#361 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 22 July 2014 - 03:50 PM

1.  AJ is awesome.  Who doesn't love them some Rock-and-Jock.

B.  It's downright painful to watch Chris Davis to try to hit a baseball in person.

C.  It was awesome to see Trout strikeout both times, but especially with the bases loaded.

4.  As always a good amount of O's fans in attendance and you just gotta love yelling out 'O' during the NA.

5.  Bud was good.  Seemed to get into trouble a few times, and nibble a couple of times when he got to 2 strikes, but overall solid game.  Hope his ankle/leg, wherever he got hit, is okay.

F.  Breath was held when Matusz came in to pitch.

7.  We love to strikeout.

8.  Gotta love tailgaiting outside the Big A.

I.  Can't wait to go back Wednesday.

Figured you were at this game from the lack of presence in the game thread.

It must be cool to see a game when they come to your city. I don't really think of it the same as when the O's come to DC, since I go to plenty of games during the year. I don't think they played each other when I lived in Colorado, atleast during the school year -- interleague was different back then after all.

@levineps

#362 Markus

Markus

The Great Cornholio

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,363 posts
  • LocationIn-N-Out Sucks, CA

Posted 22 July 2014 - 04:00 PM

^It's definitely cool going to a game and actually having a rooting interest (outside from the local, minor league teams I've adopted).  Sure beats going to some random Angels/Mets game and drinking and hoping to maybe, possibly see something I've never seen before.

Also, I haven't read through the game thread yet but it looked like Nelson just missed hitting some absolute monster homers last night.  Just got under 'em a tiny bit.

Chris Davis, otoh, couldn't hit water if he fell out of a freaking boat.  Oh, and no way he should've cut off that throw from Markakis.  Seriously, if you're gonna crap the bed at the plate, at least be on your game out in the field.

Lemme get two claps and a Ric Flair

#363 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 22 July 2014 - 04:05 PM

^It's definitely cool going to a game and actually having a rooting interest (outside from the local, minor league teams I've adopted).  Sure beats going to some random Angels/Mets game and drinking and hoping to maybe, possibly see something I've never seen before.

Also, I haven't read through the game thread yet but it looked like Nelson just missed hitting some absolute monster homers last night.  Just got under 'em a tiny bit.

Chris Davis, otoh, couldn't hit water if he fell out of a freaking boat.

Ha, my brother who doesn't exactly like baseball, always asks me why I want to see the O's in DC or on the road, when I could see two teams I don't usually see. I point out to him (and it's the same thing with you in LA), that you could really see any team you want in the majors, given that there's an AL/NL team nearby (in addition to all the interleague play now). It's just not the same if I'm going to let's say Kansas City and watching the Indians play. I'm just rooting for a good game.

Going through the game threads after the games, I go to or miss is always fun, especially predicting how certain posters might react at certain points.

@levineps

#364 Markus

Markus

The Great Cornholio

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,363 posts
  • LocationIn-N-Out Sucks, CA

Posted 22 July 2014 - 04:10 PM

Doink the CLown was LEGIT!

He's got nothing on the Brooklyn Brawler.  The ultimate jobber.

Lemme get two claps and a Ric Flair

#365 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,386 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 22 July 2014 - 04:54 PM

Chris Davis, otoh, couldn't hit water if he fell out of a freaking boat.

Ha, my brother who doesn't exactly like baseball, always asks me why I want to see the O's in DC or on the road, when I could see two teams I don't usually see. I point out to him (and it's the same thing with you in LA), that you could really see any team you want in the majors, given that there's an AL/NL team nearby (in addition to all the interleague play now). It's just not the same if I'm going to let's say Kansas City and watching the Indians play. I'm just rooting for a good game.

Going through the game threads after the games, I go to or miss is always fun, especially predicting how certain posters might react at certain points.

I know some of the Mets 7 line guys and they are no where near as overly emotional as some around here get. I was pretty surprised at that, I figured it was just the norm for the 1% of hardcore fans...maybe its just PTSD from the 14 year run?
@JeremyMStrain

#366 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 22 July 2014 - 05:05 PM

I know some of the Mets 7 line guys and they are no where near as overly emotional as some around here get. I was pretty surprised at that, I figured it was just the norm for the 1% of hardcore fans...maybe its just PTSD from the 14 year run?

Everyone has their own schtick -- my personal opinion is when you take every "bad" loss like losing the 7th game of the World Series in dramatic fashion, it looks silly for when that actually happens. There's 162 games, I know the criticism to that is I'm not taking every game seriously. It's not that, it's I know that we're going to have games we shouldn't win and games should've won every year and many of them. I've been watching baseball long enough to know it's a long season.

• JeremyStrain likes this
@levineps

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=