#2 Greg Pappas

Greg Pappas

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,514 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 18 May 2012 - 10:13 AM

Thanks for sharing this solid article. I'm a big fan of Almora, and while he hasn't been linked (that I know of) to the O's at #4, I'd LOVE to have him.

#3 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,680 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 12:09 PM

Almora does not seem to be under consideration from the O's. The more I have read about him, the more I have liked. He would be my choice at 4, but I'll be happy with Gausman.

#4 JeffLong

JeffLong

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,826 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 12:16 PM

Almora does not seem to be under consideration from the O's. The more I have read about him, the more I have liked. He would be my choice at 4, but I'll be happy with Gausman.

Almora doesn't have the same high ceiling I would want out of a HS pick. That said, apparently the cubs are in love with him. "The cubs would take him first overall if they could" blah blah blah
@JeffLongBP

#5 Stotle

Stotle

2080 Baseball

• Members
  • Pip
  • 529 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 01:02 PM

Almora doesn't have the same high ceiling I would want out of a HS pick. That said, apparently the cubs are in love with him. "The cubs would take him first overall if they could" blah blah blah

I would take him first overall were I the Astros, and I am going to in the shadow draft I run.
@NickJFaleris

#6 fan4life

fan4life
  • Members
  • 146 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 01:18 PM

I would take him first overall were I the Astros, and I am going to in the shadow draft I run.

Wow... can you give me some players drafted recently you would compare him with?

#7 Stotle

Stotle

2080 Baseball

• Members
  • Pip
  • 529 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 01:26 PM

Wow... can you give me some players drafted recently you would compare him with?

He's a more refined center fielder than any recent HS draftee I can think of. Makes the comp difficult. As weird as it sounds, I think of him as a more physical Francisco Lindor, were Lindor a center fielder.
@NickJFaleris

#8 Greg Pappas

Greg Pappas

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,514 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 04 June 2012 - 01:51 PM

Almora=Outstanding prospect. I like this young man a great deal, and have him rated (by a thin margin) just behind Correa as the top player in the draft.

#9 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,680 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 05:54 PM

Nobody is going to out work this kid. Make-up off the chart.

#10 Stotle

Stotle

2080 Baseball

• Members
  • Pip
  • 529 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 09:52 PM

And this is exactly why I said this. Will pat myself on the back -- Houston and I were thinking EXACTLY the same. Signable HS kid to under $7.2 MM deal and use the extra ~$2 MM to get McCullers in supplemental-1st.
  • BSLChrisStoner and JeremyStrain like this
@NickJFaleris

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=