374 replies to this topic

#21 JordanKough

JordanKough

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 01:57 PM

Brown isn't even active most games. Expecting him to go from street clothes to starter on Sundays seems like a huge stretch at this point. I hate to say it because I really liked him as a pick, but when you consider he took 3 picks to acquire, he might be one of Ozzie's biggest draft misses.

Isn't the issue that he can't past Smith on the depth chart though?

There's no evidence he's a bad ILB, it's just that Smith is better value for the Ravens. And he's not a good special teams player. I'm not sold we have any idea what Brown is or isn't.

Matt Elam is a bust...not ready to call Brown one yet. 

#22 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 01:57 PM

Too early to judge Brown. He was inactive because he has no ability to play ST and provides nothing as anything but an ILB. He was behind two good ones.

#23 clapdiddy

clapdiddy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 874 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 02:01 PM

Also, this sentiment is extreme and only looks at the first two rounds of the draft for value...

Juice, Brandon Williams and Ricky Wagner all came out and started every single game they were healthy for this year. 

Lewis-Moore still has a chance to help if he's healthy, but that's a fairly big question mark right now.

Plus you want you later picks to become starters anyway because it's cheaper and helps with comp picks down the road.

If Brown is a starter and looks good next year, you've got to call 2013 a successful draft class. There are plenty of teams that wish they walked away with a starting RT, a stud DT, a starting FB and potentially a starting ILB from one draft.

I would say that just those 3 would make it a pretty successful class.  If Brown emerges as even an average ILB, I'd consider that gravy.

#24 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,520 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 12 January 2015 - 02:02 PM

Isn't the issue that he can't past Smith on the depth chart though?

There's no evidence he's a bad ILB, it's just that Smith is better value for the Ravens. And he's not a good special teams player. I'm not sold we have any idea what Brown is or isn't.

Matt Elam is a bust...not ready to call Brown one yet. 

Hard to imagine Brown can't play passable enough on ST to be active ahead of McClellan and Orr, if he is in fact the heir apparent to Smith.

#25 JordanKough

JordanKough

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 02:13 PM

Hard to imagine Brown can't play passable enough on ST to be active ahead of McClellan and Orr, if he is in fact the heir apparent to Smith.

Meh, I'd say they are different beasts. If we hadn't drafted Mosley we would have started Brown at ILB this year almost guaranteed. 

I just think he's wasted value if we don't get him in soon and if we're going to go with D. Smith again I'd probably try and trade Brown (there were teams interested this year allegedly).

#26 GabeFerguson

GabeFerguson

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,798 posts
  • LocationCity of Angels

Posted 12 January 2015 - 07:37 PM

I'm not too high on Gordon. He is good, but I don't think he is really elite. Spending a first round pick on a RB has pretty much never been a good move in the NFL outside of Adrian Peterson. It's too easy to find productive players. 

I'm also tentative about taking RBs from Wisconsin. They play in an offense geared towards making the RB a star. 

I think a 2nd or 3rd round pick on a RB is warranted though. I like Ameer Abdullah a lot and TJ Yeldon in the 3rd round could be a steal.

@gabefergy

#27 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 07:40 PM

I'm not too high on Gordon. He is good, but I don't think he is really elite. Spending a first round pick on a RB has pretty much never been a good move in the NFL outside of Adrian Peterson. It's too easy to find productive players.

I'm also tentative about taking RBs from Wisconsin. They play in an offense geared towards making the RB a star.

I think a 2nd or 3rd round pick on a RB is warranted though. I like Ameer Abdullah a lot and TJ Yeldon in the 3rd round could be a steal.

Shocking that you couldn't be more wrong. Gordon is an absolute beast. The best RB prospect in awhile.

#28 GabeFerguson

GabeFerguson

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,798 posts
  • LocationCity of Angels

Posted 12 January 2015 - 07:42 PM

Shocking that you couldn't be more wrong. Gordon is an absolute beast.

Oh really, he looked really beastly going up against Ohio St didn't he? 

It's truly laughable how much you think you know.

@gabefergy

#29 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 07:43 PM

Gurley is the overrated one. Even before the ACL injury.

Yeldon will go in the 2nd. Likely, early 2nd.

#30 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 07:43 PM

Oh really, he looked really beastly going up against Ohio St didn't he?

It's truly laughable how much you think you know.

It's laughable how wrong you are consistently.

#31 GabeFerguson

GabeFerguson

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,798 posts
  • LocationCity of Angels

Posted 12 January 2015 - 07:44 PM

It's laughable how wrong you are consistently.

Except you are the one who is always wrong?

@gabefergy

#32 GabeFerguson

GabeFerguson

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,798 posts
  • LocationCity of Angels

Posted 12 January 2015 - 07:45 PM

Gurley is the overrated one. Even before the ACL injury.

Yeldon will go in the 2nd. Likely, early 2nd.

lol ok champ.

@gabefergy

#33 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 07:48 PM

Except you are the one who is always wrong?

Ok Mr I hate CJ Mosley rant for 2 weeks. The Ravens will win 11 games. Torrey Smith is like 75+ other NFL WRs.

#34 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 07:48 PM

lol ok champ.

Let me guess. Gurley is a stud right??

#35 McNulty

McNulty

la cerveza está muy fría

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,670 posts
  • LocationBS

Posted 12 January 2015 - 07:51 PM

If you asked me who will have the better career between Gordon and Gurley, its Gurley by MILES.  They aren't even in the same category.

Gordon is the same player as Montee Ball.  Gurley was easily the best player in college this year before he got hurt.  Durability is an issue, obviously, but good lord he's so much better.  

Nickle you are ridiculous very often.  Sometimes I think your last name should be Bayless.

• Dupin likes this

@fuzydunlop

#36 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 07:54 PM

Ok Mr Johnny Manziel is gonna be special.

Time will prove me right again. He said Gordon is like Montee Ball. ROFL.

#37 Dupin

Dupin

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,317 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 07:56 PM

If nickle starts beating the drum for Tim Tebow, you won't be able to convince me that he's not Skip Bayless.

• McNulty likes this

#38 McNulty

McNulty

la cerveza está muy fría

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,670 posts
  • LocationBS

Posted 12 January 2015 - 07:56 PM

Ok Mr Johnny Manziel is gonna be really good.

Time will prove me right again. He said Gordon is like Montee Ball. ROFL.

I'm not going to be right all the time.  I still think given the right set of circumstances and him giving just a little bit of a shit, he'd be fine.

Do you have a spreadsheet keeping track of what everyone says over there or something?

@fuzydunlop

#39 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 07:58 PM

Everyone knew Tebow sucked. Bayless, like I'm sure most of you, thought Manziel and RG3 were special.

#40 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 07:59 PM

I'm not going to be right all the time. I still think given the right set of circumstances and him giving just a little bit of a shit, he'd be fine.

Do you have a spreadsheet keeping track of what everyone says over there or something?

You made it pretty clear how strongly you felt about Manziel.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=