#81 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,574 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 06 June 2012 - 09:54 PM

What an unbelievable quarter of basketball that was. Tempted to root for the Spurs just so I get a game 7....but NAH....go Thunder!

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#82 Adam Wolff

Adam Wolff

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,294 posts
  • LocationWaynesboro, PA

Posted 06 June 2012 - 09:55 PM

Fantastic quarter! Lets go OKC!

Kerr's right, this may be the best game of the playoffs so far. It'll be interesting to see how this plays out. Certainly would have to think OKC is in the driver's seat. Had a great 3rd, Duncan is going to have to sit some, I'd assume to start the quarter, and Durant seems to be primed for a takeover.

Spurs need to hope that Westbrook decides he wants to play hero.

@AdamWolff

#83 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 09:55 PM

These taunting calls they've been making in the playoffs are absolutely absurd. Who cares if a guy says something to another player or the bench? Trash talk has been a part of sports forever.

Between technical fouls and being goated into calling offensive fouls via ridiculously dramatic, academy award worthy flops, the officiating is weak as hell.

Well obviously as Jackson or anyone else is spotting up in that corner of the opposing bench someone is saying something to try and distract the shooter. To give it back after you make it just can't be a technical as long as it's not over the top and going towards the other end of the court.

The flopping is horrible too. It will be as bad as soccer if something isn't done soon enough.

#84 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,574 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 09:56 PM

I would imagine flopping will be addressed by Stern & Co. this offseason. It's really come to the forefront these playoffs.

Not surprising since three of the league's biggest floppers (Pierce, Ginobili, Parker) are on every night.

@bopper33

#85 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 06 June 2012 - 10:07 PM

Lead at 4...SA in a real danger zone right now.

#86 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 06 June 2012 - 10:08 PM

I would imagine flopping will be addressed by Stern & Co. this offseason. It's really come to the forefront these playoffs.

Not surprising since three of the league's biggest floppers (Pierce, Ginobili, Parker) are on every night.

Nothing you can do about it outside of telling the refs to stop calling it.

#87 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 10:15 PM

Again, will OKC finish. They've had SA on the ropes for the last 5 min and really probably should have extended this further than the 4 it is now. Hope they do, but I'm worried at the moment.

#88 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,563 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 06 June 2012 - 10:16 PM

Nothing you can do about it outside of telling the refs to stop calling it.

Can call them for flopping if it's obvious. The league office can also discipline players after the fact.

#89 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,462 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 06 June 2012 - 10:17 PM

Again, will OKC finish. They've had SA on the ropes for the last 5 min and really probably should have extended this further than the 4 it is now. Hope they do, but I'm worried at the moment.

Right. I'm not feeling overly confident at the moment.

#90 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 158,120 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 10:20 PM

Fisher's 3, puts OKC up 5 with 4+ remaining. Duncan misses... under 4 mts, OKC has the ball, and throws it out of bounds.

#91 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 06 June 2012 - 10:22 PM

OKC up 6 after Harden 3...SA done?

#92 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,462 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 06 June 2012 - 10:27 PM

OKC up 6 after Harden 3...SA done?

Probably.

As much as I hate the Heat, Thunder Heat would be a great match-up.

#93 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,574 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 10:29 PM

Man I wish this team was still in Seattle. That's all. Congrats to them.

@bopper33

#94 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 10:31 PM

What was that by Popovich. He didn't call 1 TO the last 5 or 6 min of the game after his aging stars had played pretty much the whole game. Thought that was really bad to just keep letting them play there. That game was pretty much a two possesion game the whole time.

#95 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,563 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 10:32 PM

Congrats to the Thunder. Almost everyone had counted them out after Game 2, but they have now made the leap to the Finals! If they get the C's, I will make the possible mistake of overlooking them and expecting OKC to win the title. I hope the Heat comeback though, because that would be a great series with 3 of the top 5 or so players in the league, with arguably the two best facing each other, and then OKC having another top 10 player and a very good player in Harden.

#96 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 10:35 PM

Congrats to the Thunder. Almost everyone had counted them out after Game 2, but they have now made the leap to the Finals! If they get the C's, I will make the possible mistake of overlooking them and expecting OKC to win the title. I hope the Heat comeback though, because that would be a great series with 3 of the top 5 or so players in the league, with arguably the two best facing each other, and then OKC having another top 10 player and a very good player in Harden.

People were overrating the Spurs and underrating the Thunder pretty much throughout the playoffs. I mean I understand why considering SA won 20 in a row and the Thunder have always had to prove that they weren't too young. Point is, like I said the other night, OKC was the more talented team. You can;t overrate something like depth because when it comes down to the nitty gritty like tonight your only going to go basically 7 deep. Having quality bench players like Splitter, Blair, Danny Green, etc mea absolutely nothing.

#97 Adam Wolff

Adam Wolff

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,294 posts
  • LocationWaynesboro, PA

Posted 06 June 2012 - 10:39 PM

Big congrats to the Thunder, and especially Durant. He's such a classy guy, the perfect guy to be the face of the NBA for many years to come.

For anyone who didn't see the special on why he wears #35, here's a story. Very good stuff.

http://newsok.com/wh...article/3448737

@AdamWolff

#98 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,563 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 10:39 PM

People were overrating the Spurs and underrating the Thunder pretty much throughout the playoffs. I mean I understand why considering SA won 20 in a row and the Thunder have always had to prove that they weren't too young. Point is, like I said the other night, OKC was the more talented team.

They have a more talented top 3, and probably a more talented overall team despite the depth advantage of the Spurs, but the Spurs play better as a team, and that's why they could have easily won this series. But some of that teamwork dissipated as the series went along and Parker's play fell off as did the play of some of the role players.

#99 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,462 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 06 June 2012 - 10:41 PM

Big congrats to the Thunder, and especially Durant. He's such a classy guy, the perfect guy to be the face of the NBA for many years to come.

For anyone who didn't see the special on why he wears #35, here's a story. Very good stuff.

Good call. I'm a huge Durant fan.

#100 Adam Wolff

Adam Wolff

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,294 posts
  • LocationWaynesboro, PA

Posted 06 June 2012 - 10:45 PM

Good call. I'm a huge Durant fan.

Such a good dude. He's the antithesis of a lot of other star players. I'll certainly be rooting for them against either the Celtics or the Heat.
  • You Play to Win the Game likes this

@AdamWolff

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=