#61 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,544 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 19 August 2014 - 11:42 AM

Lacy will be gone by 8. If I had to guess, the top 7 will be Charles, McCoy, AP, Forte, Lacy, Megatron, Graham.

Which means I'm looking at Murray or Ball at 8.

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#62 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,767 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 12:46 PM

I think I like you making the trade for the 8th pick in that case.  Moving up from 22 to 8 is worth your 4th, you still get your early 3rd round pick for a WR.  Grab whoever you think is the ebst RB left.  I personally wouldn't take Murray that high, though if you already have a stud in pocket you can afford to gamble a bit on his upside against his injury downside.  Ball is an option there I like him.  I'm a big Doug Martin fan.  But, if it unfolds like you say, I'm grabbing up Marshawn Lynch without a second thought. 

#63 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,544 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 01:56 PM

I countered to the owner of the 5 pick asking to give my 4th rounder instead of my 3rd.  We will see what he says.  Either way, I think I'm dancing here.  I LOVE PRE-DRAFT TRADES.

@bopper33

#64 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,767 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 02:13 PM

I countered to the owner of the 5 pick asking to give my 4th rounder instead of my 3rd.  We will see what he says.  Either way, I think I'm dancing here.  I LOVE PRE-DRAFT TRADES.

Fantasy trades, in any sport, is my heroin.  I love talking trades, even when nothing comes of it.

#65 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,544 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 02:26 PM

Fantasy trades, in any sport, is my heroin.  I love talking trades, even when nothing comes of it.

You would love this league then.

Last year, in a 12 team league, there were 51 trades, and that was a lighter year for dealing.

@bopper33

#66 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,544 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 02:28 PM

The year before there were 74 trades.

@bopper33

#67 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,557 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 02:40 PM

Man, trades in my league (a salary cap, auction league) are few and far between and usually only happen in a flurry before the deadline. People are always afraid they're getting taken.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#68 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,544 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 02:48 PM

Man, trades in my league (a salary cap, auction league) are few and far between and usually only happen in a flurry before the deadline. People are always afraid they're getting taken.

It's the exact opposite in this league.  In my other two leagues I'm one of the more aggressive traders and in this one I probably trade in the bottom 3 of the league.  We have been doing this since 2002 and at this point everyone fancies themselves some elite negotiator.  Makes trading very easy.

@bopper33

#69 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 19 August 2014 - 05:21 PM

Lacy will be gone by 8. If I had to guess, the top 7 will be Charles, McCoy, AP, Forte, Lacy, Megatron, Graham.
Which means I'm looking at Murray or Ball at 8.

I would take Leveon Bell before Murray in that spot.

#70 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,234 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 19 August 2014 - 05:55 PM

Where is Foster going in your guys drafts? Do you like him this year?

The Texans' run SOS is incredibly easy this year. I really like Foster this year and in a lot of my mocks he's been getting to me at pick 21 (fourth pick in round 1).

#71 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,378 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 19 August 2014 - 06:05 PM

The Texans' run SOS is incredibly easy this year. I really like Foster this year and in a lot of my mocks he's been getting to me at pick 21 (fourth pick in round 1).

Problem is that Fitzpatrick is the QB so teams can shift heavy to the run. Stop him and AJ and the game is over.
@JeremyMStrain

#72 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,234 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 19 August 2014 - 06:08 PM

Problem is that Fitzpatrick is the QB so teams can shift heavy to the run. Stop him and AJ and the game is over.

True. That's my main concern.

I still feel like he has a lot of value as an RB2. Obviously someone like Gio has more upside though.

#73 Markus

Markus

The Great Cornholio

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,363 posts
  • LocationIn-N-Out Sucks, CA

Posted 19 August 2014 - 06:19 PM

He's already got a hamstring issue and combined with all his other past medical issues, I'm avoiding.  Plus as Jeremy said, with Fitz as the quarterback other teams can stack the box.

Lemme get two claps and a Ric Flair

#74 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,767 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 07:11 PM

I don't think Fitzpatrick is that much worse than Schaub, even before he fell off last year.  I think Schaub was always a little overrated and Fitzpatrick a little underrated.  Maybe not underrated, but he can throw the ball just fine, his problem is he throws it to the other team too often, but he can sling it around pretty well.  He's not a guy you really stack the box on because you know he can't hurt you.

#75 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,737 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 20 August 2014 - 08:50 AM

Where do you guys stand on drafting multiple players from the same team?  I'll often try and pair a QB-WR from the same team to go for "double" points on TD plays.  But what about multiple WR from the same team?  You've got Marshall and Jeffery for CHI, Jones and White for ATL, Cobb and Nelson for GB, and Thomas/Welker  for Denver, to name a few of the top WR tandems.  Would you avoid drafting a second player from one of these tandems to spread out your eggs or if he's the top player on your list you take them regardless of already having the other?

#76 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,767 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 09:02 AM

I factor in bye weeks and try not to get too many guys with the same bye, and obviously teammates have the same bye week, but if I don't hesitate to grab a #1 and #2 WR from the same team if I think the #2 WR is the best guy available.  Or a WR and TE from the same team.

#77 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,544 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 09:04 AM

I try to avoid it with mediocre talent.  Obviously having Peyton Manning and Demariyus Thomas on the same team is advised, but having just decent players on the same team can burn you. 

Lol, I remember one year, my buddy one week was burned by BYE weeks so he literally started like 5-6 Jaguars.  I believe he had Garrard, MJD, one of their crappy WR, Marcedes Lewis and he even started their kicker.

The Jags scored zero points that game.  I think he still holds the record for lowest amount of points in a week in our league's history.

@bopper33

#78 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,234 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 20 August 2014 - 09:09 AM

I'm a big fan of grabbing a QB/WR duo IF the WR is a bonafide type of guy. I like a same-team WR/WR combo is too risky.

I had Brees/Graham in Graham's rookie year (or whenever he burst into the fantasy scene) and it paid huge dividends for me.

#79 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 09:39 AM

One year, probably when Peyton threw 49 TDs, guy had Peyton, Harrison, Dallas Clark, Edgerin James. He won the league. Chiefs had a stout offense then, the following year I had Trent Green, Larry Johnson, Tony G., Eddie Kennison. I won one game.

So you definitely need top talent for the tandems to pay off.
@BSLMikeRandall

#80 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 09:51 AM

So my league does something really strange as far as draft order. We randomly pick the draft order of every round. So hypothetically, you could have the 1st pick every round or the last pick every round. I know its weird and not fair but that's not really what I want to discuss.

I of course get the short end of the stick and draft 9th in the first round and 20th in the 2nd.  I do have the 23rd pick as well.

So here is the deal. A guy wants to trade up to 9 from 17 in the 2nd round. Im not sure I can wait til the 17th pick to pick my first player. it will definitely be something where I wont be able to lock in a deal until I see who is available at 9 but if there is someone there Im not in love with and I think I could still get someone solid at 17 as my 1st pick I would consider the trade.

So he has the 24th pick(3rd round) in the draft and Im thinking that pick would be a must for me to get in a trade. I would not swap higher than my( 43rd) 5th rounder. I probably would want another minor swap in my favor as well.

So essentially at minimum it would be 9 and 43 for 17 and 24.

What do you think?? Do you think 9 is too much to give up. That I need a top 10 or at least  top 13 pick?? How much more would you ask for in a trade??

BTW....TD throws are worth 6 points . If Rodgers, Manning, or Brees are there at 9 I probably cant pass one up because I know none of them will be there at 17.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=