#41 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 10 June 2012 - 08:06 PM

I had to put my 12 year old English bulldog down yesterday.

Never had to do that before....f'ing blows.

Sorry to hear that, Rob.

We're coming up on the one year anniversary of putting our Lab down..Still hurts.

Hang in there, buddy.
@beginthebegin71

#42 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 10 June 2012 - 09:05 PM

Sorry to read this Rob. It is NEVER an easy thing to lose a dear pet, and coupled with having to be the one to make that sad decision... I do not envy you for being put in that position. I feel for you.

It does suck Greg but I have to say, I'm glad I had the choice vs coming home and him being dead, which was possible with the issue he had. I could have kept him going but it would have been for my selfish purposes not because it's what was best for him.

At least I was able to say bye.

Thanks for the kind words everyone.

#43 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts
  • LocationBeautiful Bel Air, MD

Posted 10 June 2012 - 09:58 PM

Sorry Rob.

My family put a dog down back in 1998. Almost since then, my mother, my sister and I have been asking for another dog, but my father won't get one. He's offered up numerous, changing excuses, and he likes dogs, but I'm pretty sure that the real reason he won't is because of that experience, and the fact that he had to make the decision and get it done. It still affects him, and we're not that far off from passing Brandy's actual lifespan.

#44 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 10:54 PM

Had to put down my family dog a I grew up with back in '08. Then inherited a pug a few months after that and she passed away a year ago Tuesday. Both were absolutely brutal on me. Hang in there.

#45 RShack

RShack

Fair-weather ex-diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,994 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 02:29 PM

I'm so sorry to hear this...

I do know what it's like... just about a year ago, our 17 year old dog reached the end of her rope... a couple times, she tried to crawl under things she normally would not do... I think it was her trying to go off and die... she finally just kinda shut down... would not eat or drink... we had the pink juice in case it seemed she was hurting too much... in the end, we kinda eased her out gradually with morphine in a way that let us say goodbye... but we could only do that because we were both around here... she did such a good job of being our dog...

I don't care what anybody says, dogs are people too...

"The only change is that baseball has turned Paige from a second-class citizen to a second-class immortal." - Satchel Paige

#46 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,382 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 11 June 2012 - 05:34 PM

"The Thunder are looking for their first title since 1979."

#47 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,607 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 11 June 2012 - 06:19 PM

This is factually correct, although most news outlets would follow that with "....when they were the Seattle Supersonics."

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#48 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 11 June 2012 - 11:40 PM

This is factually correct, although most news outlets would follow that with "....when they were the Seattle Supersonics."

Just like they just showed on SportsCenter that it took the Orioles 66 years to win a title, not 12.
@levineps

#49 RShack

RShack

Fair-weather ex-diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,994 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 02:55 AM

Just like they just showed on SportsCenter that it took the Orioles 66 years to win a title, not 12.

That's just wrong...

"The only change is that baseball has turned Paige from a second-class citizen to a second-class immortal." - Satchel Paige

#50 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 12 June 2012 - 11:58 AM

That's just wrong...

Agreed but it's not really different than comparing the Thunder to the SuperSonics. Notice on MASN, whenever they are doing stats for the O's, they always cite since 1954 since technically anything with the StL Browns counts.
@levineps

#51 RShack

RShack

Fair-weather ex-diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,994 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 01:25 PM

That's just wrong...

Agreed but it's not really different than comparing the Thunder to the SuperSonics. Notice on MASN, whenever they are doing stats for the O's, they always cite since 1954 since technically anything with the StL Browns counts.

I get what you're saying about the franchise being the same, but I think this is one place where baseball should be treated differently than the NBA or NFL, simply because of the complexity and depth of the organizations involved. The way the NBA and the NFL work, it takes way less time to retool the entire organization.

Baseball's not like that. If anything, I think the O's deserve *more* credit for taking every single think about the St. Louis Browns (except Satchel Paige), every one of which was crappy (except Satchel Paige), and fixing it so quickly. It would have been easier to start with nothing...

#52 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 12 June 2012 - 01:32 PM

I get what you're saying about the franchise being the same, but I think this is one place where baseball should be treated differently than the NBA or NFL, simply because of the complexity and depth of the organizations involved. The way the NBA and the NFL work, it takes way less time to retool the entire organization.

Baseball's not like that. If anything, I think the O's deserve *more* credit for taking every single think about the St. Louis Browns (except Satchel Paige), every one of which was crappy (except Satchel Paige), and fixing it so quickly. It would have been easier to start with nothing...

Nationals fans have been making that argument.
@levineps

#53 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,382 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 02:12 PM

Well technically, a team called the Thunder or a team playing OKC has never won a title, so without making a qualification, I'm not sure that saying the Thunder last won in 1979 is factually correct. Semantics and all, I know.

Regardless of that, I just don't like it. When a team moves, they should change their name (done here) and start over in terms of franchise records. Leave the name and the history with the old city and if they may get a team back, they can use that stuff if they like.

#54 JeffLong

JeffLong

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,826 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 06:45 PM

This:

Posted Image
@JeffLongBP

#55 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 12 June 2012 - 08:21 PM

This:

Posted Image

Yea.. You really just need to follow one guy/gal.

#56 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,380 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 12 June 2012 - 08:26 PM

This same thing has been driving me nuts all season. Too much play by play.
@JeremyMStrain

#57 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,607 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 12 June 2012 - 10:40 PM

If you're gonna follow one person, follow Roch, all due respect to the others because they all do a great job but Roch seems to be the quickest to the trigger.

If you want "unMASNated" analysis, however, go with Britt.

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#58 JeffLong

JeffLong

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,826 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 11:20 PM

If you're gonna follow one person, follow Roch, all due respect to the others because they all do a great job but Roch seems to be the quickest to the trigger.

If you want "unMASNated" analysis, however, go with Britt.

Yeah. I follow 280 people on twitter, probably about 275 of them directly related to baseball. I couldn't NOT follow all the Baltimore guys.
@JeffLongBP

#59 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,382 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 11:34 PM

Yeah. I follow 280 people on twitter, probably about 275 of them directly related to baseball. I couldn't NOT follow all the Baltimore guys.

OK, but if you're going to follow multiple people who cover the same team, you should expect what has been happening. Thus, maybe not much need for a rant about it. ;)

#60 Nuclear Dish

Nuclear Dish

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 573 posts
  • LocationZichron Yaakov, Israel

Posted 13 June 2012 - 02:59 AM

I think Bob Turley and Billy O'Dell and Cal Abrams would (and should) take offense at that!

"Three thousand years of beautiful tradition, from Moses to Sandy Koufax..."

-Walter Sobchak

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=