#101 Markus

Markus

The Great Cornholio

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,363 posts
  • LocationIn-N-Out Sucks, CA

Posted 26 August 2014 - 10:39 AM

Hilton needs to find the endzone more. His five TDs came in two games. 14 games without a score. Otherwise looks solid. Brady could be a steal now that Gronk is back. Where did you draft him? He went 6th round in my latest draft.

Brady went in the 7th round.  Agree about Hilton but hopefully Sanders, with Welker being iffy and Decker being gone will get a lot of balls (that's what she said) from Peyton.

Lemme get two claps and a Ric Flair

#102 Markus

Markus

The Great Cornholio

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,363 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 10:40 AM

Was supposed to have a draft for one of my leagues on Sunday evening.  But apparently Yahoos servers caught fire and we couldn't draft.  I've never had that happen before.

Yeah, Jeremy and I were talking about that last night in the BSL Keeper League thread.  They really mucked things up. 

Also, yesterday it looked like they actually disabled mock-drafts in the hopes that doing so would enable real, actual drafts to go off without a hitch.

#103 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,973 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 10:43 AM

Just traded Doug Martin ($33) and Percy Harvin ($5) for Matt Forte ($33) in a keeper auction league.  Wasn't going to be able to keep Harvin, so it was a no-brainer.  Love my keepers now, McCoy ($48), Forte ($33), Bryant ($20) and Brown ($12).  Won't have a ton of budget left over, but should be able to fill out my roster nicely.  Only a couple QBs are going to get kept, so should be good value to add there.

• Mike in STL likes this

#104 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,657 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 11:02 AM

Great RB's and Bryant? Wow. How many teams are in the league?

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#105 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,238 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 26 August 2014 - 11:11 AM

Just traded Doug Martin ($33) and Percy Harvin ($5) for Matt Forte ($33) in a keeper auction league.  Wasn't going to be able to keep Harvin, so it was a no-brainer.  Love my keepers now, McCoy ($48), Forte ($33), Bryant ($20) and Brown ($12).  Won't have a ton of budget left over, but should be able to fill out my roster nicely.  Only a couple QBs are going to get kept, so should be good value to add there.

So what will you be purchasing with your championship money?

#106 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,973 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 11:28 AM

Great RB's and Bryant? Wow. How many teams are in the league?

12 teams.

It's not a foregone conclusion yet.  Another guy gets to keep Charles, Megatron, Lynch, and Rodgers.  He'll only have $65 after keepers, though.  I'll have $78.  $200 is standard, so we're well behind the 8-ball in terms of depth.  Gotta bid intelligently and end up with good values at QB, TE, and depth at WR/RB.

#107 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,238 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 26 August 2014 - 06:48 PM

Anyone know if you can run two Yahoo drafts with their software?

Work league today picked 8 pm tonight too... maybe different browsers?

#108 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 10:03 PM

Anybody know a basic ranking sheet for a 6 point QB TD league.

A quick Google search didn't help.

If not, what would be your strategy??

#109 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 11:54 PM

Anybody know a basic ranking sheet for a 6 point QB TD league.

A quick Google search didn't help.

If not, what would be your strategy??

Get Peyton, Brees, or Rodgers, even if its a reach. Second round. If you're early to mid pick, dont waste your first round pick there. But if your late pick, get them in the early second because they wont make it back to you late in the third.

Last year in a similar league, Jammal Charles had 332 points. Peyton...532!

I look at it like this. If Peyton throws 50 TDs, thats 100 more points with 6pt TDs than 4pt TDs. (110 more last year) 100 points over the season, call it 6 points a week. How often is a match up decided by single digits? Having a Peyton, Brees, or Rodgers in the 6pt format probably buys you a couple wins in close games.

So if you dont land the elite three, wait until the Romo/Stafford/Brady run. Romo had 200 less points than Peyton last year. 120 or so less than Brees. Thats 8-15 points a week you miss out on not getting an elite QB.
  • Chris B likes this
@BSLMikeRandall

#110 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,238 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 29 August 2014 - 06:13 AM

Exactly this ^

I like a combo of Ryan (6/7 round), Cutler (7/8) and Rivers (9/10) if you have an early first rounder and you don't want to spend on the early three.

#111 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 01:54 PM

Yeah, I mean obviously it devalues QBs like Kaepernick and Newton a bit.

I have the 9th pick in the first so I'm pretty sure the top 3 QBs will be gone. This is the first year we went to 6 point TDs and I know some guys will go for those QBs before me.

Anyway yeah, I'd like to get either Ryan or Brady later but I have a feeling guys will start reaching for them relatively early too.

How would you rank the top 10 QBs in a 6 TD league?? I'm thinking.

1. Manning
2. Rodgers
3. Breed
4. Stafford
5. Brady
6. Luck
7. Ryan
8. Rivers
9. Romo
10. Foles

#112 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,973 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 02:04 PM

I think Romo is gonna have a big year, I'd rank him above Rivers and maybe Ryan as well.  Brady could be really good again with Gronk back, or be just ok like last year.

If Manning, Rodgers, and Brees are all gone when it gets to your pick in the first round, then I definitely avoid drafting a QB until much later.  Let the rest of your league spend 3rd through 5th round picks on guys rated 4th thru 7th or 8th above and then pick whoever is left.  I don't see a lot of difference in the guys on that 2nd and 3rd tier, or more importantly a way to distinguish between who will rise to the top of that tier and who will put up lesser numbers.  Just load up on RB and WR while other guys are drafting QBs.  All you gotta do is make sure you get the 9th or 10th best guy before everyone else starts drafting their backup and you should be in great shape.

#113 McNulty

McNulty

la cerveza está muy fría

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,670 posts
  • LocationBS

Posted 29 August 2014 - 03:50 PM

So what clever names has everyone seen this year?  I'm using Ice Up SON

@fuzydunlop

#114 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,609 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 29 August 2014 - 04:10 PM

So what clever names has everyone seen this year?  I'm using Ice Up SON

• McNulty likes this

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#115 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,973 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 04:20 PM

I'm reusing Great Odin Lloyd's Raven from last year.<br /><br />Expecting to see some great Ray Rice themed names this year but haven't seen any. The only league I'm in with multiple Skins or Steelers fans is my work league, which has to have a bit higher level of decorum.

#116 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,750 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 29 August 2014 - 05:52 PM

Flacco Seagulls
Velvet Extract
  • McNulty likes this

#117 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 07:23 PM

I need a new one. "Show no MRSA" with the Bucs logo isnt exactly topical anymore.
@BSLMikeRandall

#118 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 04:23 PM

Here's a example of why I'm not taking a RB in the first round. Even with the first overall pick.

This is based on standard PPR scoring on NFL.com. Listed are the top six RBs, followed by the top six QBs and WRs in fantasy points each year. 

Charles 361

McCoy 335

Forte 331

Moreno 265

Lynch 257

QBs - Peyton, Brees, Dalton, Rivers, Stafford

WRs - Gordon, D. Thomas, A. Brown, Green, C. Johnson

Peterson 387

Martin 322

Foster 301

Lynch 280

Rice 264

QBs - Brees, Brady, Peyton, Rodgers, Ryan

WRs - C. Johnson, Marshall, Bryant, Green, A. Johnson

Rice 370

McCoy 327

Foster 306

Sproles 303

Jones-Drew 292

QBs - Brees, Rodgers, Brady, Stafford, Newton

WRs - C. Johnson, Welker, Nelson, Cruz, Harvin

Foster 388

McCoy 284

C. Johnson 280

Peterson 278

McFadden 272

QBs - Peyton, Brady, Rodgers, Vick, Rivers

WRs - White, Bowe, Lloyd, Jennings, Wayne

From 2010 to 11, two of the top six RBs repeated similar performance. From 2011 to 12, two did. From 2012 to 13, just one. The trends say that at least three of Charles, McCoy, Moreno, Lynch, Forte, won't crack the top five in RB points. So why roll the dice? Even Peterson was an easy #1 overall pick in the 2013 draft after his 2012 season. He scored 244 last year. A 143 point drop off from the year before. Some folks probably wish they didn't waste that pick on him. 

The surest bets, draft Megatron or A.J. Green, then either Manning or Brees while most folks still think you have to get RB early and end up with a bust. This is optimal if your in the mid to late draft slots. If you have the second pick it'll be hard to see Manning or Brees come back to you late in the second. Maybe Rodgers is there which is just as good...better if he didn't get hurt last year. You should take sure things with your first picks, and RBs are far from sure things. Even the elite like Peterson. 

I'm starting a revolution. Say no to drafting RBs in the first two rounds! With so many teams going to a committee approach, it just means more RB options are available in season if you keep your eyes open. Ryan Matthews was an early draft pick last year and was the 10th highest scoring RB. His teammate, Danny Woodhead, was likely undrafted or drafted very late. He caught 76 balls and scored eight TDs, only had 13 less points than Matthews. 

Wait until Round 3 to get your Ray Rice, Ben Tate, Toby Gerhart, who all have a chance to be one of those top 5 backs in 2014. 

I'm sticking to this strategy in my three drafts this year. We'll see how it goes. 

@BSLMikeRandall

#119 Cisc-O's

Cisc-O's

Back by no demand

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,102 posts
  • LocationFresh Prince of .......

Posted 30 August 2014 - 09:55 PM

Week one rg3 or Collin kaep who do you start?
<p>I am pretty sure Shack is thinking of PBR.

#120 Markus

Markus

The Great Cornholio

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,363 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 11:03 PM

Kaep vs the Cowboys or Bob Jr. in a new system that he's struggled in all preseason vs. Watt, Clowney, et. al.?

I'd go Kaep.

Of course that probably means Bob Jr. Will light up Houston.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=