128 replies to this topic

#41 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 11 November 2015 - 12:08 PM

Miss St is expected to get the nod on Kegler. Interesting to see what the plan is going forward. Leave the class at two and load up in '17 or try to find someone in the spring 

#42 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,243 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 11 November 2015 - 12:14 PM

Howland is going to make Mississippi St. a contender. Same with Bruce Pearl in Auburn.

SEC will be a lot deeper in 2-3 years.

#43 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 11 November 2015 - 01:11 PM

Howland is going to make Mississippi St. a contender. Same with Bruce Pearl in Auburn.

SEC will be a lot deeper in 2-3 years.

Hard for me to see Auburn as a contender.

#44 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,243 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 11 November 2015 - 01:37 PM

Do you mean this year or in the future, Rob?

I think they're positioned great in the future. Pearl already has a top 15 2016 recruiting class. I expect that to continue.

#45 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 11 November 2015 - 02:00 PM

Do you mean this year or in the future, Rob?

I think they're positioned great in the future. Pearl already has a top 15 2016 recruiting class. I expect that to continue.

Long term.

But I guess it depends on how you define contender.

Also, if the program does get turned around, he will probably leave for a better job.

#46 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,356 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 11 November 2015 - 02:50 PM

Kegler to Mississippi State.

@BSLZackKiesel

#47 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 12 November 2015 - 10:45 AM

Scout.com listed MD as the #25 class for 2016. Michigan State was #2. Surprising to see Penn State at #13 and Minnesota #20.

With Trimble likely gone, Stone probably one and done, is there cause for concern with some lesser programs recruiting better?
Or should I say, is this MD's best shot at the Final Four for a few years?
@BSLMikeRandall

#48 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,294 posts

Posted 12 November 2015 - 10:49 AM

Scout.com listed MD as the #25 class for 2016. Michigan State was #2. Surprising to see Penn State at #13 and Minnesota #20.

With Trimble likely gone, Stone probably one and done, is there cause for concern with some lesser programs recruiting better?
Or should I say, is this MD's best shot at the Final Four for a few years?

Trimble will be gone. Definitely not a forgone conclusion that Stone, and Carter will be.

Obviously what happens there with them (and if MD adds anyone else in the Class of '16) will have huge impacts on '16-'17.... but the on-floor success MD should have here in '15-'16 has a great chance to be a spring board to major recruiting success for the '17 class.

Let's say Stone and Carter returned for '16-'17...

Guards: Cowan, Wiley, Brantley, Huerter
Wings: Nickens
Bigs: Stone, Carter, Dodd, Cekovsky, Bender

That team can still do damage.

It is disappointing MD hasn't been able to get another wing... but the biggest prize Josh Jackson remains out there. Steps down from Jackson, but still interesting is Micah Thomas, who MD is definitely in play for.

• Mike in STL likes this

#49 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,992 posts

Posted 12 November 2015 - 11:23 AM

Stone's more likely to go than Trimble, IMO.  I think both are well over 50% to be gone, though.  Carter I don't think is particularly likely to go.  He strikes me more as a really good college player who doesn't quite have the size for the 4 or the skills for the 3 in the NBA, or at least not enough of those to be an early entrant into the NBA.

We've already got two top-100 guys signed.  I imagine we'll be adding more, hopefully can land an elite level stud but at the very least I think we can fill out and still be a good squad.  But I do think it's very likely that this year's team looks way better on paper than any team will over the next several seasons.  It's really difficult to look this good on paper.

• BobPhelan likes this

#50 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,294 posts

Posted 11 December 2015 - 05:13 PM

IMS: Two Five-Star Maryland Basketball Recruits on Campus

http://maryland.247s...Campus-41948034

• Mike in STL likes this

#51 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,535 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 24 January 2016 - 11:27 AM

Terps PG commit (#65 overall) Anthony Cowan dropped 40 last night against the 20th overall PG Kobi Simmons (Arizona commit). Simmons had 22.

http://maryland.247s...Commit-43087151
  • BSLMikeLowe likes this

#52 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,294 posts

Posted 24 January 2016 - 01:11 PM

Terps PG commit (#65 overall) Anthony Cowan dropped 40 last night against the 20th overall PG Kobi Simmons (Arizona commit). Simmons had 22.

http://maryland.247s...Commit-43087151

Definitely believe Cowan is going to be able to score right away... question will be how ready he is to run the offense.

#53 AndrewFeather

AndrewFeather

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 26 February 2016 - 08:17 PM

BSL: Maryland Recruiting Update: Where signees fit and potential Terps’ recruits

http://baltimorespor...terps-recruits/

With a likely talent exodus coming for the Maryland men’s basketball team, we take a look at where current commits fit into the picture and 2016 and 2017 recruits that are on the Terps radar.

• BSLChrisStoner, BSLZackKiesel and Mike B like this

#54 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,646 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 27 February 2016 - 10:38 AM

I think Maryland will be young next year, which might make people enjoy the season more than they have this year.

I like the idea that Turgeon makes a big push for a point guard every year, and am looking forward to seeing Cowan and Huerter.

I think we will more than likely see a 5th year senior again next year transfer in.

@mikeghg

#55 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,294 posts

Posted 29 February 2016 - 06:55 PM

Jackson down to Michigan State, Arizona, and Kansas...  darn. Hopefully doesn't join Izzo.

#56 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,294 posts

Posted 01 March 2016 - 06:26 PM

NBC Sports / CBT: Five-star 2016 wing Terrance Ferguson decommits from Alabama
http://collegebasket...s-from-alabama/

Maryland said to be involved here per Inside MD Sports. That obviously would be big.

#57 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,992 posts

Posted 01 March 2016 - 08:11 PM

Interesting...does he fit with Huerter already in the fold (meaning would he worry he wouldn't be the man here)? Sound like similar body types if not exactly similar games.

#58 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,294 posts

Posted 01 March 2016 - 08:15 PM

Interesting...does he fit with Huerter already in the fold (meaning would he worry he wouldn't be the man here)? Sound like similar body types if not exactly similar games.

Think they could probably co-exist fine as the 2 and 3...  do have people on Twitter telling me to already forget about Ferguson though, that he's highly likely to go to Kansas...   will have to look for more info.

#59 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,992 posts

Posted 01 March 2016 - 08:18 PM

Forget about someone I just heard of? That's cold.
  • BSLChrisStoner likes this

#60 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,294 posts

Posted 01 March 2016 - 09:57 PM

IMS: Report: Terps Among Six Schools in Running for 2016 Five-Star
http://maryland.247s...e-Star-44024728

IMS has confirmed reports that Maryland is interested in 2016 five-star small forward Terrance Ferguson.

Earlier today, Ferguson decommitted from Alabama. According to a report by ESPN, Ferguson is now considering six schools: Maryland, Kansas, Baylor, Texas, Arizona and Alabama.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=