#62 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,557 posts

Posted 19 May 2018 - 07:24 AM

Also I don’t want to live near any hipsters

Good luck with that. They’re everywhere. And they’re not so bad.
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#63 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,557 posts

Posted 19 May 2018 - 07:27 AM

In the US I’d like to live in Sarasota. Close to the best beach in the country, beautiful weather (I love the heat) and decent cost of living. Downfall is “Florida Man” news stories. Lol.

Savannah, GA and Charleston, SC would be on the list. Maybe NOLA too. Either way strictly east coast for me, NOLA excluded. West coast is overrated.
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#64 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 19 May 2018 - 07:28 AM

I want good weather, be near beach(es) and golf courses, good schools, lower crime.

#65 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 19 May 2018 - 07:29 AM

In the US I’d like to live in Sarasota. Close to the best beach in the country, beautiful weather (I love the heat) and decent cost of living. Downfall is “Florida Man” news stories. Lol.
Savannah, GA and Charleston, SC would be on the list. Maybe NOLA too. Either way strictly east coast for me, NOLA excluded. West coast is overrated.

Never been to Sarasota but I’m pretty sure that tops my list as well.

Charleston would be good too...expensive though.

#66 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 19 May 2018 - 07:36 AM

Although just reading that Sarasota has a high crime rate, including violent crimes.

That’s surprising to me.

#67 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,557 posts

Posted 19 May 2018 - 07:54 AM

Although just trading that Sarasota has a high crime rate, including violent crimes.
That’s surprising to me.

Me too. Didn’t realize that.

#68 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 19 May 2018 - 08:05 AM

The best crime rates are in the states with the worst weather..how is that possible? Figure the cold would make you snap!

#69 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 19 May 2018 - 08:36 AM

I like Maryland. I can nit pick, but it isn't terrible. When I see earthquakes (real ones) mudslides, wildfires, F5 tornados, hurricanes, I'm glad that's not a thing here.

Worst thing MD gets is a tropical storm threat maybe once a decade, hurricane every 50 years, a blizzard every 5 years, a tornado might touch down once for a second somewhere...

I am 100% jealous of So. Cal as a sports fan. Must be nice to have tickets to a game and never ever have to check the weather first. And pregaming can include watching east coast games. March madness ends at 9 or 10 instead of 1am.

But I like that MD has everything you need less than a day trip away. Ocean, bay, mountains, big cities, country.

The mid West is quaint and all. But when I visit my wife's family in STL that is it. Chicago is 4 hours, KC is 3, Memphis is 5 I think. When they come here we go to Philly for a day, no problem. DC for a day, no problem.

So I'd want to be here, or So. Cal I guess.
  • DJ MC and DuffMan like this
@BSLMikeRandall

#70 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,340 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 19 May 2018 - 09:04 AM

Florida and California are at the top of my list. I'm actually looking to relocate in the next year or so, and luckily as a Navy contractor both places are strong possibilities. Probably ends up between Panama City and San Diego. Leaning towards Panama City just due to affordability, and my parents will be retiring to the east coast of Florida (Melbourne Beach) in a few years.
@BSLZackKiesel

#71 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,557 posts

Posted 19 May 2018 - 09:06 AM

Yeah I think MD is a solid place to live. Close to several big cities, water, mountains, several airports to travel. It’s an underrated place to live, geographically. And I really do love Frederick. Had a chance to buy a historic home there a few years ago, wish we had pulled the trigger on that sometimes, even though it would have cut into our disposable income.

#72 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 19 May 2018 - 09:06 AM

Florida and California are at the top of my list. I'm actually looking to relocate in the next year or so, and luckily as a Navy contractor both places are strong possibilities. Probably ends up between Panama City and San Diego. Leaning towards Panama City just due to affordability, and my parents will be retiring to the east coast of Florida (Melbourne Beach) in a few years.

Got married in Panama City Beach...I like it down there.

Panama City, which is a different town, has a lot of crime.

#73 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,340 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 19 May 2018 - 09:24 AM

Got married in Panama City Beach...I like it down there.

Panama City, which is a different town, has a lot of crime.

Yeah the Naval Base is in Panama City, but I'd rent a place in Panama City Beach. Once I'm ready to buy, I'd go somewhere else along the coast (Mexico Beach down past Tyndall AFB looks very appealing).

@BSLZackKiesel

#74 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,542 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 19 May 2018 - 10:54 AM

I should say that since I am licensed to practice law in this state I am "stuck" here unless I get a gov't job where you don't need to be licensed in that particular state.

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#75 RShack

RShack

Fair-weather ex-diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,993 posts

Posted 19 May 2018 - 12:07 PM

I should say that since I am licensed to practice law in this state I am "stuck" here unless I get a gov't job where you don't need to be licensed in that particular state.

Lawyers move all the time... is it really that big a PITA to get licensed elsewhere?   Are there any reciprocity arrangements among states?

"The only change is that baseball has turned Paige from a second-class citizen to a second-class immortal." - Satchel Paige

#76 RShack

RShack

Fair-weather ex-diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,993 posts

Posted 19 May 2018 - 12:15 PM

A year or two in each of...

* Tuscany

* Amsterdam

* Manhattan

* South of France

* London

* New Zealand

* Paris

* The Cotswolds

* New Orleans

* Mauai or Kauai

"The only change is that baseball has turned Paige from a second-class citizen to a second-class immortal." - Satchel Paige

#77 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,542 posts

Posted 19 May 2018 - 03:05 PM

Lawyers move all the time... is it really that big a PITA to get licensed elsewhere? Are there any reciprocity arrangements among states?

Yes. Maryland doesn’t have any though — except with Washington State which now allows any licensed attorney to waive in by motion. Can also waive into DC

@bopper33

#78 RShack

RShack

Fair-weather ex-diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,993 posts

Posted 19 May 2018 - 03:40 PM

Yes. Maryland doesn’t have any though — except with Washington State which now allows any licensed attorney to waive in by motion. Can also waive into DC

So... for any place else, you gotta take the test again, right?... how hard is that?  Would you have to do anything else?

#79 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,542 posts

Posted 19 May 2018 - 03:49 PM

So... for any place else, you gotta take the test again, right?... how hard is that? Would you have to do anything else?

Yes you’d have to take the exam. Depending on the state it’s very hard. Especially if you’re trying to study for it while working full time.

@bopper33

#80 RShack

RShack

Fair-weather ex-diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,993 posts

Posted 19 May 2018 - 03:50 PM

Yes you’d have to take the exam. Depending on the state it’s very hard. Especially if you’re trying to study for it while working full time.

Are they pretty much the same from state to state?

How much of it have you forgotten?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=