#41 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 12 January 2015 - 08:38 PM

If healthy, give me Gurley all day long.

Some felt he was worthy of a top 10 pick before the injury and that's unusual for RBs these days.

#42 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 12 January 2015 - 08:38 PM

Beckham and Gurley in the first 2 rounds would be nice.
  • Dupin likes this

#43 Dupin

Dupin

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,317 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 08:45 PM

Ideal scenario IMO, but I wouldn't mind a corner in the second either.

#44 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 12 January 2015 - 08:47 PM

Ideal scenario IMO, but I wouldn't mind a corner in the second either.

True..but would like to find this offseason's Brandon Flowers and sign him.

#45 Dupin

Dupin

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,317 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 08:50 PM

You might be able to swing a good corner in the third though, this seems like a decent class in the early stages.  The kid from Oregon whose name I always put in the wrong order could be available there, although based on his size he might be destined for the slot.

#46 JordanKough

JordanKough

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 09:02 PM

True..but would like to find this offseason's Brandon Flowers and sign him.

So Brandon Flowers? Lol. I think he's a FA. I'm also interested in Maxwell from Seattle if we're talking about UFA's.

I totally agree we need a Flowers type in terms of cost and value. I trust Ozzie to find them and not to rely on the guys in house because of injuries.

#47 Dupin

Dupin

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,317 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 09:04 PM

I know we've talked about it, but is there really any chance that Webb gets tried at S?  I really don't think he can move enough to play CB, and it's not like our backend is in good shape.  It'd be nice if we kept Hill, I think he's a decent enough player back there.

#48 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 12 January 2015 - 09:06 PM

I know we've talked about it, but is there really any chance that Webb gets tried at S?  I really don't think he can move enough to play CB, and it's not like our backend is in good shape.  It'd be nice if we kept Hill, I think he's a decent enough player back there.

A healthy Webb can still play CB in this league.

Hill is an RFA..he will be back for sure imo.

#49 JordanKough

JordanKough

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 09:11 PM

Especially as the slot guy, IMO. Webb can be a good guy in the slot to be physical and pressure in the past.

We need him to be able to go back to that role, IMO. If he's not capable of that after June 1 based on training camp, I'd cut him in a post-June 1 move personally...

I think Brooks/Hill/Stewart will be just fine at S.

#50 GabeFerguson

GabeFerguson

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,798 posts
  • LocationCity of Angels

Posted 12 January 2015 - 09:24 PM

Ok Mr I hate CJ Mosley rant for 2 weeks. The Ravens will win 11 games. Torrey Smith is like 75+ other NFL WRs.

I'd still rather have a CB than Mosley every day of the week. I was a hell of a lot closer about the Ravens than you were, they could have easily won 11 games if Smith didn't get hurt. You were wrong about them every step of the way. And I suppose Harbaugh is still going to coach Michigan right? 

Let me guess. Gurley is a stud right??

He's a heck of a lot more talented than Gordon, but I still wouldn't touch him in the first round. After the ACL injury it's impossible to say what he will be without seeing him play again.

@gabefergy

#51 Roll Tide

Roll Tide

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 12 January 2015 - 09:39 PM

I'm going with a CB in round one

Trae Waynes, Kevin Johnson, or Ronald Darby.

If it's round 2 Quinten Rollins
Roll Tide

#52 Roll Tide

Roll Tide

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 12 January 2015 - 09:41 PM

I expect Gurley to be gone before we pick in the 1st probably 15-22 range. Without the ACL he probably was a top 10 pick.

Unless they are reaching for Green-Beckham in the 1st he's gone in the early to mid second.
Roll Tide

#53 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 07:39 AM

I'd still rather have a CB than Mosley every day of the week. I was a hell of a lot closer about the Ravens than you were, they could have easily won 11 games if Smith didn't get hurt. You were wrong about them every step of the way. And I suppose Harbaugh is still going to coach Michigan right?

He's a heck of a lot more talented than Gordon, but I still wouldn't touch him in the first round. After the ACL injury it's impossible to say what he will be without seeing him play again.

This is so much BS . Now there is a built in excuse if Gurley sucks and all of you can still claim he would have been better.

Also, never said John was going to Michigan. I said there was a chance and put % next to it. You're naive if you think John was/would never seriously consider that job.

#54 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,295 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 12:53 PM

I would love that. Although Webb won't offer a big play guy, his ability to cover the slot would double his value as a saftey. The ability to cover 3 wide sets out of your base defense would be huge.

I think it's a few years away, Webb is still a quality corner. But I'd love to see him at saftey.

#55 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,295 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 12:57 PM

And I would rather not go RB in the first. Too much depth later in the draft. Give me someone like Abdullah in the 3rd. Obviously over the next 3 months we'll have a clearer picture. Give me the BPA in the first, Holliman in the second and Abdullah in the 3rd. I'm happy with that.

#56 GabeFerguson

GabeFerguson

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,798 posts
  • LocationCity of Angels

Posted 13 January 2015 - 01:20 PM

This is so much BS . Now there is a built in excuse if Gurley sucks and all of you can still claim he would have been better.

Also, never said John was going to Michigan. I said there was a chance and put % next to it. You're naive if you think John was/would never seriously consider that job.

Why is it BS to question a guy with a massive knee injury? You are completely full of it. He's still going to be a better player than Gordon, I just don't want to take the risk on him or any other RB in the first round. The history of drafting first round RBs is truly awful.

Keep living in your fantasy land. There was never any chance that John would go to Michigan.

@gabefergy

#57 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 03:18 PM

I do like that all of the projected 1st Rd WRs are big strong guys. Cooper, White, Strong, Parker, Beckham all fit that bill. 

#58 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,332 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 11:36 AM

PressBox: 6 Cornerbacks Ravens Could Target in the NFL Draft

http://www.pressboxo...et-in-nfl-draft

#59 Icterus galbula

Icterus galbula

Half-Member, Half-Amazing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,224 posts
  • LocationThe Big Easy

Posted 16 January 2015 - 11:42 AM

Wonder why he didn't mention Ronald Darby from FSU. I've consistently seen him in the top 3 corners everywhere else.

#60 GabeFerguson

GabeFerguson

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,798 posts
  • LocationCity of Angels

Posted 16 January 2015 - 11:49 AM

Trae Waynes would be amazing, but he's probably a top 10 pick. I like Jalen Collins too.
@gabefergy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=