Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 11 July 2014 - 08:52 PM

ESPNCavaliers season tickets sell out

A Cavaliers source confirmed to ESPN.com that the team capped season-ticket sales at slightly more than 12,000 tickets Friday, leaving roughly 8,000 tickets per game to be used for group sales and ticket plans.

Shortly before 12:30 p.m. ET, when James' decision was revealed, the Cavaliers' ticket phone lines were so jammed that the team began rerouting lines in the office to be used for ticket sales. The Cavaliers sell season tickets only over the phone.

And the real losers in all of this potentially...

After James arrived in Miami four years ago, the Heat laid off many of their ticket sales staff once season tickets were sold out.

@levineps

#682 Dupin

Dupin

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,317 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 08:54 PM

Is Irving, Love and LeBron enough to be a legit title favorite?

I mean it's a great core, but I find myself pondering who else they have money to surround themselves with. Part of Miami getting vets to play for pennies was being able to play half your season in South Beach. These guys aren't going to turn millions down to hang out in Cleveland, OH as easily.

According to Nate Silver, yes, yes it is.  Even without the stats backing it up, I'd rank that as the best trio in the league.  They're a little short on depth, but so were the Heat.  It's more talent than Lebron had before in Cleveland by far.

#683 SammyBirdland

SammyBirdland

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,019 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 09:00 PM

vyte8e5e.jpg
  • Adam Wolff and Oriole85 like this
¡Hasta la vista, pelota!

#684 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 11 July 2014 - 09:26 PM

vyte8e5e.jpg

@darrenrovell Kudos to the guy wearing the burned LeBron jersey at Wrigley pic.twitter.com/nwiM7TeMmi (H/T @K_Waltman)

BsTf99qCIAAowgi.jpg

• SammyBirdland, Markus and Dupin like this
@levineps

#685 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,252 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 11 July 2014 - 09:30 PM

Rovell sucks.

#686 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 11 July 2014 - 09:35 PM

Rovell sucks.

I knew that kind of comment was coming, I like the content he produces even if he's a bit obnoxious. 

@levineps

#687 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,384 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 11 July 2014 - 09:38 PM

People were talking about Miami being the fav again. Plus, like anywhere else he would have attracted more talent there.

What a ridiculous claim. And I get called out for crazy pyschoanalysis.

It was wrong to call them the favorite again. They would have been a huge underdog against the West based on what we know now. And it's hard to attract much talent with no money. 

He has a better chance at winning titles with Cleveland than Miami, especially if they can pull off a deal for Love. He also had a better chance at winning titles with other teams that he did or could have considered. 

#688 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,384 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 09:41 PM

Seriously though, it is interesting that besides me the only two people who have been somewhat critical of LBJ have been two lesser to non NBA fans.

People who are into a particular sport don't want to think that the greats are infallible or will go that extra step to defend them.

Look at Tiger. He had and still has staunch supporters. People that defended him tooth and nail because he was such a great golfer.

The casual fans being more on your side is interesting, especially since you consistently like to say how even though you're in the minority, you're in the majority overall.

Two points on that:

You've said you don't like sports radio because it plays to the common fan, which is basically beneath you. Well, the common fans are why you were in the majority, not the serious NBA fans. 

I'm pretty sure you're not in the majority with what you're saying regarding him going to Cleveland. 

#689 Dupin

Dupin

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,317 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 09:42 PM

It was wrong to call them the favorite again. They would have been a huge underdog against the West based on what we know now. And it's hard to attract much talent with no money. 

He has a better chance at winning titles with Cleveland than Miami, especially if they can pull off a deal for Love. He also had a better chance at winning titles with other teams that he did or could have considered. 

Even if they don't get Love, Wiggins has a lot of potential and helps them long term on that rookie deal.  And Ray Allen is probably going to follow Lebron and keep getting 3's.  That's more veteran leadership to help get that team ready to truly contend.  And let's not act like Irving isn't a great player.  They'll have a shot.  I don't think they're the favorite, but the Cavs are going to be a good basketball team.

#690 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,384 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 09:43 PM

Regarding the pressure in Miami vs Cleveland, well why would the pressure be higher in Miami, I mean it's not even LeBron's team, right?

#691 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,384 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 09:44 PM

Even if they don't get Love, Wiggins has a lot of potential and helps them long term on that rookie deal.  And Ray Allen is probably going to follow Lebron and keep getting 3's.  That's more veteran leadership to help get that team ready to truly contend.  And let's not act like Irving isn't a great player.  They'll have a shot.  I don't think they're the favorite, but the Cavs are going to be a good basketball team.

Great may be too strong of a word for Irving, but he is a very good young player and it will be interesting to see how he does with a lot more talent around him. 

#692 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,384 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 09:45 PM

On a more serious note regarding the pressure, Pete, you said that there may be more pressure to win the first title in Cleveland, but after that, not so much. Well first off, winning that first one anytime soon is hardly a given, secondly, if they get Love, are you really saying there wouldn't be a ton of pressure to win again after winning that first one? Why would that be any different then in Miami?

#693 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 11 July 2014 - 10:45 PM

Look at you guys(Cerano and Shields specifically) getting all worked up over someone having a difference of opinion. Seriously, stop taking yourselves so damn seriously. My first inclination is to get mad, but then I laugh and think to myself how can people get so worked up and let someone get under their skin about something so meaningless in the grand scheme of life.

That's not me admitting to trolling. Im not trolling. I do believe what Im saying, and despite the insults otherwise, Im not living in my own world with the criticisms of LeBron. That said, Im not losing sleep over his decision when I go to bed at night. Get a grip.

I don't care that you have a difference of opinion...it's how biased and moronic about the topic you are. You have zero credibility.

#694 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 11:20 PM

I don't care that you have a difference of opinion...it's how biased and moronic about the topic you are. You have zero credibility.

You were/are biased about the Tiger Woods saga. You have zero credibility.

It's so easy to say stupid shit like the above when you're the one on the popular side of a debate / opinion.

#695 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 11:33 PM

Way to completely avoid your stupid pyschoanalysis retort. Your the one who came up with so.e stupid idea that people wanted him to go back to Miami because he was more likely to fail.

Before everything changed in the last few days when it became much more likely James could go.back, Miami was still the betting favorite in the East. They were still in the top 3 to win the title.

#696 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 11:33 PM

Way to completely avoid your stupid pyschoanalysis retort. Youre the one who came up with some stupid idea that people wanted him to go back to Miami because he was more likely to fail.

Before everything changed in the last few days when it became much more likely James could go back to Cle, Miami was still the betting favorite in the East. They were still one of top 3 favs to win the title.

#697 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,384 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 11:35 PM

What the hell am I avoiding? I don't care what the betting odds were, Miami wasn't going to win a title next year unless they got more out of Wade and the role players. I think it's more likely they would have gotten less.

#698 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 11:40 PM

The casual fans being more on your side is interesting, especially since you consistently like to say how even though you're in the minority, you're in the majority overall.

Two points on that:

You've said you don't like sports radio because it plays to the common fan, which is basically beneath you. Well, the common fans are why you were in the majority, not the serious NBA fans.

I'm pretty sure you're not in the majority with what you're saying regarding him going to Cleveland.

Again, way to completely overlook the main point. That being that people are less critical of and want to believe in the great ones more.

Anyway, you're not even specific with what you're saying here. I never said I was in the majority on anything LBJ. I said, I'm not representative of the way you guys are painting me on LBJ. As someone completely on an island. There are a lot of people on this island there is substance behind our issues with his decisions.

And again, the casual or even non NBA fans are less biased. That's the point. They aren't blinded by LBJs greatness.

#699 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,384 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 11:44 PM

You don't have any reasonable points to overlook so who cares?

#700 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 11:49 PM

What the hell am I avoiding? I don't care what the betting odds were, Miami wasn't going to win a title next year unless they got more out of Wade and the role players. I think it's more likely they would have gotten less.

Lol. I don't care what the betting odds were. That's a fucking line you would call me out on if I used.

Experts, fans, bookies, etc thought Miami was still the fav in the East. It's hilarious. If LBJ had gone back there 100% guaranteed you would not make such a strong statement about their lack of a chance to win it all.

So how did you conclude the haters were rooting for him to go back to Miami because it lessened his chances of winning. What a joke. Yet another statement you'd call someone out for making on a different subject.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=