#21 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,557 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 19 February 2015 - 11:54 PM

Then neither is going to move.

The Rams are gone. Unless someone in LA manages to block Kroenke's project, that stadium appears to be a guarantee; they've already broken ground on the rest of the complex. Mike Florio has already talked a bit about how Kroenke very likely would go full Al Davis if the league made an attempt to block him.

They won't let three teams move to the city. If one of the two other stadium plans is still considered cost-effective after the Hollywood Park project, maybe the Raiders or Chargers can partner up. But most likely they will end up a tenant, and the other will either take whatever they can get from Oakland/San Diego or move elsewhere (probably St. Louis, if the state of Missouri does what they are saying and builds their planned stadium no matter what).

I think the NFL would rather do something more along the lines of a team swap and leave the Rams in St. Louis, provided they approve the financing for the proposed new stadium. The last the the league probably wants right now is for a team to bolt a city that was ready to build them a brand new palace. So....since he's got his own stadium project well off the ground, maybe have Kroenke swap teams with either Spanos or (more likely) Mark Davis. Then Kroenke moves his new team into the Hollywood Park stadium, Spanos or Davis gets the Rams in their new St. Louis stadium, and whoever the third team is can either work something out with one of the other LA options or with their current city.

It's somewhat similar to what MLB did with the Red Sox/Marlins/Expos years ago, only this time the league doesn't have to take ownership of a team (unless Al Davis' widow dies before anything can happen and Mark Davis is forced to sell the Raiders, then all bets are off).

#22 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts
  • LocationBeautiful Bel Air, MD

Posted 20 February 2015 - 12:34 AM

I think the NFL would rather do something more along the lines of a team swap and leave the Rams in St. Louis, provided they approve the financing for the proposed new stadium. The last the the league probably wants right now is for a team to bolt a city that was ready to build them a brand new palace. So....since he's got his own stadium project well off the ground, maybe have Kroenke swap teams with either Spanos or (more likely) Mark Davis. Then Kroenke moves his new team into the Hollywood Park stadium, Spanos or Davis gets the Rams in their new St. Louis stadium, and whoever the third team is can either work something out with one of the other LA options or with their current city.

It's somewhat similar to what MLB did with the Red Sox/Marlins/Expos years ago, only this time the league doesn't have to take ownership of a team (unless Al Davis' widow dies before anything can happen and Mark Davis is forced to sell the Raiders, then all bets are off).

I saw a similar idea suggested where the Rams get approval to move to LA while the Raiders move to St. Louis.

@DJ_McCann

#23 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,557 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 12:52 PM

I saw a similar idea suggested where the Rams get approval to move to LA while the Raiders move to St. Louis.

I'd be pissed if I were St Louis over that idea. You lose an NFL team, and build a billion-dollar stadium for the Raiders.

#24 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts
  • LocationBeautiful Bel Air, MD

Posted 20 February 2015 - 01:53 PM

Here's a significant portion of why I don't see this happening:

http://profootballta...ly-move-to-nfc/

So in order to accommodate these two specific teams in LA, one original AFL/C team will have to switch conferences, with either an original NFL club or one that has been in the league since 1937 switching the other way.

This is ludicrous. If the league tries to go through with it, while forcing the Rams to stay and switch conferences, I hope Kroenke sets off a nuclear lawsuit that blows them apart.

@DJ_McCann

#25 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,557 posts

Posted 21 February 2015 - 01:48 AM

So.....LA went from losing two teams simultaneously, to having no team for 20 years, to having three teams fighting over who gets (presumably) two seats at the table.

#26 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,529 posts

Posted 21 February 2015 - 09:59 AM

CBS Sports: Where will 'uneasy' Adrian Peterson play in 2015? Five landing spots

http://www.cbssports...e-landing-spots

#27 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,529 posts

Posted 22 February 2015 - 10:07 PM

Football Outsiders:

#28 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,254 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 25 February 2015 - 11:15 AM

So apparently there is video of Dez Bryant that is "five times worse than Ray Rice" that could be released as soon as tomorrow.

#29 Markus

Markus

The Great Cornholio

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,363 posts
  • LocationIn-N-Out Sucks, CA

Posted 25 February 2015 - 11:29 AM

So apparently there is video of Dez Bryant that is "five times worse than Ray Rice" that could be released as soon as tomorrow.

Yeah I read about that yesterday too and debated posting about it but every article I read on it was beyond vague in giving any kind of morsel of a detail.

That said, if true, could be interesting.

Lemme get two claps and a Ric Flair

#30 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,529 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 07:51 PM

EndZoneScore.com: Jarryd Hayne makes move from rugby to the NFL

http://www.endzonesc...-rugby-for-nfl/

#31 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,557 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 09:36 PM

ESPN’s Adam Schefter says he’s been working on a Dez Bryant video story since September

Scheffer sort of discusses it with a radio station in Chicago. Doesn't say anything other than he's been following it for months, and doesn't even know if they'll have enough to release the story. Whatever happens, he doesn't seem to think Dallas will let him go.

#32 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,254 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 25 February 2015 - 09:59 PM

This is such a weird story.

#33 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,557 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 10:19 PM

While he doesn't say anything, Schefter does speak rather candidly around the subject. This would lead me to believe that at least he feels confident that they will eventually be able to go with the story. And I can't see ESPN letting one of their lead NFL reporters spend 6 months chasing what looks like nothing.

Of course, if this doesn't get released that will probably add fuel to the fire on the conspiracy that the NFL can get their broadcast partners to kill unflattering stories (see: League of Denial).

#34 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,529 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 10:37 AM

CBS Sports: Future NFL Power Rankings (2017)

http://www.cbssports...ule-nfl-in-2017

Know it's just for fun... but I skipped ahead to the Ravens at 24th and laughed. BAL hasn't reached the playoffs 6 times in 7 years by accident. They will adjust.

Still, a fun look at what the league could look like in a couple of years.

#35 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,529 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 09:23 PM

Football Outsiders: Four Downs: AFC West

Football Outsiders: Four Downs: NFC West

#36 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,529 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 10:39 AM

CBS Sports: Sorry wide receivers, but it's a buyer's market

http://www.cbssports...a-buyers-market

#37 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,529 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 10:06 AM

Sports on Earth: NFL Player Windows Closing

http://www.sportsone...-calvin-johnson

#38 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,529 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 08:47 PM

Sports Illustrated: Contract killers: Ten free agents who hurt their value most in 2014

http://www.si.com/nf...knowshon-moreno

#39 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,529 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 10:13 AM

Sports on Earth: Franchise Tag Winners and Losers

http://www.sportsone...paul-dez-bryant

#40 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner