#22 Roll Tide

Roll Tide

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 09 May 2012 - 09:32 PM

They announced on WBAL on my way home from my SOGGY softball game that tomorrows starters are

Chen & Tommy Hunter ....With Endy Chavez to the DL with a neck injury.
Roll Tide

#23 ravens8589

ravens8589

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,306 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 10:30 PM

Jai Miller would seem to be needed, right?

Put TT and BRob on 60 day DL for him and Eveland.

I highly doubt we will see B-Rob on the 60 day DL. Why? Because he can be ready any day. Concussions are weird (I have had a few). Recovery time is dependent on the person and honestly, it is kind of random when one is ready. There is no definite recovery time from concussions. He could be ready in a few weeks or months. They will just keep 15 day DLing him.
@Langley486

#24 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts
  • LocationBeautiful Bel Air, MD

Posted 09 May 2012 - 10:38 PM

Jai Miller would seem to be needed, right?

Put TT and BRob on 60 day DL for him and Eveland.

I highly doubt we will see B-Rob on the 60 day DL. Why? Because he can be ready any day. Concussions are weird (I have had a few). Recovery time is dependent on the person and honestly, it is kind of random when one is ready. There is no definite recovery time from concussions. He could be ready in a few weeks or months. They will just keep 15 day DLing him.

They'll put him through a rehab assignment before bringing him back. I find it very hard to believe that he'll be ready to play and complete rehab by the first week in June.

#25 Adam Wolff

Adam Wolff

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,294 posts
  • LocationWaynesboro, PA

Posted 09 May 2012 - 11:42 PM

I'd think we'll see some Betemit in LF as well.

@AdamWolff

#26 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 10 May 2012 - 09:41 AM

They can retroactive it back to the end of March, meaning he could come off of it within the next 2-4 weeks...and I guarantee you he will not be playing baseball in the majors before that time.

#27 Greg Pappas

Greg Pappas

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,514 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 10 May 2012 - 10:18 AM

Put BRob on the 60-day DL... makes sense under the circumstances. Teagarden as well.

#28 ravens8589

ravens8589

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,306 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 12:24 PM

Put BRob on the 60-day DL... makes sense under the circumstances. Teagarden as well.

Makes sense I just don't know if they will do so. I see Teagarden being put there. MAkes me wonder why we dealt for him seeing as how he isn't even playing anytime soon.
@Langley486

#29 furryburres

furryburres
  • Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 01:12 PM

Okay, so multiple sources on Twitter right now have just confirmed the following:

Game 1 Tomorrow: Chen vs. Lewis
Game 2 Tomorrow: Hunter vs. Holland

Endy Chavez to the DL.

Something tells me that Hunter's nasty tendency to keep the ball up, as opposed to Hammel's recently found ability to keep it down, will especially hurt against this lineup.

This looks like a time we could really use a strong pitching performance. Too bad about Hammel.

#30 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts
  • LocationBeautiful Bel Air, MD

Posted 10 May 2012 - 03:31 PM

Makes sense I just don't know if they will do so. I see Teagarden being put there. MAkes me wonder why we dealt for him seeing as how he isn't even playing anytime soon.

Maybe because he wasn't hurt at that point? ;)

#31 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,494 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 06:03 PM

Lindstrom to the DL. Great.

#32 Coker

Coker

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,553 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 02:19 PM

And now Reynolds to the DL per Roch.

Edit: Oblique injury sustained yesterday.

#33 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,494 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 03:29 PM

And now Reynolds to the DL per Roch.

Edit: Oblique injury sustained yesterday.

He slowed down after the Boston series, but heading to the DL is not going to help get his bat going. Even when he is ready to come back, going to take some games to back into the swing of things. Hopefully when he ready, he can get a couple of rehab games.

#34 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 03:42 PM

Boy, is this looking like it could be a lost season for Reynolds. Probably too early to say that but I got a sneaking suspicion. If it is a lost season it'll be interesting to see what kind of deal he gets next offseason as a FA. Clearly, the O's wouldn't pick up the option or offer arbitration. Would it shock anybody to see him have to settle for a 1 yr/1-2 mil contract.

#35 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,494 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 03:45 PM

Boy, is this looking like it could be a lost season for Reynolds. Probably too early to say that but I got a sneaking suspicion. If it is a lost season it'll be interesting to see what kind of deal he gets next offseason as a FA. Clearly, the O's wouldn't pick up the option or offer arbitration. Would it shock anybody to see him have to settle for a 1 yr/1-2 mil contract.

If it is a totally lost season? No. If he gets back, finishes with 30+ homers, and an .800 OPS, he will get plenty of money from someone; even if the O's don't pick up the option. Do agree that an oblique injury, coupled with him again showing nothing at 3rd tilts things to moving towards a lost year.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=