#161 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,601 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 07 June 2012 - 09:45 PM

James has the most points in the first 3 quarter so of any player in the playoffs during the past decade.

One of the most impressive things is not many of his points have come on assisted baskets or have been easy shots.

#162 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,601 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 09:49 PM

Everybody is so quick to write off the Heat. As much as I'll be rooting against them, I'm more and more confident in them winning this game. If I could bet on this game I'd be hitting the Heat really hard.

BTW...the Heat are the slight fav at -2.

Good call.

#163 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 159,072 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 09:50 PM

So, the Heat blow out the Celtics in Boston. Force a Game 7... should be interesting.

Not sure you need to have Allen on the court with 6 mts left.

#164 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 09:53 PM

And honestly no reason for things to be different in Game 7. I'm not saying Miami will win by 20 but they are clearly the better team. You know LeBron will play as many minutes as needed again. It would take a monumental effort by Boston and I just don't see that in them.

#165 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,601 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 09:59 PM

So, the Heat blow out the Celtics in Boston. Force a Game 7... should be interesting.

Not sure you need to have Allen on the court with 6 mts left.

The Heat will likely need a lot more out of the other guys including Wade. Can't rely on James to have this type of game again.

#166 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,601 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 10:02 PM

Mr. Un-clutch has had two all-time level games when his back has been against the wall this post-season. It will be interesting to see how he does Saturday.

Can't wait!

#167 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 10:04 PM

Everybody is so quick to write off the Heat. As much as I'll be rooting against them, I'm more and more confident in them winning this game. If I could bet on this game I'd be hitting the Heat really hard.

BTW...the Heat are the slight fav at -2.

Good call.

It's just the nature of people and especially the media to overreact. Granted, Miami had lost 3 in a row but I never bought any of the crap being spewed that they had packed it in or any other mental issues. They were playing bad basketball. Simple as that. I said earlier in the thread they probably could win the series with their B- game but they weren't even bringing their C game for much of Game 3,4, or 5. I mean even tonight as a team they probably only had their B game and basically rode LeBron for 3 quarters. Granted, Boston was really bad as well.

#168 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,601 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 10:14 PM

First 45-15-5 game in a playoff game in 25 years!

#169 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 07 June 2012 - 10:18 PM

And honestly no reason for things to be different in Game 7. I'm not saying Miami will win by 20 but they are clearly the better team. You know LeBron will play as many minutes as needed again. It would take a monumental effort by Boston and I just don't see that in them.

Miami isnt the better "team" but they do have the 2 best players on the court, including the best on the planet.

#170 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,601 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 10:20 PM

Miami isnt the better "team" but they do have the 2 best players on the court, including the best on the planet.

Yeah, but really, Wade hasn't been the 2nd best player this series or even the third.

#171 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 07 June 2012 - 10:26 PM

Yeah, but really, Wade hasn't been the 2nd best player this series or even the third.

I agree with that but I like Wade and LeBron vs Rondo and KG.

Pierce is a big key on Saturday because he looks awful right now.

#172 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 07 June 2012 - 10:26 PM

Ronny Turiaf, right?
@beginthebegin71

#173 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 07 June 2012 - 10:32 PM

Ronny Turiaf, right?

No....Battier! ;)

#174 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 10:40 PM

Miami is better. I mean I know the point you are getting at but those 2 and now 3 with Bosh back make them better. Especially, when you got that best player on the planet playing 48 min if needed. Again, Boston can win but it would take them playing really well and Miami playing relatively poorly. I go back to what I said after Game 2. Miami played better than Bos for only 10 or so min of that 53 minute game but that was all it took. They essentially erased the 2 quarters worth of being outplayed in a 5 min stretch in the 3rd quarter. They are just the more explosive team. They have another gear that Boston can't reach.

#175 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 07 June 2012 - 10:44 PM

Miami is better. I mean I know the point you are getting at but those 2 and now 3 with Bosh back make them better. Especially, when you got that best player on the planet playing 48 min if needed. Again, Boston can win but it would take them playing really well and Miami playing relatively poorly. I go back to what I said after Game 2. Miami played better than Bos for only 10 or so min of that 53 minute game but that was all it took. They essentially erased the 2 quarters worth of being outplayed in a 5 min stretch in the 3rd quarter. They are just the more explosive team. They have another gear that Boston can't reach.

Yes, they are more explosive but they don't play better in the half court(offense or defense), aren't as balanced, not even close to as well coached or don't have the intangibles Boston has.

But they do have LeBron and Wade and Boston is still dealing with guys playing at half speed.

I expect Miami to win game 7 though.

#176 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,601 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 10:46 PM

I don't think you can really count Bosh as being back in a way that they have a big 3 again. He has to prove that imo.

Boston can easily win if LeBron doesn't play great, because Wade hasn't been that good, the aforementioned Bosh point, and you can't count on the rest of the team. Of course Wade could play great and Bosh could return to form, and you could get a random really good game from a couple of guys. Just can't count on any of that.

#177 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,601 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 10:48 PM

First 45-15-5 game in a playoff game in 25 years!

Make that since Wilt in 1964!

#178 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 11:41 PM

I don't think you can really count Bosh as being back in a way that they have a big 3 again. He has to prove that imo.

Boston can easily win if LeBron doesn't play great, because Wade hasn't been that good, the aforementioned Bosh point, and you can't count on the rest of the team. Of course Wade could play great and Bosh could return to form, and you could get a random really good game from a couple of guys. Just can't count on any of that.

That's where we disagree, well I guess not really since your hypothetically saying LeBron doesn't bring it and you think Wade could continue to be inconsistent at best. I guess that would probably qualify as Miami's C game or worse. Still, I think Boston needs to bring their A game and then hope the above happens. Possible, but not likely IMO. I mean consider Bosh has been out or limited in the series and Wade has been mediocre to poor and Miami has still won 3 games and 2 of the ones they lost went down to the wire. Game 3 was really the only game they weren't really in despite their sub par play overall in the series.

#179 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,601 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 01:08 AM

Well Pierce and Allen have been bad much of the series, so that argument goes both ways. If LeBron plays just OK for him and Wade plays like he has throughout this series, the C's don't need to play close to their A game because the Heat don't have much else.

#180 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 08 June 2012 - 02:08 PM

I'm far from an NBA expert, so don't take my opinion too seriously. I gotta think with the way Miami demolished the Heat, Bosh getting more minutes, and Game 7 in "South Beach," the Heat will win and wouldn't shock me if they win big again. Looks like the Celtics are getting cooled off!
@levineps

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=