#41 Roll Tide

Roll Tide

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 26 February 2015 - 07:37 AM

Any interest in Reggie Bush? He was cut by the Lions after a good year in 2013 and a down year due to injuries in 2014. Despite playing most of his games after week 5 with an ankle injury Bush still had a high YPC.

I think I'd be interested at the right price.
Roll Tide

#42 Miller192

Miller192

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 10:45 AM

Some things I was told this morning.

Lardarius Webb is getting pretty close to an extension.  Wouldn't be surprised if it happened today.  They have been trading proposals this morning.

Extension talks are not going well with Haloti at the moment.

Torrey is likely gone.  

Canty was told by Friday that he'll know what his status is.

It's still early and its pretty fluid

• BSLChrisStoner, SportsGuy, MKlein76 and 2 others like this
@Miller192

#43 JordanKough

JordanKough

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 10:49 AM

Does Webb "extension" mean paycut? Restructuring money into the back end of his deal seems a bit dangerous given his health history.

#44 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 26 February 2015 - 10:55 AM

Some things I was told this morning.

Lardarius Webb is getting pretty close to an extension. Wouldn't be surprised if it happened today. They have been trading proposals this morning.

Extension talks are not going well with Haloti at the moment.

Torrey is likely gone.

Canty was told by Friday that he'll know what his status is.

It's still early and its pretty fluid

Interesting. You can't overpay for Haloti or T Smith and I agree with Jordan about Webb...have to think he's getting a pay cut.

#45 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,015 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 11:02 AM

I think we can cut Haloti and then match the best offer he gets from any other team and still save cap space.  If he won't play ball on an extension, let him test his value on the market coming off of that PED suspension.  I think he'll be disappointed.

• DuffMan likes this

#46 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,295 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 11:17 AM

I think we can cut Haloti and then match the best offer he gets from any other team and still save cap space.  If he won't play ball on an extension, let him test his value on the market coming off of that PED suspension.  I think he'll be disappointed.

I think you'd be disappointed by the result of that before him. His test was positive for Adderall. That doesn't have the same stigma of steroids or HGH. And he still plays at a top level and isn't that old for his position. He'll still get a high contract on the open market.

#47 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 26 February 2015 - 12:06 PM

I think you'd be disappointed by the result of that before him. His test was positive for Adderall. That doesn't have the same stigma of steroids or HGH. And he still plays at a top level and isn't that old for his position. He'll still get a high contract on the open market.

I also think he will get a good deal in free agency.

But I also won't be upset if he is gone.

I like him and he is still very good at what he does but we have the talent and depth to get over that loss.

#48 GabeFerguson

GabeFerguson

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,798 posts
  • LocationCity of Angels

Posted 26 February 2015 - 01:04 PM

I'm surprised the Ravens are willing to extend Webb. Obviously I have no idea what the terms look like, but his health is a major concern to me. Giving him more guaranteed money is a dangerous proposition.

@gabefergy

#49 GabeFerguson

GabeFerguson

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,798 posts
  • LocationCity of Angels

Posted 26 February 2015 - 01:07 PM

Any interest in Reggie Bush? He was cut by the Lions after a good year in 2013 and a down year due to injuries in 2014. Despite playing most of his games after week 5 with an ankle injury Bush still had a high YPC.

I think I'd be interested at the right price.

I think he would have to come very cheap. He's more of a 3rd down back so if he is willing to come for that role and at a small pricetag I think he could have some usefulness. I never really liked him as an actual RB - poor vision, lacks decisiveness etc.

@gabefergy

#50 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,295 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 01:07 PM

I'm surprised the Ravens are willing to extend Webb. Obviously I have no idea what the terms look like, but his health is a major concern to me. Giving him more guaranteed money is a dangerous proposition.

I'm guessing it will lower the Ravens cap number more to extend than to outright release him.

#51 Dupin

Dupin

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,317 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 01:18 PM

Completely agree. He's a liability right now, I don't like the idea of doubling down.

The other stuff shouldn't be a surprise to anyone.

#52 GabeFerguson

GabeFerguson

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,798 posts
  • LocationCity of Angels

Posted 26 February 2015 - 01:20 PM

I'm guessing it will lower the Ravens cap number more to extend than to outright release him.

It would, but it also is a huge gamble on his future health/performance. I don't want to pass judgment until I see the numbers but giving more guaranteed money to a player who has problems staying on the field and also has shown decline when actually playing is a concern to me.

@gabefergy

#53 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 26 February 2015 - 01:42 PM

Im not worried about Webb's performance.  He was fine when he got healthy last year and I think he would transition well to safety.

I am worried about the health though.  Backs are very tricky.

#54 Bmore Irish

Bmore Irish

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,635 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 01:44 PM

Chiefs will reportedly be releasing Anthony Fasano. A veteran the Ravens might be interested in?

#55 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 02:41 PM

Agree. Don't like it.

#56 JordanKough

JordanKough

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 02:49 PM

Let's wait for new terms before we get our Webb panties all up in a bunch. If it's just moving money down the road, I think we all agree it's a mistake. But if it incorporates a paycut or changes in bonuses to not guarantee him as much in the future, I think we would all be for that (I can't see a scenario where that's not the Ravens focus right now). 

#57 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,015 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 03:03 PM

Webbed panties?

• JordanKough likes this

#58 JordanKough

JordanKough

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 03:19 PM

Webbed panties?

Mackus I always knew you had a fun side to you :).

#59 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 03:24 PM

It makes no sense giving Webb more guaranteed money.

I figured Ngata might be a bit tricky. He just has more market value than he does to the Ravens because they have depth on the DL. He'll still get a very nice contract on the open market.

Surprised Canty hasn't been let go. Maybe he is Ngata insurance.

#60 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 04:00 PM

An extension at this point with Webb should equal pay cut. If he isnt taking less money, it means theu would have to guarantee him give or take $23M, IIRC, to make up for the base salary he would lose out on playing out his existing deal. That much guaranteed means too big a deal, IMO.
@BSLMikeRandall

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=