Photo

Game 26: 5/1 O's vs. Pittsburgh (8:55pm)

• Please log in to reply
492 replies to this topic

#481 Icterus galbula

Icterus galbula

Half-Member, Half-Amazing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,224 posts
  • LocationThe Big Easy

Posted 02 May 2014 - 12:03 AM

I've said for years ill GLADLY eat crow if Matt develops into a great hitter. But I'm not ready to get excited...yet.

I'm really hoping you'll have to go full Thenn.
  • The Epic and BobPhelan like this

#482 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,401 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 02 May 2014 - 12:04 AM

Yeah, I'm sure you saw this coming.

Didnt say that, but see.my edited post above. It's just not realistic.

Shane Victorino was great after giving up switch hitting last year. It's realistic. Matt had to change something and he did, but it was his stance rather than his switch hitting.

#483 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 12:05 AM

I don't expect him to be a " great" hitter but this is more than just a hot streak too.

He's consistently making better contact from the left side and it's because the changes have allowed him to have a shorter swing.

#484 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,713 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 02 May 2014 - 12:06 AM

I don't expect him to be a " great" hitter but this is more than just a hot streak too.
He's consistently making better contact from the left side and it's because the changes have allowed him to have a shorter swing.

Please don't curse Wieters...

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#485 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts
  • LocationBeautiful Bel Air, MD

Posted 02 May 2014 - 12:06 AM

Oh. TY Wieters for not listening to the internet hitting coaches who wanted you to stop hitting lefty

Seriously, the perfect example of why you don't do something like that once you get this far in the game.

You're much more likely to turn it around with adjustments vs trying to start seeing pitches coming at you from angles you've never seen in your while baseball life.

To be fair, I'm pretty sure you're about two shaky appearances from suggesting Matusz stop pitching lefty :)

• BobPhelan and Pedro Cerrano like this
@DJ_McCann

#486 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,713 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 02 May 2014 - 12:07 AM

To be fair, I'm pretty sure you're about two shaky appearances from suggesting Matusz stop pitching lefty :)

This is damn funny.

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#487 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 12:09 AM

Shane Victorino was great after giving up switch hitting last year. It's realistic. Matt had to change something and he did, but it was his stance rather than his switch hitting.

Victorino only did it because of imjury. Not performance related. I assume he's back to switch hitting this year.

Your always going to exhaust all adjustment changes first. Its a complete desperation move .

#488 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,401 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 12:14 AM

Victorino only did it because of imjury. Not performance related. I assume he's back to switch hitting this year.

Your always going to exhaust all adjustment changes first. Its a complete desperation move .

Actually he's just hitting righty. It's also not really relevant why he changed, what is relevant is that it instantly worked.

#489 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 12:15 AM

Matusz probably would provide us.more value pinch hitting for LOH'NO than pitching.

#490 The Epic

The Epic

^^ That's my name. Don't wear it out.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,147 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 02 May 2014 - 12:17 AM

...and just like that, the Orioles have the fourth-best record in the AL.

• BSLChrisStoner likes this

#491 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 12:19 AM

Actually he's just hitting righty. It's also not really relevant why he changed, what is relevant is that it instantly worked.

No it is relevant because he never planned to do it.

It was a necessity. Just like youre not going to see anyone else do it unless it's desperation or necessity.

Maybe it'll be the next big thing struggling switch hitters do. I doubt it. If only they had internet advisors.

#492 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,401 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 12:22 AM

Well you said it wasn't realistic and I think that's wrong. Also, maybe giving up switch hitting shouldn't be something that only happens if you physically can't really bat from one side any longer. If you suck batting from one side for a long time, try facing same handed pitching from your good side. If it doesn't work out it's not like you've lost much.

#493 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,401 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 12:24 AM

And come on man, you're really going to use "internet advisors" to rip on people? Do you have no self awareness or do you just like to get a rise out of people?
  • Adam Wolff likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=