#5741 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,626 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 03 June 2021 - 09:55 AM

OOF. Braun and Black are going to come back to haunt them I think. Those are prime talents that were failed more by the horrible writing than anything else. I could see them both going and REALLY thriving at like AEW. Lana probably heads there too, cause you know, Miro.

If they sign them, and the rumored Daniel Bryan move...you might be about to see the revival of the Monday Night Wars.

I am not sure Vince is in a place where he wants to fight another war.  He is not dumb, he knows where top talent is going to wind up, when he makes cuts.   He seems to be downsizing.

He could be selling to Fox or NBC.

@mikeghg

#5742 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,377 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 03 June 2021 - 10:51 AM

I am not sure Vince is in a place where he wants to fight another war.  He is not dumb, he knows where top talent is going to wind up, when he makes cuts.   He seems to be downsizing.

He could be selling to Fox or NBC.

Yeah heavy rumor that he's about to sell it. I can't imagine him not passing it down especially with Steph, Shane and Hunter all capable. Seems a little odd whatever it is going on.

Unless you look at it like the stock market. You wanna drive the price up, you need competition to make you raise the bar. You aren't going to have any competition if you corner the market. If you pair some costs and give up some actual talent, you could get the other side decent enough to make people start tuning in to watch the difference. If they hit that level between them, something tells me demand would rise and would make it more valuable.

Just looking at it from a financial angle, I don't know how well the valuation would come out on it. Antoine would know better than me I think, I know enough to be dangerous on that side of things, but dont particularly like doing them. I just think that there's little prospects for growth, and after they sold the network that was a huge chunk of their value. Between that, a corporate restructure, and now cutting payroll is sure does point the direction of a sale though.

@JeremyMStrain

#5743 The Epic

The Epic

^^ That's my name. Don't wear it out.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,147 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 03 June 2021 - 11:38 AM

There was a rumor that there was a Khan speech that got shared by the people that got released? I'm not sure about it but given that they were revving up a Black angle and suddenly he gets released, it might hold water?

The Velveteen Dream release is...well...that was a long time coming. Not only was he apparently a jerk to the wrong people, but maybe he's a pedo? Like, there's accusations with a few screen shots but little corroboration but that stuff does not go away. 

Re: Jeremy, these guys aren't making a ton of money in the grand scheme...not enough to signal a sale. If the six of them combined made $3.5mm a year, I'd be shocked. Bad Bunny's Bugatti costs more than that, lol. The Peacock deal and the corporate restructuring were both very lucrative from a bottom-line standpoint, and completely dwarfs yesterday's personnel moves. To me, just based on the WWE structure going forward, WWE was just trimming fat to become more profitable and please the holders. They found redundancies and nixed them. I wouldn't look too much further.

In addition (and maybe this is just my opinion), Vince is one of those guys that would completely fall apart after losing the company. Like, that's his baby, more or less. You know how someone steps away from coaching and then their health suddenly nosedives? That's what I feel like would happen here. 

I could be wrong about this but that's just from a cursory glance at their numbers.

• Mike B likes this

#5744 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,626 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 03 June 2021 - 01:36 PM

There was a rumor that there was a Khan speech that got shared by the people that got released? I'm not sure about it but given that they were revving up a Black angle and suddenly he gets released, it might hold water?

The Velveteen Dream release is...well...that was a long time coming. Not only was he apparently a jerk to the wrong people, but maybe he's a pedo? Like, there's accusations with a few screen shots but little corroboration but that stuff does not go away. 

Re: Jeremy, these guys aren't making a ton of money in the grand scheme...not enough to signal a sale. If the six of them combined made $3.5mm a year, I'd be shocked. Bad Bunny's Bugatti costs more than that, lol. The Peacock deal and the corporate restructuring were both very lucrative from a bottom-line standpoint, and completely dwarfs yesterday's personnel moves. To me, just based on the WWE structure going forward, WWE was just trimming fat to become more profitable and please the holders. They found redundancies and nixed them. I wouldn't look too much further.

In addition (and maybe this is just my opinion), Vince is one of those guys that would completely fall apart after losing the company. Like, that's his baby, more or less. You know how someone steps away from coaching and then their health suddenly nosedives? That's what I feel like would happen here. 

I could be wrong about this but that's just from a cursory glance at their numbers.

A lot of good points here.  I guess time will tell.

@mikeghg

#5745 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,626 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 25 June 2021 - 01:12 PM

Finally got around to watching HITC.

Not bad at all.  Lashley and Drew really beat each other up.

@mikeghg

#5746 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 19 July 2021 - 08:42 AM

Heeeeeee's baaaaaaaaaaack. 

Watched my first PPV since WM. I think I picked a good one. Before that it was the last WM. So I have some questions. 

Did Charlotte have plastic surgery or a nose job or something? She looks way different. 

Alexa Bliss...um...what is her character now? Same with Nikki Cross. Was female Dean Ambrose not working out?

Some big names in that mens MITB match. Like really big. Feel like it's usually reserved for the next tier guys to get a push. Not Seth Rollins and the like.

Big E doing singles work now, is New Day gone? I guess Kofi had been a singles guy since his title run. Had a the title match last night (Also doesn't deserve squash match treatment. WTF was that last night? May be my only gripe about the PPV).

Ricochet...are they going to give that guy a push for christ sake!? His work rate was off the charts 18 months ago when I checked out. And It looks even better, if that was even possible! 

"We want Becky" chants during Charlotte/Ripley? Ouch. Crew in the truck cut that out quick. Was a great match though. TBH, I want Becky too. Thought she would be the one making a return. 

Still not a Roman Reigns guy. I was chanting "boring" to myself on the couch until about the last 5 minutes of that match. Watched the first 15 minutes of smackdown with the fans back. I think it took 13 minutes for Roman just to get to the ring, and I turned it back off.

@BSLMikeRandall

#5747 Russ

Russ

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,296 posts

Posted 19 July 2021 - 12:13 PM

Watched my first PPV since WM. I think I picked a good one. Before that it was the last WM. So I have some questions.

Did Charlotte have plastic surgery or a nose job or something? She looks way different.
Alexa Bliss...um...what is her character now? Same with Nikki Cross. Was female Dean Ambrose not working out?
Some big names in that mens MITB match. Like really big. Feel like it's usually reserved for the next tier guys to get a push. Not Seth Rollins and the like.
Big E doing singles work now, is New Day gone? I guess Kofi had been a singles guy since his title run. Had a the title match last night (Also doesn't deserve squash match treatment. WTF was that last night? May be my only gripe about the PPV).
Ricochet...are they going to give that guy a push for christ sake!? His work rate was off the charts 18 months ago when I checked out. And It looks even better, if that was even possible!
"We want Becky" chants during Charlotte/Ripley? Ouch. Crew in the truck cut that out quick. Was a great match though. TBH, I want Becky too. Thought she would be the one making a return.
Still not a Roman Reigns guy. I was chanting "boring" to myself on the couch until about the last 5 minutes of that match. Watched the first 15 minutes of smackdown with the fans back. I think it took 13 minutes for Roman just to get to the ring, and I turned it back off.

Strong PPV.

Charlotte had more plastic surgery.

Alexa Bliss is teamed up with the Fiend who hasn’t been seen since Wrestlemania I think.

Big E got drafted to Smackdown. The New Day is still a thing. Kofi and Woods team up on Raw. Woods beat Lashley in a non- title match which led to Lashley thinking he had gone soft. He destroyed MVP’s set and got pissed off. That led to the Kofi squash.

Ricochet is acrobatic. I don’t think he’s a good wrestler. Poor talker as well.

Charlotte and Rhea was a great match.
  • Mike in STL likes this

#5748 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,626 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 19 July 2021 - 01:08 PM

I think the Reigns character is the best thing going for the WWE right now.  He is a heel character and has generated a lot of heat.

Cena, looks like he is excellent shape.  We watched the MITB last night and at the end when Edge and  Seth fought their way off the screen, it was clear something was coming.  I turned to my son and said, here comes Cena, and about 30 seconds later his music hit.  The crowd went nuts.   He is supposed to be on Raw tonight.

Becky has been at the performance center for about a month.  I suspect she is at SS.  If not sooner.

The Men's MITB match was very good, the Woman's MITB okay.

Charlotte supposedly has had a few cosmetic surgeries. 

Her and Ripley did a good job IMO.

Nice to see Big E get a push.  

Given the squash match between Kofi and Lashley, I assume Big E and Lashley will be a feud shortly.

Edge and Rollins will likely be feuding.

• Mike in STL likes this
@mikeghg

#5749 Russ

Russ

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,296 posts

Posted 01 August 2021 - 07:11 AM

Bray Wyatt released yesterday due to budget cuts.

#5750 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,626 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 02 August 2021 - 11:53 AM

Bray Wyatt released yesterday due to budget cuts.

They gave his gimmick to the hot Blonde, months ago.  I am surprised it took them this long.

@mikeghg

#5751 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,729 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 17 September 2021 - 11:05 AM

Haven't watched in a long while but happy to read that Big E cashed in to become champ.  Long overdue.

• Mike in STL likes this

#5752 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,626 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 19 September 2021 - 03:03 PM

Haven't watched in a long while but happy to read that Big E cashed in to become champ.  Long overdue.

They actually did it the right way.   Big E looked thrilled.

@mikeghg

#5753 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 27 September 2021 - 09:51 PM

I’m sorry. Extreme Rules was shorter than an episode of Raw, and featured only one match that was no DQ?

Who the hell is writing this crap?

The top turnbuckle snaps under the massive weight of…170 pound Finn Balor. Smart.
@BSLMikeRandall

#5754 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,626 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 28 September 2021 - 10:24 AM

I’m sorry. Extreme Rules was shorter than an episode of Raw, and featured only one match that was no DQ?

Who the hell is writing this crap?

The top turnbuckle snaps under the massive weight of…170 pound Finn Balor. Smart.

I liked the show.  I thought the matches were good.  I do agree that the endings left something to be desired but the show was entertaining, at least to me.

I think the show was a B.

@mikeghg

#5755 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 28 September 2021 - 12:34 PM

I liked the show. I thought the matches were good. I do agree that the endings left something to be desired but the show was entertaining, at least to me.

I think the show was a B.

The opening trios match was great.

I think Charlotte is, getting old. The Alexa ending should have been her changing back to her old self. The two minutes of emotion had me sucked in, wondering what would happen. Instead it was two minutes of her trying to figure out how alka seltzer works.

I’m not buying heel Becky at all. It’s like when they tried to make Stone Cold a heel. Just, no.

I liked the red light gimmick with Balor, until the turnbuckle snap. Him going ballistic on Reigns with the table and the chair and beating the hell out of him is basically how you take the title off a guy who proves to be unbeatable right now. All that beating him to death, and they didn’t pay it off. Reigns was beat to crap but hits a spear to win 15 seconds later. Just not buying that either. Great storytelling in the match. Wrong ending.
@BSLMikeRandall

#5756 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,729 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 20 October 2021 - 09:56 AM

Flipping through Raw the other day and I saw my man Dolph Ziggler.  Honestly I am surprised he's still around based on some of the other guys that they have let go.    He was in a tag match with Bobby Roode competing against Big E  and McIntyre.  Kind of funny because the first thing I thought of was when Dolphy was the big heel and Big E was his muscle.

#5757 Russ

Russ

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,296 posts

Posted 20 October 2021 - 10:13 AM

The WWE product is incredibly bad right now. Like 1993 bad.
  • Mike in STL likes this

#5758 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 20 October 2021 - 11:53 AM

They are a Wrestlemania headlined by NFL players who beat their own wrestlers in a match away from rock bottom.

@BSLMikeRandall

#5759 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,377 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 20 October 2021 - 11:54 AM

Yo, don't you speak ill of the Narcissist Lex Luger. Or Yokozuna, the Samoan Japanese Sumo Champion. Why did they even still do gimmicks back then? Like they didn't know people would figure it out eventually???

@JeremyMStrain

#5760 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 20 October 2021 - 12:10 PM

I mean, is there anything exciting about Crown Jewel? Ignoring the million pound elephant in the room surrounding human rights over there, which we'll be reminded of when the women have to wrestle in 5XL tall t-shirts.

If it wasn't a house show for Saudi princes, Roman/Brock ends in chorus of "this is boring" and boos for the fourth or fifth time.

Rollins/Edge in Hell in a Cell is the only thing I'll be interested in seeing bell to bell.

@BSLMikeRandall

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=