• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 JonBernhardt

JonBernhardt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 11:46 AM

Kind of a rough week for Baltimore, but it probably hurt team and fan pride a lot more than it did their chances at repeating in the division.

http://baltimorespor...st-april-17-23/

Still, it'll be good once divisional play is out of the way and the Orioles can tear into some AL Central or NL teams.

• BSLChrisStoner, SportsGuy and JeffLong like this

#2 JeffLong

JeffLong

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,826 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 12:52 PM

Parity!

@JeffLongBP

#3 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 24 April 2015 - 01:00 PM

Parity!

...or bad baseball.  Whatever makes you feel better.  :)

#4 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,547 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 24 April 2015 - 01:14 PM

If by parity, you mean vomit... then sure, let's go with parity. ;)

#5 JeffLong

JeffLong

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,826 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 03:30 PM

Worth noting that we should all be afraid of TB for the reasons Jonathan mentioned.

@JeffLongBP

#6 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 24 April 2015 - 03:33 PM

Worth noting that we should all be afraid of TB for the reasons Jonathan mentioned.

TB was always being underrated.

The offense doesn't have to exceed expectations all that much.

#7 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,388 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 24 April 2015 - 03:51 PM

The only thing the O's should fear are the O's themselves. They very well may not make the playoffs, but I'm not scared of any of the East teams.
  • BSLChrisStoner and RShack like this

#8 RShack

RShack

Fair-weather ex-diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,994 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 04:30 PM

The only thing the O's should fear are the O's themselves. They very well may not make the playoffs, but I'm not scared of any of the East teams.

Exactly...

"The only change is that baseball has turned Paige from a second-class citizen to a second-class immortal." - Satchel Paige

#9 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 04:32 PM

Toronto is just going to own us this year. You could see that coming from the start. Have to make it up vs the others. So, I disagree with Weber that you don't specifically fear them. Now, hopefully, they suck vs other teams and it evens out. 

#10 RShack

RShack

Fair-weather ex-diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,994 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 04:35 PM

Toronto is just going to own us this year. You could see that coming from the start. 

I don't think you're a "Superior Hypocrite"... but you are clearly superior at seeing Doom and Gloom every damn place...

"The only change is that baseball has turned Paige from a second-class citizen to a second-class immortal." - Satchel Paige

#11 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 04:39 PM

I don't think you're a "Superior Hypocrite"... but you are clearly superior at seeing Doom and Gloom every damn place...

Nah bro. I didnt say we couldn't play well against other teams. I didn't say Toronto is going to run away with the division. I just said they are going to outplay us head to head. Bad matchup. Expect more of what you've seen over the first 6 games. 

#12 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,388 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 24 April 2015 - 04:43 PM

Toronto is just going to own us this year. You could see that coming from the start. Have to make it up vs the others. So, I disagree with Weber that you don't specifically fear them. Now, hopefully, they suck vs other teams and it evens out. 

Well I don't fear them, but I was talking more about playoff race, not specifically playing them.

#13 RShack

RShack

Fair-weather ex-diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,994 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 04:51 PM

Nah bro. I didnt say we couldn't play well against other teams. I didn't say Toronto is going to run away with the division. I just said they are going to outplay us head to head. Bad matchup. Expect more of what you've seen over the first 6 games. 

Well, I'm curious... not giving you crap, but am truly curious... are there any O's-related posts where you were optimistic about anything?   All I remember is you being oh-so-sure about negativity, but I could well be forgetting something.  Am I?

#14 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 04:52 PM

Well, I'm curious... not giving you crap, but am truly curious... are there any O's-related posts where you were optimistic about anything?   All I remember is you being oh-so-sure about negativity, but I could well be forgetting something.  Am I?

Shirley you are. 

#15 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 04:57 PM

For example, I'm all over Buck's nuts. 

#16 RShack

RShack

Fair-weather ex-diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,994 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 04:59 PM

For example, I'm all over Buck's nuts. 

I didn't ask about your predilections, I asked you if you ever had any O's posts that are actually optimistic...

#17 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 24 April 2015 - 05:02 PM

Toronto is the best team in the division if their young arms develop.

We don't know if they will but if they do, watch out.

I had them ahead of the Os before Stroman went down.

Boston is also better imo.

#18 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 24 April 2015 - 05:04 PM

I didn't ask about your predilections, I asked you if you ever had any O's posts that are actually optimistic...

Are you really accusing someone of being way too much on one side? You are basically Jim Hunter, so I'm not sure you room to talk.

You mistake people not assuming everything the Os are doings a great as some pessimistic non fan.

#19 RShack

RShack

Fair-weather ex-diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,994 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 05:06 PM

Are you really accusing someone of being way too much on one side? 

No, I just asked him if he made any non-gloom O's posts.  It's an easy question...

#20 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 05:18 PM

Are you really accusing someone of being way too much on one side? You are basically Jim Hunter, so I'm not sure you room to talk.

You mistake people not assuming everything the Os are doings a great as some pessimistic non fan.

Shack might be more level headed than me during game threads. Step outside of that forum, and I feel like I'm less of a doom and gloomer than he is a  kool aid drinker.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=