from there... often-but-not-always, when I ask for the advanced editor, I initially get a message telling me that BSL is not available... a refresh fixes that...

This happens on a Chromebook Pixel, and on a Win10 laptop, and on an Android 5.1 tablet... it happens in Alabama and in Atlanta... and it happens on no other site but this one...

Is anybody else seeing any of this, or is it just me?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=