#21 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 31 May 2012 - 05:55 PM

I like Hardy doing what he's doing where he's doing it. He's a strength there, don't mess with that.

Moving him around and getting a guy who's as good as he is to replace him at SS costs too much and it screws things up. That's creating 2 problems when you're trying to solve 1 problem, which I think is a bad idea. I think you oughta be making the problem list shorter, not longer.

Of course, you could deal Hardy, recoup some of the talent you lost trading for Castro and then move either Castro or Manny to third and have a very young and very cheap left side of the IF for several years.

There are a lot of positives there...problem is, the Cubs want at least 2 impact prospects for him. Orioles aren't getting him without trading Bundy and/or Machado..no thanks to that.

#22 RShack

RShack

Fair-weather ex-diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,994 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 06:04 PM

I like Hardy doing what he's doing where he's doing it. He's a strength there, don't mess with that.

Moving him around and getting a guy who's as good as he is to replace him at SS costs too much and it screws things up. That's creating 2 problems when you're trying to solve 1 problem, which I think is a bad idea. I think you oughta be making the problem list shorter, not longer.

Of course, you could deal Hardy, recoup some of the talent you lost trading for Castro and then move either Castro or Manny to third and have a very young and very cheap left side of the IF for several years.

There are a lot of positives there...problem is, the Cubs want at least 2 impact prospects for him. Orioles aren't getting him without trading Bundy and/or Machado..no thanks to that.

Dude. How come you're being nice and reasonable to me all the sudden? I mean kudo's to you, I really do... it's good to have the benefit of what's right with you without all the other stuff... but still... what's up? Is it being a mod? Or did you stick your finger in a clothes dryer socket and scramble your brain, or what?
  • You Play to Win the Game likes this

"The only change is that baseball has turned Paige from a second-class citizen to a second-class immortal." - Satchel Paige

#23 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 31 May 2012 - 06:10 PM

Dude. How come you're being nice and reasonable to me all the sudden? I mean kudo's to you, I really do... it's good to have the benefit of what's right with you without all the other stuff... but still... what's up? Is it being a mod? Or did you stick your finger in a clothes dryer socket and scramble your brain, or what?

No one has given me a reason not to be nice. ;)

#24 JeffLong

JeffLong

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,826 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 06:13 PM

Seems a moot point... https://twitter.com/...335186826506240
@JeffLongBP

#25 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,380 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 31 May 2012 - 06:16 PM

Yeah the convo is coming kinda out of context without being in that Reynolds/Hardy conversation the other day, but we were talking about ideas for next year when Manny comes up, and said since there is a glaring hole at 3B, and no FA options to fill it, moving Hardy to 3B where I think his bat will play well too, making room for a good young player that makes our team better it's kind of a no-brainer.
@JeremyMStrain

#26 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,380 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 06:25 PM

You said the other day, there is a lot of negativity over there, and people that hold grudges. After so long of having issues with people, I don't really blame him for being quick to get edgy with people. Since my incident over there I've seen changes in people and more aggression from some, so if that's what he got all the time because of his rep, I don't really blame him for being snippy all the time, I'm getting that way now, and I know I only have a month left.

It's been kind of a fresh start over here, and like Mweb said, even those of us that bumped heads over there before have kinda formed a bond from this new community over here, so it's a lot more cordial.
@JeremyMStrain

#27 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 31 May 2012 - 06:38 PM

You said the other day, there is a lot of negativity over there, and people that hold grudges. After so long of having issues with people, I don't really blame him for being quick to get edgy with people. Since my incident over there I've seen changes in people and more aggression from some, so if that's what he got all the time because of his rep, I don't really blame him for being snippy all the time, I'm getting that way now, and I know I only have a month left.

It's been kind of a fresh start over here, and like Mweb said, even those of us that bumped heads over there before have kinda formed a bond from this new community over here, so it's a lot more cordial.

Absolutely...not that I can't share any blame but if you look at " my attacks", they are usually brought onto me and it's me retaliating. Should I retaliate? Probably not but after a while, the stupidity annoys the hell out of me.

To be honest, I can turn off the switch whenever I want..it just a matter of wanting to.

I thought I would miss the Hangout and in some ways, I do. I miss interacting with certain guys over there, like Miller192 for example. But overall, other than wishing I had more to do at work to pass the time,I don't miss it over there. I read the board still but I don't care what 80% of the frequent posters have to say and the threads are becoming unreadable in a lot of ways.

#28 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,382 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 31 May 2012 - 06:52 PM

3 months from now SG will be going at with Rshack as well as myself and I'll be going at it with Pedro and Brandon, etc... :lol:

#29 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,380 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 07:03 PM

Absolutely...not that I can't share any blame but if you look at " my attacks", they are usually brought onto me and it's me retaliating. Should I retaliate? Probably not but after a while, the stupidity annoys the hell out of me.

To be honest, I can turn off the switch whenever I want..it just a matter of wanting to.

I thought I would miss the Hangout and in some ways, I do. I miss interacting with certain guys over there, like Miller192 for example. But overall, other than wishing I had more to do at work to pass the time,I don't miss it over there. I read the board still but I don't care what 80% of the frequent posters have to say and the threads are becoming unreadable in a lot of ways.

Yeah over the past week or two I've thought about it more and more cause I noticed myself having a lot less patience, and it's just cause people get an attitude with you right away, or just want to challenge you because you are you (or me). I will miss a hand full of people but I hope they make their way over here eventually, cause the having to worry about being banned, mocked, or scolded because you don't "kiss the ring" is insane, especially when you are paying for that privilege.

I think we took a huge chunk of the good conversational posters and I'm not sad to be moving in over here.
  • mweb08 likes this
@JeremyMStrain

#30 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 31 May 2012 - 08:49 PM

3 months from now SG will be going at with Rshack as well as myself and I'll be going at it with Pedro and Brandon, etc... :lol:

Lol..probably. I happen to think a certain level of that is good.

#31 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,382 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 31 May 2012 - 09:02 PM

Well in that case...

You're a moron! ;)

#32 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 31 May 2012 - 09:08 PM

Well in that case...

You're a moron! ;)

FU douche! :)

#33 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,538 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 31 May 2012 - 09:22 PM

And we're off... cue Sammy with one of those neat pop corn GIF's. ;)

#34 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,619 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 31 May 2012 - 11:58 PM

I'm drunk and I want to say I love all of you!

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#35 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 01 June 2012 - 12:08 AM

I'm drunk and I want to say I love all of you!

Now we're talking, we need a "drunk chatter" board for all those convos on the board.
@levineps

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=