• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4215 replies to this topic

#1 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,380 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 29 May 2012 - 09:23 PM

Hurt my shoulder last week lifting a heavy bag. Had an appt. with a shoulder surgeon today to check out my rotator cuff. Pretty sure I tore it 10 years ago, which is what ended my playing days, didn't have insurance at the time, so had to just let it heal. Going through the exam and after xrays, get the good news my RC is just strained, not torn, HOWEVER, he's pretty sure I didn't tear my RC 10 years ago, I had a SLAP tear in my labrum, which he thinks is torn again. Contrast MRI on Monday, and then if it's clean, a month of PT for my strained RC, and if it's a mess like he thinks, I get to have surgery for a SLAP tear. Ugh.
@JeremyMStrain

#2 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts
  • LocationBeautiful Bel Air, MD

Posted 29 May 2012 - 09:43 PM

Sorry man. Fingers crossed for a clean MRI. Unless an Orioles pitcher gets hurt between now and then; my crossed fingers belong to them first.

I just found out that the month-long ban I was given, served, and returned from on another message board was actually not so. According to the administrator, "You were supposed to be banned permenenatly [sic] the first time." This despite an explicit statement at the start that it was simply a break.
  • BSLChrisStoner likes this

#3 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,380 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 09:53 PM

Sorry man. Fingers crossed for a clean MRI. Unless an Orioles pitcher gets hurt between now and then; my crossed fingers belong to them first.

I just found out that the month-long ban I was given, served, and returned from on another message board was actually not so. According to the administrator, "You were supposed to be banned permenenatly [sic] the first time." This despite an explicit statement at the start that it was simply a break.

Thanks dude. I actually wouldn't mind surgery because I've been missing 20-30% range of movement for 10 years, and it gets achy and sore all the time, it'd kinda be nice to have it fixed, I just liked the idea more when it was my RC and not my labrum, and a SLAP tear at that. That's about as bad as it gets.

Don't sweat it man, in the end we will have the last laugh. Conversation levels are every bit as good over here, with far less bickering and drama, and more people will be coming. You'd be surprised at some of the people that reached out to me when everything went down over there, and who is one incident themselves from leaving.
@JeremyMStrain

#4 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,607 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 30 May 2012 - 11:20 AM

Tony is opening up the OH for posters who reached the 500 mark for free in June.

I wonder if it's because the OH is slowly losing steam or if this came out of nowhere?

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#5 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,380 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 11:40 AM

Tony is opening up the OH for posters who reached the 500 mark for free in June.

I wonder if it's because the OH is slowly losing steam or if this came out of nowhere?

Sounds like an attempt to see if most of the people on other sites are just doing it because they have to pay over there, or if it is because they genuinely don't like the place. As much as they say they'll be fine before and after everyone, the quality has seen a drop the past few months.
@JeremyMStrain

#6 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,932 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 11:55 AM

Comcast.

#7 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,380 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 12:37 PM

Comcast.

Sad thing is, that's all you have to say and most of us here can go yuuuup, I feel your pain.
@JeremyMStrain

#8 Adam Wolff

Adam Wolff

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,294 posts
  • LocationWaynesboro, PA

Posted 30 May 2012 - 12:43 PM

Comcast.

Sad thing is, that's all you have to say and most of us here can go yuuuup, I feel your pain.

It really is a shame that a company can have such blatantly poor customer service and not be affected by it. I'm sure some people get fed up and switch to satellite, but for the most part they are able to be terrible and it not impact them too much.

@AdamWolff

#9 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 30 May 2012 - 01:42 PM

Comcast.

Can't stand the customer service I used to get with Comcast...so happy to be with Fios.

#10 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,514 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 30 May 2012 - 03:01 PM

I'm switching to FiOS internet finally, and have DirecTV. Comcast Cable Internet has been screwing me for 6 months now. We've had a tech out to "fix" the internet every week for the past 2 months, and they come up with a different excuse every time. This area is slow, we're working on it; your router is out of date and needs upgraded; you need a new modem, etc.

Well, when I called to cancel, and told them the shut off date would be 6/4, all of a sudden the speed got blazing fast out of nowhere. It's been fast as hell, and dependable for a week now since I made that call. But it's too late, when FiOS comes out 6/4, it's bye bye Comcast, and thank God for that.

#11 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,380 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 03:02 PM

I'm switching to FiOS internet finally, and have DirecTV. Comcast Cable Internet has been screwing me for 6 months now. We've had a tech out to "fix" the internet every week for the past 2 months, and they come up with a different excuse every time. This area is slow, we're working on it; your router is out of date and needs upgraded; you need a new modem, etc.

Well, when I called to cancel, and told them the shut off date would be 6/4, all of a sudden the speed got blazing fast out of nowhere. It's been fast as hell, and dependable for a week now since I made that call. But it's too late, when FiOS comes out 6/4, it's bye bye Comcast, and thank God for that.

You'll be so much happier with FIOS. The minor hiccups I've had with them have been like a 1% fraction of what I had with Comcast.
@JeremyMStrain

#12 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,932 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 03:06 PM

I would love for FiOS to be available in the city, but I wouldn't be surprised if it never is, at least not while I still call Canton home.

#13 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,380 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 03:38 PM

I would love for FiOS to be available in the city, but I wouldn't be surprised if it never is, at least not while I still call Canton home.

It won't, my aunt is a VP for VZ on the FIOS side, she said the city has some sort of block on it and they won't let them install it.
@JeremyMStrain

#14 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 03:45 PM

When there was Plus content available, even if you didn't read it often it could be used as justification for paying to post on a message board, because much of the money went to producing those features. However, that part of the site is essentially dead (along with pretty much everything else he tried to do outside the board).

Also, he'll never admit it (and nor would anyone in his position, so that's not on him) but I'm sure he sees possible threats from this site and others, both existent and off in the future, that offer as much or more actual content and a place to comment for free.

#15 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 03:48 PM

Comcast.

Shouldn't that word come with an automatic rimshot? Or is that just what I hear in my head?

I haven't heard too many flattering things about Verizon's customer service on the cable end, so I don't know if the hassle of switching would be worth it.

Really, there just needs to be more competition in the market.

#16 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,514 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 30 May 2012 - 03:53 PM

Comcast.

Shouldn't that word come with an automatic rimshot? Or is that just what I hear in my head?

I haven't heard too many flattering things about Verizon's customer service on the cable end, so I don't know if the hassle of switching would be worth it.

Really, there just needs to be more competition in the market.

I've had both Verizon FiOS and Comcast. I'm happy for SG, but in my experiences, the customer service for both have been absolutely brutal. Oddly enough, my custme service with DirecTV has been amazing - they are all on the same page and consistent whenever I've had to call them about something.

As far as the Verizon vs. Comcast thing - the difference has been, for me, that FiOS has had the product produce, as to where Comcast has not. So that breaks the tie for me. Superior product, but same crappy service.

#17 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,485 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 30 May 2012 - 04:44 PM

It really is a shame that a company can have such blatantly poor customer service and not be affected by it. I'm sure some people get fed up and switch to satellite, but for the most part they are able to be terrible and it not impact them too much.

It's called a monopoly, which for all intents and purposes Comcast and other cable carriers have, in some respects. TV options are limited for many....satellite requires a clear, unobstructed view of a large chunk of sky. And don't get me started on the limited availability of FiOS (this rant could easily be about Verizon, and how they took the money and ran with regard to their pie-in-the-sky fiber network). Same goes for high-speed internet....if you want to stream TV/movies many of the wireless options won't cut it.

I actually have DirecTV, but am seriously thinking about cancelling it now that I'm paying $92/mo (seems like only a year or two ago it was ~ $75/mo) for something that I find myself watching less and less. But if I did, I'd want to have the option of streaming a lot of shows that I'd still like to view (plus O's games on mlbtv.com, Terps on ESPN3, and maybe the Ravens now that Sunday Ticket is available as an online-only package). But that's where Comcast comes in, since FiOS isn't available where I live. I currently use Clearwire at home, and there's barely enough bandwidth for me to stream music on Pandora, Spotify, I Heart Radio, etc....it will never handle video for me. But Comcast insists that if I want their internet service that I have to buy their "bundle" and get cable TV plus landline phone service along with it. Who still has a landline phone in their home these days? I guess that's why Comcast forces it down your throat.....otherwise they wouldn't be able to give it away for free.

#18 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,615 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 30 May 2012 - 05:40 PM

Daycare.

Wish I made enough money that my wife could be a stay at home mom. My poor daughter seems to get sick every other week thanks to that place. Stomach bug and RSV simultaneously, then hand, foot, and mouth. Countless colds. Sucks.

I'm also pissed at the people that sold us our house. So you sign a contract saying you'll fix the flooded crawlspace only to make it look fixed for the walk through and then not responding to any form of communication once we realize we've been duped. Also can't afford to spend the $7000+ to have a company fix it. #%*&#

#19 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,380 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 06:01 PM

Daycare.

Wish I made enough money that my wife could be a stay at home mom. My poor daughter seems to get sick every other week thanks to that place. Stomach bug and RSV simultaneously, then hand, foot, and mouth. Countless colds. Sucks.

I'm also pissed at the people that sold us our house. So you sign a contract saying you'll fix the flooded crawlspace only to make it look fixed for the walk through and then not responding to any form of communication once we realize we've been duped. Also can't afford to spend the $7000+ to have a company fix it. #%*&#

I feel your pain man. I only work part time so that we don't have to put them in daycare. It's actually cheaper to work part time than it would be to work full time and pay for daycare for our two kids.
@JeremyMStrain

#20 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,615 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 30 May 2012 - 06:26 PM

Oh yeah I forgot about the cost. Its insane. I would imagine we'll have to figure something out when we have number two because I can't imagine paying double what we are now.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)

Our Sponsors

width=