300 replies to this topic

#241 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,583 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 05 January 2016 - 01:38 PM

Houston is really showing it's serious about its football program, between Herman's big extension, winning a New Year's Six bowl and now this. Wonder how sustainable it is....Central Florida seemed to be on a similar trajectory and flamed out big time this season. Either way, I don't see Houston having a realistic opportunity to make a jump to the Power 5 with the Big 12 the only conference likely to expand in the foreseeable future, and their having no interest in another Texas school.

#242 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,368 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 06 January 2016 - 02:51 PM

CSN Mid-Atlantic: Texas WR decommits from Maryland after staff change

http://www.csnmidatl...er-staff-change

Two-star Texas wide receiver Evan Fairs has decommitted from Maryland, he announced via Twitter on Wednesday afternoon.

Not too surprising, as Keenan McCardell was in charge of Texas recruiting, and he's been replaced on the staff with Chris Beatty.

@BSLZackKiesel

#243 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,673 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 06 January 2016 - 03:01 PM

Not surprising to see the de-commits.  This is normal, during a coach change year.  2016 is likely to be rough, but Durkin seems to be building a good staff, flush with recruiters so the future should be brighter than the past couple of years under Edsal..

@mikeghg

#244 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,583 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 03:15 PM

From what I'm hearing, most of these decommits are players Durkin didn't have much interest in. They were already close to a full class before the hire, so these guys that have left are simply being replaced by the likes of Terrance Davis, Terrell Hall, and hopefully Trevon Diggs. That's a pretty good tradeoff. I really hope a couple of the Florida DBs Durkin offered recently come though, as that is obviously the position of greatest need right now.

#245 ChrisBengel

ChrisBengel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 05:14 AM

From what I'm hearing, most of these decommits are players Durkin didn't have much interest in. They were already close to a full class before the hire, so these guys that have left are simply being replaced by the likes of Terrance Davis, Terrell Hall, and hopefully Trevon Diggs. That's a pretty good tradeoff. I really hope a couple of the Florida DBs Durkin offered recently come though, as that is obviously the position of greatest need right now.

This type of turnover is certainly to be expected. Edsall had a knack for offering fringe three-star guys that most DI schools weren't even looking at. While it's nice to have some depth, it's also great to see a coach reaching for the stars like Durkin. Creating relationships in states like Florida where Maryland hasn't recruited a ton in recent years, is definitely awesome to see.

Has Maryland ever had a talented defensive back from Florida? Nobody comes to mind :-P

• BSLChrisStoner likes this

#246 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,368 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 08 January 2016 - 05:36 PM

InsideMDSports: Terps Suffer Another Decommitment

http://maryland.247s...itment-42663834

3-star DL Joey Fisher decommited today after he was told by the new staff that he would be moving to tight end or the offensive line.

@BSLZackKiesel

#247 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,583 posts

Posted 10 January 2016 - 11:10 PM

247 Sports: Terrell Hall Set To Visit Maryland

• BaltBird 24 likes this

#248 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,583 posts

Posted 13 January 2016 - 02:54 PM

Per 247Sports, Michael Clark (3-star OT from PA) has de-comitted from MD. Meanwhile, 4-star OT Javon Kinlaw is making an official visit to MD next week....he's committed to S Carolina, but made the commitment while Spurrier was still there.

No surprise that some recruits have moved on after the coaching change, but it's really encouraging to see that they are potentially being replaced by higher-rated ones, especially with only a month left to sign.

#249 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,183 posts

Posted 13 January 2016 - 03:14 PM

Haven't most of the decommitments been in response to Durkin & Co. saying "thanks but no thanks"?

#250 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,583 posts

Posted 13 January 2016 - 03:26 PM

Haven't most of the decommitments been in response to Durkin & Co. saying "thanks but no thanks"?

Seems that way. I read somewhere that Parnell Motley was the only one they really hoped to keep.

#251 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,368 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 14 January 2016 - 12:57 AM

Terrapin Station MD: Jake Funk set to enroll early

http://terrapinstati...o-enroll-early/

He rushed for 270 yards and 7 touchdowns in the Maryland Class 3A state title game, and is one of the best running backs in the state (along with fellow Maryland commit Lorenzo Harrison).

DL Adam McLean and P Wade Lees (#goturps) will also be enrolling early.

@BSLZackKiesel

#252 clapdiddy

clapdiddy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 874 posts

Posted 15 January 2016 - 10:17 AM

Sounds like Haskins has a visit scheduled to LSU coming up.  Also, many of the 247 crystal balls are trending to Ohio State for him.   

I would guess he's going somewhere else, which is I guess why they are looking at other QB's.

#253 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,737 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 15 January 2016 - 10:27 AM

I am so sick of hearing about this guy at this point.

He's never taken a college snap.  He should not be dominating the news like he is.

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#254 clapdiddy

clapdiddy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 874 posts

Posted 15 January 2016 - 10:46 AM

He's never taken a college snap.  He should not be dominating the news like he is.

Agreed.   I don't hold anything against him, I would just like to get a yea or nay.   If he goes somewhere else, I hope he does well.

• You Play to Win the Game likes this

#255 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,583 posts

Posted 15 January 2016 - 12:04 PM

Here is a perfect example of why I'm getting burnt out on this whole recruiting thing. These "insiders" will say anything for attention, no matter what.

Bft7GXg.png?1

Now, theoretically I suppose it is possible that Syracuse is going to Bullis to see someone other than Haskins, but I seriously doubt they would go there and not at least try to meet with him. So at least one of these guys is flat out wrong, if not both of them. Thing is, I wish I could just look away and ignore it, but I keep coming back. Ugh.

#256 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,368 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 15 January 2016 - 12:23 PM

Not too familiar with McAllister, but I trust Friedman. Talked to him many times, he's always been correct in his information.

@BSLZackKiesel

#257 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,368 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 15 January 2016 - 12:30 PM

Also, 5-star DE Terrell Hall is taking his official visit to Maryland tomorrow (he'll be at the basketball game).

@BSLZackKiesel

#258 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,583 posts

Posted 15 January 2016 - 01:47 PM

Perhaps another CB target? No question Durkin would be very familiar with him....maybe he was just being respectful towards his former employer by not going after Scott sooner.

Detroit Free Press: Maryland cornerback Scott decommits from U-M

#259 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,598 posts

Posted 15 January 2016 - 04:58 PM

247 Sports: All Time (Since 2000) High School Football Team Talent Composite

http://247sports.com...TalentComposite

DeMatha 4th, Good Counsel 15th, Gilman 48th

#260 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,577 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 15 January 2016 - 05:02 PM

Agreed.   I don't hold anything against him, I would just like to get a yea or nay.   If he goes somewhere else, I hope he does well.

Perfectly said. No chance MD fans aren't complete assholes when he commits elsewhere, but I really hope that isn't the case somehow. Reeling in another quality QB would help, I think.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=