#21 GabeFerguson

GabeFerguson

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,798 posts
  • LocationCity of Angels

Posted 02 February 2015 - 07:59 PM

Well it's all over the radio ...his dog got chewed up by his pet alligator that he wasn't feeding. He took the injured dog to the vet and they called the police. What a flipping idiot!!!

Wow, that is awful. 

@gabefergy

#22 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,851 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 08:23 PM

I call BS. I'm pretty sure if they do DNA testing they'll actually come to find that it was Terrence Cody who was snacking on his pet dog. 

• SammyBirdland likes this

#23 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts
  • LocationBeautiful Bel Air, MD

Posted 02 February 2015 - 08:31 PM

If that's the case, it does sound like he technically wasn't being cruel to the dog.

However, if you are dumb enough to:

1) Get a pet alligator,

2) Get a pet alligator illegally, and 

3) Get a pet alligator illegally and not feed the damn thing,

you deserve to be prosecuted and punished with cruelty for your stupidity.

I call BS. I'm pretty sure if they do DNA testing they'll actually come to find that it was Terrence Cody who was snacking on his pet dog. 

Well, when you run out of Esskay, what else would you do?

@DJ_McCann

#24 Roll Tide

Roll Tide

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 06 February 2015 - 06:59 AM

In other news Oher was cut by Titans after one miserable season.
Roll Tide

#25 ChaosLex

ChaosLex

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,836 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 12:35 PM

When looking at the Ravens' biggest needs, keep an eye on the potential releases of Tampa Bay wide receiver Vincent Jackson, San Francisco tight end Vernon Davis, New York Jets running back Chris Johnson, Carolina running back DeAngelo Williams, Oakland safety Tyvon Branch and Eagles cornerback Cary Williams." - Jamison Hensley, ESPN

@ChaosLex

Stannis Baratheon: "For the night is dark and full of terrors."

#26 Icterus galbula

Icterus galbula

Half-Member, Half-Amazing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,224 posts
  • LocationThe Big Easy

Posted 06 February 2015 - 12:52 PM

Jackson and Branch are the only two on that list I might have interest in.

#27 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 01:08 PM

Would welcome Williams back at the right vet price. Same with Vernon Davis. Jackson is an obvious yes. 

#28 Dupin

Dupin

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,317 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 01:14 PM

If Pitta is done, Davis would be a good complement to Gilmore. I'd prefer Marshall if given the choice, but Jackson is also an interesting option.

#29 JordanKough

JordanKough

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 01:41 PM

I want Davis to land here, but if I had to pick a favorite I'd say he ends up in Washington with McLoughan. Gruden liked to work with two tight ends and Davis/Reed would be a nice combo. He's from the area and McLoughan drafted him. I think we're on a short list of teams that could be considered favorites too though. I just think the Skins are a bit ahead of us.

#30 Icterus galbula

Icterus galbula

Half-Member, Half-Amazing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,224 posts
  • LocationThe Big Easy

Posted 06 February 2015 - 01:44 PM

Vernon Davis was absolutely awful last year. Only 245 yards and PFF had him as one of the worst run blocking TEs. I'd rather go another route, it might be over for him.

#31 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,339 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 09:13 PM

Baltimore Beatdown: Report: Ravens center Jeremy Zuttah undergoes hip surgery to take out bone spurs

http://www.baltimore...ery-to-take-out

#32 Roll Tide

Roll Tide

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 09 February 2015 - 09:51 PM

Baltimore Beatdown: Report: Ravens center Jeremy Zuttah undergoes hip surgery to take out bone spurs
http://www.baltimore...ery-to-take-out

Personally I'm not a fan of Zuttah ....he seemed to get pushed around.
Roll Tide

#33 JordanKough

JordanKough

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 07:41 AM

Vernon Davis was absolutely awful last year. Only 245 yards and PFF had him as one of the worst run blocking TEs. I'd rather go another route, it might be over for him.

If we're evaluating him on last year alone, sure. I'd just say the prior year he was quite good and sometimes there are fluke years. We have a need at TE and if he gets cut and the market dictates what you're saying and the Ravens clear him, I'd be OK with it. 

It's nice that you can trust the front office in their evaluation at this point and feel good about the chances they might take. Steve Smith was a guy who had a very clear decline before he signed here and still bounced back and the same could be said about him.

I also saw on Twitter he's thinking about bringing back the dreads. Talk about going back to the Maryland days!

#34 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 07:59 AM

Urschal should be given every chance to compete awith Zuttah for the starting gig. 

#35 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 10 February 2015 - 01:43 PM

Urschal should be given every chance to compete awith Zuttah for the starting gig.

And he will.

Urschel will start at center at some point in 2015 imo.

The OLine is very deep right now.

#36 Roll Tide

Roll Tide

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 10 February 2015 - 09:25 PM

And he will.
Urschel will start at center at some point in 2015 imo.
The OLine is very deep right now.

I expect Gradkowski to be cap casualty. He's making too much money for a guy who will never play.

C Gino Gradkowski: $1.695 million cap hit; release creates $1.574 million in cap space
  • Greg Pappas and Biggsy like this
Roll Tide

#37 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,295 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 04:32 PM

I expect Gradkowski to be cap casualty. He's making too much money for a guy who will never play.
C Gino Gradkowski: $1.695 million cap hit; release creates $1.574 million in cap space

Other than versatility, I see no legitimate reason to keep him on the payroll.

#38 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,022 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 04:46 PM

Those numbers don't sound right.

His base salary for next season is $660k, the final year of his rookie contract.  That's what we'll save by cutting him.  Replacing him on the roster will cost a minimum salary of $435k next year, so the net savings is really only about $225k.  Gradkowski is awful, so that's probably still worth doing, I imagine we can find an undrafted FA who's as "good" as he is.

• Icterus galbula likes this

#39 GabeFerguson

GabeFerguson

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,798 posts
  • LocationCity of Angels

Posted 11 February 2015 - 07:33 PM

His base salary for next season is $660k, the final year of his rookie contract. That's what we'll save by cutting him. Replacing him on the roster will cost a minimum salary of $435k next year, so the net savings is really only about $225k. Gradkowski is awful, so that's probably still worth doing, I imagine we can find an undrafted FA who's as "good" as he is.

He got a pay bump due to his time as a starter last season.
@gabefergy

#40 Roll Tide

Roll Tide

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 12 February 2015 - 12:23 AM

His base salary for next season is $660k, the final year of his rookie contract.  That's what we'll save by cutting him.  Replacing him on the roster will cost a minimum salary of $435k next year, so the net savings is really only about $225k.  Gradkowski is awful, so that's probably still worth doing, I imagine we can find an undrafted FA who's as "good" as he is.

Here it is.....

http://www.baltimore...66-a5bc5b07d149
Roll Tide

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=