• This topic is locked This topic is locked
374 replies to this topic

#1 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,332 posts

Posted 08 December 2014 - 06:37 PM

Baltimore Beatdown:  Mock Draft – Ravens Take DeVante Parker (WR, Louisville) at 19

#2 GabeFerguson

GabeFerguson

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,798 posts
  • LocationCity of Angels

Posted 08 December 2014 - 06:44 PM

I like the idea of taking a big playmaking WR in the first or second round. He hits on the Ravens most obvious needs early so that probably won't happen given how Ozzie loves to draft BPA. If it were up to me I would go CB, WR, OLB, RB in some order.

I also can't see the Ravens taking Karlos Williams who was just accused of domestic violence. Even though he wasn't charged I just doubt they go down that road.

@gabefergy

#3 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 08 December 2014 - 06:57 PM

Oh man. Lets finish 2014 first. Who are the Ravens taking at 32!!
  • BaltBird 24 and JordanKough like this
@BSLMikeRandall

#4 Roll Tide

Roll Tide

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 15 December 2014 - 08:38 PM

My early bet would be a CB ...but I hear there is better value at CB in the 2nd and 3rd round.
Roll Tide

#5 JordanKough

JordanKough

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 08:44 PM

My early bet would be a CB ...but I hear there is better value at CB in the 2nd and 3rd round.

With the way the Mosley pick has gone, I have to say, whatever you say because you nailed it from day 1 on Mosley.

• Roll Tide likes this

#6 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,332 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 08:41 AM

Balt Sun: Ravens have #26 overall pick

http://www.baltimore...0111-story.html

#7 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,520 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 12 January 2015 - 12:56 PM

Names I've seen so far for the Ravens: Ronald Darby, Eli Harold, Melvin Gordon.

#8 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,332 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 12:59 PM

Names I've seen so far for the Ravens: Ronald Darby, Eli Harold, Melvin Gordon.

Something like CB, Ronald Darby / Marcus Peters with the 1st, Ameer Abdullah with the 2nd, and Diggs in the 3rd (or trading back into the 2nd) would be fun.

I say Abdullah because he a similar profile to Forsett...  Ideally I'd like a more physical option that could get yards after contact. That said, Taliaferro will be back and can give you some of that. Abduallah has speed, and is supposed to be a guy that can thrive as a 1 cut runner in a ZBS.

Don't know about his blocking though - clearly a question with any RB that enters the league.

#9 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,015 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 01:07 PM

If you like Campanaro as a slot guy, then I don't see a trade up for Diggs as a smart plan.  If he falls to you in the late 3rd, maybe, 4th I'd be more comfortable.  I worry about him staying healthy, he was constantly getting banged up from the hits he took at Maryland, they'll just hit more and more hard at the next level.

Like everyone else, CB, S, and WR seem to be the biggest needs to me. 

#10 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 01:11 PM

I doubt WR is going to be a position they focus on in the early to mid rounds. That's not to say they won't draft one if there is value there but not a focus.

I think they like their WR depth assuming Torrey is resigned.

#11 esporter

esporter

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 937 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 01:15 PM

It's really incredible. The Ravens will truly take BPA regardless of position almost every time. Because of that, anything can happen on draft day.

I think obviously the secondary needs work. And we have needed a true offensive playmaker for years -- not sure if they will ever pull the trigger with a high pick on that one.

I also wouldn't be surprised to see them continue to build OL depth. The 5 starters should all be ready to rock in 2015, but outside of Urschel there's no one on the bench you feel good about.

Ditto for DL. Especially if we lose McPhee and/or Ngata. I'll be stunned if they don't get a tough, versatile DL in their first couple of picks.

The Ravens know what's up. They know most games are won and lost in the trenches. I'd expect to see them devote more resources there, maybe a skill guy here or there depending on value, and some secondary help.

wordsbyevanporter.com

@esporter

#12 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,520 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 01:19 PM

Something like CB, Ronald Darby / Marcus Peters with the 1st, Ameer Abdullah with the 2nd, and Diggs in the 3rd (or trading back into the 2nd) would be fun.

I say Abdullah because he a similar profile to Forsett...  Ideally I'd like a more physical option that could get yards after contact. That said, Taliaferro will be back and can give you some of that. Abduallah has speed, and is supposed to be a guy that can thrive as a 1 cut runner in a ZBS.

Don't know about his blocking though - clearly a question with any RB that enters the league.

Gordon is probably the most complete RB in the draft (even more than Gurley), and more of an every-down back than Abdullah. I certainly wouldn't be disappointed if they got their guy at CB in the 1st Round, but Gordon really intrigues me.

• Greg Pappas likes this

#13 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 01:22 PM

Gordon is a beast but I doubt he is there at 26.

Wouldn't surprise me at all if our 1st rounder ends up being an OLB/DL. Won't be an ILB. Would be surprised by an OL though.

#14 JordanKough

JordanKough

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 01:30 PM

Yeah...it's a nice year the Ravens don't feel like they are drafting a need per se.

Even if we didn't have a single draft pick, I'd feel like the Ravens could improve as a team going into next year just from development. Ozzie is really going to be able to pick and choose his spots and players this year. It's going to be a fun draft to watch I think.

Also...leaves us really good room to trade up and go get guys if McPhee, etc. end up walking. We could end up with some strong comp pick options too if we aren't adding anyone major. 

#15 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 01:35 PM

The'14 draft has a chance to be really good. Mosley, Jernigan look like high quality long term starters. Brooks is unknown but has potential. Gilmore, Talifero, Urshal, Camp look like very good depth and contributors. Urban was turning heads in TC. Wenning is the back up QB as of now.

#16 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,520 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 01:44 PM

The 2014 class looks very promising, which is good because relatively speaking 2013 was not very good.

#17 Dupin

Dupin

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,317 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 01:49 PM

The 2014 class looks very promising, which is good because relatively speaking 2013 was not very good.

Even Urshcel showed us something and he was a later pick.

2013 was definitely not good. An ILB who never suits up and a total bust of a safety.

#18 JordanKough

JordanKough

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 01:50 PM

I wonder if the Ravens parent ways with Daryl Smith and if Brown is handed a starting spot next year? Definitely some cap space to be had with that move if they choose to make it.

#19 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,520 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 01:54 PM

I wonder if the Ravens parent ways with Daryl Smith and if Brown is handed a starting spot next year? Definitely some cap space to be had with that move if they choose to make it.

Brown isn't even active most games. Expecting him to go from street clothes to starter on Sundays seems like a huge stretch at this point. I hate to say it because I really liked him as a pick, but when you consider he took 3 picks to acquire, he might be one of Ozzie's biggest draft misses.

• Greg Pappas likes this

#20 JordanKough

JordanKough

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 01:55 PM

2013 was definitely not good. An ILB who never suits up and a total bust of a safety.

Also, this sentiment is extreme and only looks at the first two rounds of the draft for value...

Juice, Brandon Williams and Ricky Wagner all came out and started every single game they were healthy for this year. 

Lewis-Moore still has a chance to help if he's healthy, but that's a fairly big question mark right now.

Plus you want you later picks to become starters anyway because it's cheaper and helps with comp picks down the road.

If Brown is a starter and looks good next year, you've got to call 2013 a successful draft class. There are plenty of teams that wish they walked away with a starting RT, a stud DT, a starting FB and potentially a starting ILB from one draft.

• clapdiddy likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=