136 replies to this topic

#61 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 10:51 PM

2012 Spurs apparently just like the 2011 Spurs. Both are gonna lose 4 in a row in the playoffs.Talk about depth, great coaching, etc all you want but talent usually wins out in the end. OKC is more talented.
  • BSLChrisStoner likes this

#62 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,977 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 04 June 2012 - 11:04 PM

First off, what an incredible game! THIS is what the NBA should be about! I really hope ND watched since he doesn't like the NBA because this game tonight was miles better than anything the NCAA can give us.

Second, color me completely shocked that the Spurs lost at home. They looked completely lost out there for large stretches of this game. Once they gave away the lead they started with it felt like they were playing catch-up and just trying to hang on for most of the game.

Third, as much as I love Westbrook (I've said he's the most underrated player in the league), if the Thunder had lost this game is on him. You play with the best pure scorer in the league, GIVE HIM THE BALL. The Thunder had about 4 straight possessions where he turned the ball over (including an incredibly terrible offensive foul call when Parker flopped). You need to get Durant the ball even if he doesn't demand it.

I think Game 6 is shaping up to be an absolute gem. The Spurs have worked too hard to get to the point and lose. THeir backs are against the wall and you better believe that OKC crowd is going to be insane. Wow. Can't wait.

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#63 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,894 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 04 June 2012 - 11:21 PM

First off, what an incredible game! THIS is what the NBA should be about! I really hope ND watched since he doesn't like the NBA because this game tonight was miles better than anything the NCAA can give us.

Second, color me completely shocked that the Spurs lost at home. They looked completely lost out there for large stretches of this game. Once they gave away the lead they started with it felt like they were playing catch-up and just trying to hang on for most of the game.

Third, as much as I love Westbrook (I've said he's the most underrated player in the league), if the Thunder had lost this game is on him. You play with the best pure scorer in the league, GIVE HIM THE BALL. The Thunder had about 4 straight possessions where he turned the ball over (including an incredibly terrible offensive foul call when Parker flopped). You need to get Durant the ball even if he doesn't demand it.

I think Game 6 is shaping up to be an absolute gem. The Spurs have worked too hard to get to the point and lose. THeir backs are against the wall and you better believe that OKC crowd is going to be insane. Wow. Can't wait.

Great post all the way around. It was an incredible game.

#64 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 159,072 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 08:09 AM

Magic Johnson this morning, "The keys are that over the past 3 games, the pace has been played at OKC's level, and their bench has outperformed San Antonio's."

#65 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,894 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 05 June 2012 - 09:02 AM

Not that I'm a huge fan of his analysis, but Jalen Rose was saying this morning that in a series like this, the series doesn't REALLY start until there's an elimination game. I kind of agree with him. With elimination on the line, I think we see a different level from the Spurs.

#66 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 05 June 2012 - 09:25 AM

Magic Johnson this morning, "The keys are that over the past 3 games, the pace has been played at OKC's level, and their bench has outperformed San Antonio's."

Right...For all the talk of the SA depth and their ability to score, they don't want to run with OKC. I said that earlier in the thread...OKC needs to run.

I said after the first 2 games that I didn't see anyone beating SA 4 times. I am still not sure I am buying that they lose this series however, the reason I stated earlier in the thread that this is a toss up of a series is because OKC had the 2 best players on the court and Harden is right there with the 2 best SA players.

Can the precision and coaching edge of SA win the next 2 games?

#67 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,601 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 05 June 2012 - 08:55 PM

Right...For all the talk of the SA depth and their ability to score, they don't want to run with OKC. I said that earlier in the thread...OKC needs to run.

I said after the first 2 games that I didn't see anyone beating SA 4 times. I am still not sure I am buying that they lose this series however, the reason I stated earlier in the thread that this is a toss up of a series is because OKC had the 2 best players on the court and Harden is right there with the 2 best SA players.

Out of curiosity, who are you calling SA's top 2 players?

#68 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 05 June 2012 - 10:06 PM

Out of curiosity, who are you calling SA's top 2 players?

Parker and Manu.

#69 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,601 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 10:41 PM

OK, good choices. Duncan deserves to be mentioned in the top 6 players in the series, though.

#70 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,601 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 08:27 PM

Spurs are looking like they did before these past 3 games. Lets see if OKC can comeback.

#71 Adam Wolff

Adam Wolff

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,294 posts
  • LocationWaynesboro, PA

Posted 06 June 2012 - 08:33 PM

What a 1st by the Spurs. I think OKC will def be back, but what a focused and determined quarter that was. Things looking very tight, in a good way.

@AdamWolff

#72 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,601 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 08:53 PM

How about Jackson? 4-4, all from 3! Huge game so far from an unlikely key contributor.

#73 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 09:09 PM

Kerr made a good point in that the Spurs aren't going to keep shooting at this pace. Will they tire in the 2nd half because we know this pace favors the Thunder or will the 15 point lead they've built up be enough to hold off OKC.

#74 Adam Wolff

Adam Wolff

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,294 posts
  • LocationWaynesboro, PA

Posted 06 June 2012 - 09:21 PM

Steven Jackson's uncontrollable smile after he hit his last 3 made me lol.

Posted Image

@AdamWolff

#75 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 159,072 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 09:26 PM

Steven Jackson's uncontrollable smile after he hit his last 3 made me lol.

Almost Jordan vs. the Blazers esque.

#76 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 159,072 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 09:31 PM

Lead is evaporating for the Spurs... 6 point game with 7:47 left in the 3rd.

#77 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 06 June 2012 - 09:41 PM

SA better not let OKC take the lead and extend it at all.

#78 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 09:43 PM

SA better not let OKC take the lead and extend it at all.

Well OKC is gonna get this lead. No doubt in my mind. The question will be will they tighten up again and can they finish. They were tight to start that game as they were to close game 5. It's easy to play loose to make a big run to get back in a game. Can they continue it once they get back on even footing. The question at this point is can OKC finish.

#79 Adam Wolff

Adam Wolff

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,294 posts
  • LocationWaynesboro, PA

Posted 06 June 2012 - 09:46 PM

These taunting calls they've been making in the playoffs are absolutely absurd. Who cares if a guy says something to another player or the bench? Trash talk has been a part of sports forever.

Between technical fouls and being goated into calling offensive fouls via ridiculously dramatic, academy award worthy flops, the officiating is weak as hell.
  • BSLChrisStoner likes this

@AdamWolff

#80 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,601 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 09:52 PM

Fantastic quarter! Lets go OKC!

1 user(s) are reading this topic