#5781 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 15 March 2022 - 02:02 PM

RIP Scott Hall. I'm about to watch Michaels/Razor from Wrestlemania 10. The Bad Guy will be missed by wrestling fans everywhere.
  • Mike in STL likes this
@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#5782 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,633 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 15 March 2022 - 02:05 PM

RIP Scott Hall. I'm about to watch Michaels/Razor from Wrestlemania 10. The Bad Guy will be missed by wrestling fans everywhere.

IMO, that match was one of the best of all time and really made both guys.  It is really sad about Scott.  It sounds like he got his life back together and was trying to do the same health wise.  RIP Bad guy!

The WWE did a nice tribute on Raw last night and Corey Graves seem to be having a tough time keeping it together.

@mikeghg

#5783 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,743 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 15 March 2022 - 02:22 PM

Big E suffered a broken neck on Friday's smackdown.  I have been telling my son for years, that they should outlaw the suplex, because it was dangerous.  The fall was ugly and it may have cost E his career.

O man, I hadn't heard that.   Absolutely brutal

#5784 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,633 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 15 March 2022 - 02:43 PM

O man, I hadn't heard that.   Absolutely brutal

You do not want to watch the replay.  E is posting on Twitter and the test results are on the positive side, but his career is in real jeopardy.

@mikeghg

#5785 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 15 March 2022 - 03:22 PM

IMO, that match was one of the best of all time and really made both guys. It is really sad about Scott. It sounds like he got his life back together and was trying to do the same health wise. RIP Bad guy!

The WWE did a nice tribute on Raw last night and Corey Graves seem to be having a tough time keeping it together.

Seeing Hall on the "Beyond The Mat" documentary was rough to watch but getting with DDP helped his sobriety to stick. In recent years, he seemed to be in good spirits and much better health.

The Razor Ramon gimmick hit when I was in high school. Needless to say, I chewed on and flicked a lot of toothpicks. Lol
  • Mike B likes this
@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#5786 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,633 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 04 April 2022 - 03:47 PM

Wrestlemania was pretty good.  Saturday was excellent IMO.  Cody Rhodes returned and put on a very good match with Rollins.

Bianca Bel Air and Becky Lynch was terrific.  MOY type performance.

Uso's vs.  Boogs and Shin was also very good, but Boogs suffered a legit injury and Nakamura had to finish on his own.

Mysterio's vs. Miz and Logan Paul also delivered as did Rhonda and Charlotte. 

McIntire-Corbin put on a good show, but the night was main evented by Stone Cold and KO.  I fully expected Austin and KO to jaw back and forth, exchange blows,, KO to eat a stunner and Austin to drink a lot of beer, and all that happened but they put on a pretty good match before that.  Stone COld did not do a Goldberg, he took bumps, and while a lot slower looked and performed like the Austin of 19 years ago.  KO carried the match, but that is what he was there for.  Very well done.   The only thing missing was JR yelling Stone Cold!!!!

Day 2 was not as good, but  was still a good show

The 3  way tag match was great, with Orton and Riddle winning out.  Riddle, and Montez Ford defied gravity at times

Omos and Ashley was entertaining.  Better than I expected.

The womans tag was good with Naomi and Sasha Banks Win.\

Edge and Styles were solid, Theory and McAfee likewise.

Vince inserted himself into a match with McAfee which prompted Stone Cold to make another appearance which led to the softest Stunner on Vince.  1999 returned.

Reigns and Lesnar put on a very good show, although the ending was sudden.

Good stuff.

@mikeghg

#5787 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 04 April 2022 - 04:40 PM

The Roman Reigns era bores me. I liked Lesnar's new look as kind of a badass baby face. But I also don't want him to defend the title only 4 times before the next WM.  

Hopefully next year someone...anyone else gets a real push. But its almost impossible cause if Lesnar, on multiple occasions cant beat Roman, who the hell logically can? If you want the story to make any kind of sense.

@BSLMikeRandall

#5788 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 05 April 2022 - 09:49 AM

The Roman Reigns era bores me. I liked Lesnar's new look as kind of a badass baby face. But I also don't want him to defend the title only 4 times before the next WM.  

Hopefully next year someone...anyone else gets a real push. But its almost impossible cause if Lesnar, on multiple occasions cant beat Roman, who the hell logically can? If you want the story to make any kind of sense.

I think they might be setting up Cody. We'll see.

Eventually, Bron Breaker will be champ though.
@primetime667083

#5789 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,633 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 05 April 2022 - 09:57 AM

Reigns is paying off.  I have not watched Raw from last night, but heard a promo that Heyman did that nails it.  Reigns is returning big time results in Merch, PPV numbers etc.   He is making the WWE big time money and as long as that is happening, his push is going to continue.

I actually enjoy the character.  He works hard and puts on a good show.  JMO.

@mikeghg

#5790 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,633 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 05 April 2022 - 10:02 AM

I think they might be setting up Cody. We'll see.

Eventually, Bron Breaker will be champ though.

I think Reigns will drop the belt (Raw), and keep the SD Belt, until Summer Slam, where I think Drew gets it.

I just watched Cody's spot last night.  Very well done and I do think he wins the WWE Championship belt sooner rather than later.  It will be interesting to see where the Rollins-Rhode story line goes.

@mikeghg

#5791 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,633 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 05 April 2022 - 10:04 AM

Supposedly Rhodes made just one request when negotiating his character control before coming back to WWE.  No Star Dust character.

@mikeghg

#5792 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 05 April 2022 - 01:19 PM

I think Reigns will drop the belt (Raw), and keep the SD Belt, until Summer Slam, where I think Drew gets it.

I just watched Cody's spot last night. Very well done and I do think he wins the WWE Championship belt sooner rather than later. It will be interesting to see where the Rollins-Rhode story line goes.

I thought they were merging the titles into one. No?
@BSLMikeRandall

#5793 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,633 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 05 April 2022 - 08:30 PM

I thought they were merging the titles into one. No?

I don’t think so.  But truthfully who knows what they are up too..  On the Raw last night, Cody said he came back to win the WWE Championship.  Evidently Dusty won a match by count out where wrestling for the belt.  He showed a picture of Dusty holding the belt, which he did not get because of the count out.

@mikeghg

#5794 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,743 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 22 April 2022 - 05:56 AM

Shoemaker has a new special pod running on The Ringer right now called "The Book of Wrestling" 25 catch phrases that defined the attitude era.  Only a few episodes out so far, but it's worth checking out.

• Mike in STL likes this

#5795 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 22 April 2022 - 07:37 AM

Shoemaker has a new special pod running on The Ringer right now called "The Book of Wrestling" 25 catch phrases that defined the attitude era.  Only a few episodes out so far, but it's worth checking out.

Definitely. Especially the deep dive into the Austin craze that apparently really started like 7 months after his famous KOTR promo. But WWE has always told us that he hit superstardom on the Raw immediately after.

I hope it continues to be more things like that. Seen so many docs, and behind the scenes things now that are out there. Just when you thought you'd heard it all...

• DuffMan likes this
@BSLMikeRandall

#5796 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,156 posts

Posted 17 June 2022 - 01:13 PM

CBS Sports: Vince McMahon steps down as WWE CEO and chairman during investigation of alleged misconduct

https://www.cbssport...ged-misconduct/

#5797 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,633 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 17 June 2022 - 06:14 PM

CBS Sports: Vince McMahon steps down as WWE CEO and chairman during investigation of alleged misconduct

https://www.cbssport...ged-misconduct/

Acting like a sleeve ball can even force a billionaire out.

@mikeghg

#5798 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,378 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 18 June 2022 - 10:29 AM

Acting like a sleeve ball can even force a billionaire out.

Someone let Dan Snyder know.

• Mike B likes this
@JeremyMStrain

#5799 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,633 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 18 June 2022 - 06:06 PM

Someone let Dan Snyder know.