#121 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,480 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 16 July 2012 - 06:41 PM

Jamison will apparently be joining the Lakers!

#122 DBean

DBean
  • Members
  • 482 posts
  • LocationOwings Mills, MD

Posted 16 July 2012 - 06:42 PM

Ugh, the Knicks are such a mess. They need to trade Amare or Carmelo and start over.

Amare was a good move by the Knicks. Trading all those players for Carmelo, maybe not so much.
@mrbeanage

#123 Nuclear Dish

Nuclear Dish

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 573 posts
  • LocationZichron Yaakov, Israel

Posted 17 July 2012 - 06:51 AM

Jamison will apparently be joining the Lakers!

This is a great addition to their bench. Jamison isn't able to contribute as a starter the way he once did, but as a bench player, you aren't going to be able to do much better. Frankly, I'm a bit surprised that he chose the Lakers over going home to Charlotte, but considering how he's been on losing teams most of his career, I suppose it's a move to have his best chance at a title.

"Three thousand years of beautiful tradition, from Moses to Sandy Koufax..."

-Walter Sobchak

#124 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 17 July 2012 - 09:48 AM

This is a great addition to their bench. Jamison isn't able to contribute as a starter the way he once did, but as a bench player, you aren't going to be able to do much better. Frankly, I'm a bit surprised that he chose the Lakers over going home to Charlotte, but considering how he's been on losing teams most of his career, I suppose it's a move to have his best chance at a title.

Does anyone want to play for Charlotte? They were historically bad last year.
@levineps

#125 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 17 July 2012 - 01:31 PM

http://espn.go.com/l... ... ources-say

Grant Hill signs with LA...but the Clippers.

#126 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,480 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 02:23 PM

Nets sing Humpries to a 2/24 deal, which John Hollinger says makes sense as a potential pre-cursor to a January trade for Howard.

http://espn.go.com/b... ... look-south

#127 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 17 July 2012 - 02:28 PM

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/8174031/2012-nba-free-agency-los-angeles-clippers-agree-contract-grant-hill-sources-say

Grant Hill signs with LA...but the Clippers.

I thought someone said he retired last week..

I'm glad that was wrong. Clippers/Lakers could be awesome next season.
@beginthebegin71

#128 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,480 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 02:32 PM

Yeah, he did. Nevermind. Didn't see what SG posted.

#129 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 17 July 2012 - 02:47 PM

I posted in this thread that the Hill retirement stuff was a hoax.

#130 Adam Wolff

Adam Wolff

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,294 posts
  • LocationWaynesboro, PA

Posted 17 July 2012 - 02:51 PM

Absolutely. I really enjoyed those games last year and the plot has only thickened with the moves made in the offseason. Should be some great, intense play.

@AdamWolff

#131 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,480 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 03:15 PM

The Lakers and Magic are talking again.

I'm really not sure why either team would want to do this without an extension. Especially the Magic.

#132 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 17 July 2012 - 03:20 PM

The Lakers and Magic are talking again.

I'm really not sure why either team would want to do this without an extension. Especially the Magic.

I don't see anyway either Howard or Bynum turn down an extension with that team.

They may not sign it immediately but they likely will eventually.

#133 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,480 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 03:37 PM

I don't see anyway either Howard or Bynum turn down an extension with that team.

They may not sign it immediately but they likely will eventually.

Of course there's a chance they don't. Especially Bynum who may want to play with a better team and/or in a different market. Howard would very likely commit to LA since Brooklyn wouldn't be able to make an offer.

#134 Adam Wolff

Adam Wolff

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,294 posts
  • LocationWaynesboro, PA

Posted 17 July 2012 - 03:39 PM

Wizards made the decision to amnesty Blatche, as expected. Nice write up by Mike Prada over at Bullets Forever.

http://www.bulletsfo... ... gency-2012

@AdamWolff

#135 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 17 July 2012 - 03:41 PM

Of course there's a chance they don't. Especially Bynum who may want to play with a better team and/or in a different market. Howard would very likely commit to LA since Brooklyn wouldn't be able to make an offer.

I just don't see them turning down the extra 25-30 million they can get with their current team.

And if they just won't sign there, then you do a sign and trade or those guys just take the big loss in pay.

I just don't see it happening.

I know you can never say never but logic and common sense say they both extend long term.

#136 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,480 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 03:56 PM

I just don't see them turning down the extra 25-30 million they can get with their current team.

And if they just won't sign there, then you do a sign and trade or those guys just take the big loss in pay.

I just don't see it happening.

I know you can never say never but logic and common sense say they both extend long term.

Logic and common sense also looks at what's going on with Howard now (he's willing to pass up extra money), what guys like James and Bosh did, that ORL is not one of the teams Bynum has said he'd re-sing with, and the possibility of a sign and trade. It also looks at the statement of an extra 25 or so million and realizes that it's over an extra year.

For the Magic, you also have to consider that they don't want to go through the same circus they just went through with Howard, just not as high profile of one.

#137 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,116 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 18 July 2012 - 09:55 AM

The Knicks officially let Linsanity leave for Houston. Panic has descended on MSG.

The Knicks are a trainwreck.

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#138 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 18 July 2012 - 10:19 AM

Logic and common sense also looks at what's going on with Howard now (he's willing to pass up extra money), what guys like James and Bosh did, that ORL is not one of the teams Bynum has said he'd re-sing with, and the possibility of a sign and trade. It also looks at the statement of an extra 25 or so million and realizes that it's over an extra year.

For the Magic, you also have to consider that they don't want to go through the same circus they just went through with Howard, just not as high profile of one.

1) Not wanting to be in Orlando vs being in LA are 2 different things. Plus, he hasn't turned down that money at the real deadline, which is next offseason.

2) good point about the big 3 in Miami. But this seems different. Those guys got together to win. It seems like Howard has put "his brand" and where he goes to help his brand at a higher priority level than winning.

3) I agree about the last point and that is why this deal isn't done..but Bynum is saying maybe now to the Magic and I think he would eventually sign.

#139 Icterus galbula

Icterus galbula

Half-Member, Half-Amazing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,224 posts
  • LocationThe Big Easy

Posted 18 July 2012 - 10:42 AM

The Knicks officially let Linsanity leave for Houston. Panic has descended on MSG.

The Knicks are a trainwreck.

Its absurd. The amount of money and excitement he generates for them far outweighs whatever luxury tax implications were down the line.

I don't have sympathy for NY teams, but man I would be pissed if I were a fan of theirs.

#140 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,480 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 08:23 PM

1) Not wanting to be in Orlando vs being in LA are 2 different things. Plus, he hasn't turned down that money at the real deadline, which is next offseason.

2) good point about the big 3 in Miami. But this seems different. Those guys got together to win. It seems like Howard has put "his brand" and where he goes to help his brand at a higher priority level than winning.

3) I agree about the last point and that is why this deal isn't done..but Bynum is saying maybe now to the Magic and I think he would eventually sign.

I think Howard would very likely stay with LA, but I doubt he'd extend with them prior to free agency. So they'd have to deal with that drama if that's the case.

Bynum is the guy imo that is a big question mark in regards to staying with ORL.

That's why it makes sense for him to go to CLEV OR HOU where he is much more likely to stay.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=