^^ That's my name. Don't wear it out.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,147 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 26 October 2020 - 01:16 PM

Any objection to PPV spoilers here?

Nah, I'm fine with it tbh.

I didn't watch due to SPORTS! but I still wanna know.

#5603 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,626 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 26 October 2020 - 01:26 PM

Nah, I'm fine with it tbh.

I didn't watch due to SPORTS! but I still wanna know.

Watched it this morning in the office.   That is the benefit of the network.

@mikeghg

#5604 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,626 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 26 October 2020 - 01:28 PM

Is that 16 for Orton now?

I think 14.

Orton when motivated is still good.  Not sure about putting the belt on him, but whatever.  I wonder if Drew is taking time off.

@mikeghg

#5605 Russ

Russ

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,296 posts

Posted 26 October 2020 - 01:39 PM

The Roman/Jey Uso match is getting a lot of love from the internet, but it was almost the exact same thing as Clash of Champion except with Jey saving Jimmy this time around.  Paul Heyman looked at Roman like he'd never seen Roman act like that before so obviously he doesn't have a WWE Network subscription.  The Wild Samoans showing up was a nice touch, though.

#5606 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,377 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 26 October 2020 - 01:46 PM

I think 14.

Orton when motivated is still good.  Not sure about putting the belt on him, but whatever.  I wonder if Drew is taking time off.

Usually when there's a move and you aren't sure why they did it, it's about the next guy, not the current one. If they didn't want a face up against Drew, then they have him drop it, and then it's an easy feud for Randy. I think he'll carry it through Royal Rumble at least, possibly all the way to WM if they want to build a big enough one, but I thought word for a while was that Miz is going to be in that title match at WM, so makes more sense if Randy has a program with whoever is going to face Miz, and drops it to them at or right after the Rumble, and then Miz faces that person at WM. AJ Styles maybe? Could see an Orton/Styles feud for a couple months, and then Styles/Miz at Mania. Underrated, but I bet it'd be a great match.

Kofi would have been a GREAT choice, but seems like they are running that Tag circuit again. Kofi/Orton again with their history, and then Kofi/Miz would have been pretty great. I guess with Miz having the bank contract now though it could be anyone and he just slips in and steals it at the Rumble.

I feel like Drew and Shaemus are about to have a program...although I almost would have rather seen them as a tag team. Keith Lee would have been my choice to be up in that Orton title picture now, but seems like he and Braun are about to entertain each other for a couple months. Probably one eliminates the other at RR, and then they both end up in the Elimination Chamber.

@JeremyMStrain

#5607 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,626 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 26 October 2020 - 01:46 PM

The Roman/Jey Uso match is getting a lot of love from the internet, but it was almost the exact same thing as Clash of Champion except with Jey saving Jimmy this time around.  Paul Heyman looked at Roman like he'd never seen Roman act like that before so obviously he doesn't have a WWE Network subscription.  The Wild Samoans showing up was a nice touch, though.

I thought the match was excellent.  With all the family talk, I expected the Samoans.  I think in some ways, the idea that Reigns supports the family beared a little truth.  The Samoans got a check last night to be sure.

@mikeghg

#5608 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,626 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 26 October 2020 - 01:47 PM

Usually when there's a move and you aren't sure why they did it, it's about the next guy, not the current one. If they didn't want a face up against Drew, then they have him drop it, and then it's an easy feud for Randy. I think he'll carry it through Royal Rumble at least, possibly all the way to WM if they want to build a big enough one, but I thought word for a while was that Miz is going to be in that title match at WM, so makes more sense if Randy has a program with whoever is going to face Miz, and drops it to them at or right after the Rumble, and then Miz faces that person at WM. AJ Styles maybe? Could see an Orton/Styles feud for a couple months, and then Styles/Miz at Mania. Underrated, but I bet it'd be a great match.

Kofi would have been a GREAT choice, but seems like they are running that Tag circuit again. Kofi/Orton again with their history, and then Kofi/Miz would have been pretty great. I guess with Miz having the bank contract now though it could be anyone and he just slips in and steals it at the Rumble.

I feel like Drew and Shaemus are about to have a program...although I almost would have rather seen them as a tag team. Keith Lee would have been my choice to be up in that Orton title picture now, but seems like he and Braun are about to entertain each other for a couple months. Probably one eliminates the other at RR, and then they both end up in the Elimination Chamber.

Orton holds to WM and loses it to Edge.  That is so Vince.

• Russ likes this
@mikeghg

#5609 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,377 posts

Posted 26 October 2020 - 01:56 PM

I thought the match was excellent.  With all the family talk, I expected the Samoans.  I think in some ways, the idea that Reigns supports the family beared a little truth.  The Samoans got a check last night to be sure.

So how do they go from there? I mean, you got Nia and Tamina they can bring in. There are a small handful of indy guys in the family they could bring in. Lance. Samu, Manu.

I wonder if they don't use this, and Rock against Roman as a way to debut Simone (The Rock's daughter who is has been training for a couple months with WWE already). She'd be young, I think she's still 18, but not much different from Paige in that sense. With her bloodline, I could see her coming along quickly.

Side note, I always forget Umaga was part of the family too. I wish they would have done this angle back when you had Umaga, Rikishi and Rocky all active.

@JeremyMStrain

#5610 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,377 posts

Posted 26 October 2020 - 01:57 PM

Orton holds to WM and loses it to Edge.  That is so Vince.

Blah. Yeah it is.

Was really skeptical if Edge would try to give it another go after getting hurt so quick after trying to come back.

@JeremyMStrain

#5611 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,626 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 26 October 2020 - 05:12 PM

Blah. Yeah it is.

Was really skeptical if Edge would try to give it another go after getting hurt so quick after trying to come back.

He still may decide not to, but it probably got back in his blood and I think we will see him again.

The interesting part, is Vince's reluctance to move away from the old stars, gets in the way of establishing new ones.

@mikeghg

#5612 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,377 posts

Posted 26 October 2020 - 06:48 PM

He still may decide not to, but it probably got back in his blood and I think we will see him again.

The interesting part, is Vince's reluctance to move away from the old stars, gets in the way of establishing new ones.

That has been the case for decades. It was the reason WCW got a foothold (young guys jumping ship for lack of opportunity) and still happens today.
@JeremyMStrain

#5613 Russ

Russ

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,296 posts

Posted 26 October 2020 - 07:00 PM

Goldberg is the most egregious. Especially the win over Wyatt.
  • Mike B likes this

#5614 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,626 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 26 October 2020 - 08:33 PM

Goldberg is the most egregious. Especially the win over Wyatt.

Agreed, the first GB return was pretty well done, but, the second one was all about Saudi money

@mikeghg

#5615 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,729 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 12 November 2020 - 07:31 AM

I watched a bit of Raw the other night.  I saw the intro when Miz and Morrison made their way out,  they did this little slow mo thing with the camera while they were walking out.  I thought it looked pretty cool.

• Mike B likes this

#5616 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,626 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 12 November 2020 - 10:58 AM

I watched a bit of Raw the other night.  I saw the intro when Miz and Morrison made their way out,  they did this little slow mo thing with the camera while they were walking out.  I thought it looked pretty cool.

I only watched part of the show, but they are doing more and more with tech stuff to enhance the show.  Some of the story lines are growing stale though.

Orton-Drew has been done to death.

Same on SD with Rollins and the Mysterio family

@mikeghg

#5617 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,626 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 12 November 2020 - 11:00 AM

On the positive side the Reigns-Uso-Bryan story line has good potential.  Reigns has cut some of his best spots in recent weeks.

@mikeghg

#5618 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,626 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 23 November 2020 - 12:11 PM

Survivor Series was good last night.

The best match of the night, was New Day and the Street Profits.  Terrific match.

@mikeghg

#5619 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,626 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 23 November 2020 - 12:17 PM

Reigns and McIntire was also very good.  They really put on a show.  These two are the best thing going on their respective shows and they did not disappoint.

They will revisit this down the road.

Asuka and Sasha also put on a good show.

The two down matches MIMO were the Survivor matches.  The action was good, the way they had them unfold did not make a lot of sense.

@mikeghg

#5620 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,626 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 23 November 2020 - 12:24 PM

The Final Farewell to the Undertaker was good.  Many of the wrestlers of his generation came back.  HHH, HBK, Flair, Godfather JBL, Shane, Kane and others.  Undertaker, said it was no time for him to RIP.

@mikeghg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=